56 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 11 Empty Re: Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:14 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He is spitting on Sagna
https://vine.co/v/MZdn5x0MBFM
Wow。。。that that was in front of another Arsenal player lol? Robben....
It was already stated that it was just some drop of sweat that fell down.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:15 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He is spitting on Sagna

https://vine.co/v/MZdn5x0MBFM

Wow。。。that that was in front of another Arsenal player lol? Robben....

nonsense, he's not 'spitting on sagna', he's bowing down to ask if he's alright and sweat drops down.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
dronte wrote:Mandzukic was totally invisible for the whole match. It seemed like Bayern didn't even need him on the pitch

Now come to Juve  Twisted Evil 

Feel bad for the guy, hes one of those that seem to not be up there during the big games? Hes been great in the league though. And I can see everyone whos him to join their club though  Laughing 

Well except for being the best player in the Juve ties, scoring a goal in the CL final etc, he clearly is not up there for big games.
You guys watch us ONCE every half year and then everything is sorted out from that sample base, right?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Disgraceful sweating from Robben.

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 11 9k=
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Cannot believe the audacity Robben had to perspire upon Sagna's defenceless body. He could have killed him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Cannot believe the audacity Robben had to perspire upon Sagna's defenceless body. He could have killed him.  
Laughing Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Cannot believe the audacity Robben had to perspire upon Sagna's defenceless body. He could have killed him.  

Drowned in another person's sweat, that's a terrible way to die.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Oh, I couldnt tell from the pic, thats a big fat drop of sweat then Razz

And to Hapless Hans, dont get me wrong, I like the guy, I dont watch Bayern consistently, but definitely more than once a year. Hes very good, but it seems there is a general feeling he could be surplus to Bayern with Lewand comes, which is unfair to him since hes worked and played so well.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Oh, I couldnt tell from the pic, thats a big fat drop of sweat then Razz

And to Hapless Hans, dont get me wrong, I like the guy, I dont watch Bayern consistently, but definitely more than once a year. Hes very good, but it seems there is a general feeling he could be surplus to Bayern with Lewand comes, which is unfair to him since hes worked and played so well.

That is true. But such is the striker's fate at Bayern. Mandzukic was bought as an addition to Gomez, pushed Gomez out of the starting line-up, Gomez left for more first team action.

Mandzukic has proven he can fight his way above the striker competition at the club, however it's hard to see he'd be able to get decisively ahead of Lewandowski.
Add to that that we'll likely play a lot of games without a pure striker, with Götze/Müller instead, and playing time will be scarce.

That's why I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out, and usually we don't keep our players back in such a case, or ask unreasonable fees.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah that was one of the moments of decency from Bayern, when they sold Gomez (a move I'm still not sure was that brilliant) - but IF you're going to sell one of the world's best poachers, which I guess you might do if you plan to play without his type of player, I think it's a really decent move to make him affordable for the clubs he might want to go to.

I still can't fathom why one of the larger clubs that like to counter-attack, or play high crosses, didn't bid for Gomez, though. Could've done wonders for the likes of Juve, Chelsea (as long as Mou's there) or others, though I guess in that regard Fiorentina isn't a bad fit either, I just thought more clubs would be waving their credit cards in Gomez' way, was a bit surprised in the end.

Though mostly moot point, injured anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah that was one of the moments of decency from Bayern, when they sold Gomez (a move I'm still not sure was that brilliant) - but IF you're going to sell one of the world's best poachers, which I guess you might do if you plan to play without his type of player, I think it's a really decent move to make him affordable for the clubs he might want to go to.

I still can't fathom why one of the larger clubs that like to counter-attack, or play high crosses, didn't bid for Gomez, though. Could've done wonders for the likes of Juve, Chelsea (as long as Mou's there) or others, though I guess in that regard Fiorentina isn't a bad fit either, I just thought more clubs would be waving their credit cards in Gomez' way, was a bit surprised in the end.

totally agree
to think Tottenham paid Soldado almost twice the price ( same age) ...

