Hapless_Hans
DeletedUser#1
S
56 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 8 Empty Re: Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Just like with Man City/Barca, the red card changed the game. Arsenal were on par with Bayern up until the red card. Bayern definitely looked vulnerable defensively with that early pressure at the start. Bayern not being as good defensively as last season was clear prior to the match. I don't think Bayern's pressing was intense enough at the start, which allowed Arsenal time to pass and get through. Robben, again was a key player attacking wise, causing Arsenal trouble with his dribbling and movement.

For me this was the main reason that Arsenal were able to do anything during the first 25 minutes of the game. Mandzukic typically plays much smarter in the press, but today he was rather poor and it allowed Arsenal to stay in the game early which is likely why he was pulled so early in the second.

To your general comment, Bayern had already started to take over the game completely around the 25th minute, the red card happened around the 37th minute, but yes Arsenal were very game during the first 25 prior to Bayern settling. I said Arsenal had to score first in order to have a chance and they "failed" in that respect. How do you send the one guy Neuer knows the best (perhaps in the world) to take that penalty?

For Bayern the coaching mistake of the game by Pep was Gotze starting over Muller. I understand Gotze has been on good form in the league, but Muller is the ultimate big game player and I had confidence in his ability to pull the strings and settle the team when teams come at us like Arsenal did in the first 25.

For Arsenal the biggest coaching mistake of the game was when Wenger took off Ox. I really felt bad for Arsenal because by taking Ox off the pitch Wenger pretty much capitulated that Bayern were going to leave the Emirates with at least a 1-0 scoreline.

In the end, Arsenal played a great game early, and I really wish it would have been 11 v. 10, but I doubt the scoreline would have changed even if it hadn't happened.

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:27 am

Statistics were about equal up until the red card. similar shots on target, similar possession etc, Bayern "took over" nothing Laughing

Christ, the way some people go on, you'd think we barely had a sniff of the ball Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 am

Once Gibbs got injured Arsenal didn't have a sniff of the ball. The game wasn't over, but you can't honestly tell me Arsenal had anything on the bench capable of swinging the game back the other way.

I said it before, this tie was lost when Walcott got injured. He was the perfect foil for our one consistent weakness. Without him Arsenal never really had a chance no matter how they good they looked for a brief period.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 am

This is the kind of arrogance that pisses people off about Bayern fans. 11 v 11 Even with Monreal on, how can you say we didn't have a chance? Ox was terrorizing your right hand side and almost scored Everytime we got the ball, we looked dangerous, yet we had "no chance"? :facepalm:

Listen, just grit your teeth, clench your fists and accept that the game was even until the red card and could have gone either way. I know it hurts your soul deeply to admit that Bayern didn't sweep us aside like they do most Bunders fodder and needed a red card to gain an advantage, but do try.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:40 am

Lex wrote:Statistics were about equal up until the red card. similar shots on target, similar possession etc, Bayern "took over" nothing Laughing

Christ, the way some people go on, you'd think we barely had a sniff of the ball Rolling Eyes

statistics were equal up to the red card because you dominated the first 15 minutes until we found our game and took over. It's not rocket science.
You'd lost without the red card too, probably even higher, as you wouldn't have stood in the box with 9 men.

Basically, this game ran its course like all our league games, against Gladbach, Nürnberg, Freiburg etc this year. Shaky start, giving away opportunities, then taking over, in the end winning comfortably.
Nothing special, really, as we didn't play particularly well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 am

Do what they do in movies when they have to seal a wound with fire when no medical assistance is immediately available. Wedge a bit of wood between your teeth and bite down hard
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 am

Lex wrote:Do what they do in movies when they have to seal a wound with fire when no medical assistance is immediately available. Wedge a bit of wood between your teeth and bite down hard

lol, why would we have to seal a wound? A bit butthurt and bitter, are we?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 am

Listen, PLEASE listen. No-one "took over" This isn't WWII, so drop this "took over" line, because it's getting tedious. It's very easy NOW to claim oh "Bayern would have won anyway even with 11 men" because we'll never know. Everyone expected us to be swept aside within the first 10 minutes. Not only could we have been leading within 10 minutes, we were holding our own against the mighty Bayern

winning comfortably
Woohoo, well done, you "comfortably" beat 10 men Rolling Eyes

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:49 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Lex wrote:Do what they do in movies when they have to seal a wound with fire when no medical assistance is immediately available. Wedge a bit of wood between your teeth and bite down hard

lol, why would we have to seal a wound? A bit butthurt and bitter, are we?
If you're going to join in on this convo, at least attempt to keep up, dear
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 am

Lex wrote:Listen, PLEASE listen. No-one "took over" This isn't WWII, so drop this "took over" line, because it's getting tedious. It's very easy NOW to claim oh "Bayern would have won anyway even with 11 men" because we'll never know. Everyone expected us to be swept aside within the first 10 minutes. Not only could we have been leading within 10 minutes, we were holding our own against the mighty Bayern

winning comfortably

Yeah, well, it was a bit boring of course and I admit not a very glorious achievement, because it's a bit embarassing if the home side can't keep the ball for longer than 3 seconds during a whole half.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:52 am

Tell Robben not to act like a sissy next time and there might be more of a chance of a proper football game
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:54 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:home side can't keep the ball for longer than 3 seconds during a whole half.
Aaaa so that's why possession was more or less even before the red card, because we weren't able to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds Laughing :facepalm:

Time for your nap I think, hans
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 am

Lex wrote:Tell Robben not to act like a sissy next time and there might be more of a chance of a proper football game
We gave you a chance at a 'proper' football game by starting like a trainwreck and giving away a penalty, it's not our fault if you're not willing to take what's offered..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:57 am

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 8 1959445_717268694972064_1509532877_n
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 am

Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:home side can't keep the ball for longer than 3 seconds during a whole half.
Aaaa so that's why possession was more or less even before the red card, because we weren't able to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds Laughing:facepalm:

Time for your nap I think, hans

'whole half' - you can read right?

10 man City didn't see that little of the ball against Barca as you did against us, guess that's because you're no City.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 am

Lex wrote:Listen, PLEASE listen. No-one "took over" This isn't WWII, so drop this "took over" line, because it's getting tedious. It's very easy NOW to claim oh "Bayern would have won anyway even with 11 men" because we'll never know. Everyone expected us to be swept aside within the first 10 minutes. Not only could we have been leading within 10 minutes, we were holding our own against the mighty Bayern

winning comfortably

Congrats you tied Bayern for 30 mins Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 am

Lex wrote:This is the kind of arrogance that pisses people off about Bayern fans. 11 v 11 Even with Monreal on, how can you say we didn't have