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:13 pm

He's back to fitness, played 20 minutes against Inter and 30 against Esbjerg.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Gomez explicitly wanted to go to Firenze, for some reason.

Probably because they provided the most attractive ratio of guaranteed first team action vs. club size, or because they showed the most love, or because he/his girlfriend thought it would be nice to live there. Which it surely is.

Napoli wanted him, bid more, I'm sure a couple of Premier league clubs were interested as well, but he said for this last part of his career he wanted to play "weekend midweek every week".

Also, a part of the plan might have been to outscore Klose in Serie A, to make it hard for Löw to continue putting his beloved pensioner ahead.

We got RIDICULOUSLY little money for him, 14m € I think, and a big reason for that was allowing him to go where he wanted.He deserved that though, he had an incredible minutes played/goal ratio for us.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Gomez explicitly wanted to go to Firenze, for some reason.

Yeah I know this was the reason he ended up there, I was just wondering why no club tried to step in with a 25m+ deal and the wages to match it.

We got RIDICULOUSLY little money for him, 14m € I think, and a big reason for that was allowing him to go where he wanted.He deserved that though, he had an incredible minutes played/goal ratio for us.

Exactly my point. That was ridiculously nice of Bayern, Gomez was coming off a fine run of form, tbh, his efficiency for Bayern was unreal, and they paid north of 30m for him. I fully expected him to be way more expensive, and Bayern really met him half way there.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:02 pm

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Gomez explicitly wanted to go to Firenze, for some reason.

Yeah I know this was the reason he ended up there, I was just  wondering why no club tried to step in with a 25m+ deal and the wages to match it.

Exactly my point. That was ridiculously nice of Bayern, Gomez was coming off a fine run of form, tbh, his efficiency for Bayern was unreal, and they paid north of 30m for him. I fully expected him to be way more expensive, and Bayern really met him half way there.

I guess it was that probably other clubs did make offers, I know that Bayern could've gotten more money from Napoli, but it seemed he had his heart set on Fiorentina, so what can you do.
Chelsea would've bought him for sure, why not.
But I guess he had it up to here with sitting on the bench, rotating in for cup and minor league games and getting subbed on in the 89th minute.

Similar stories with Luca Toni, Roy Makaay etc, they could also leave as soon as they asked.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:28 am

Actually Gomez's price was 16 million+4 million in bonuses so it can possibly total to 20 million in the future.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Oh, I couldnt tell from the pic, thats a big fat drop of sweat then Razz

That is true. But such is the striker's fate at Bayern. Mandzukic was bought as an addition to Gomez, pushed Gomez out of the starting line-up, Gomez left for more first team action.

Mandzukic has proven he can fight his way above the striker competition at the club, however it's hard to see he'd be able to get decisively ahead of Lewandowski.
Add to that that we'll likely play a lot of games without a pure striker, with Götze/Müller instead, and playing time will be scarce.

That's why I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out, and usually we don't keep our players back in such a case, or ask unreasonable fees.

I see... too bad for these strikers Bayern will play only 0 or 1 striker  Laughing I find it a bit strange too about Pizarro. Hes not bad but not that good, but he just suits Bayern so well and scores consistently as a sub and in friendlies. However, he was poor at Chelsea. Must be the quality of service he gets at Bayern Smile

In an ideal world, Bayern could relaly become a super elite team if they keep everyone and for all the players to be happy, but we all know that dont happen. But I hope both MAnduzic and Lewand can be there for rotation/backup since they are both quality and suit Bayern Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:01 am

Robespierre wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah that was one of the moments of decency from Bayern, when they sold Gomez (a move I'm still not sure was that brilliant) - but IF you're going to sell one of the world's best poachers, which I guess you might do if you plan to play without his type of player, I think it's a really decent move to make him affordable for the clubs he might want to go to.

totally agree
to think Tottenham paid Soldado almost twice the price ( same age) ...

Laughing 

Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down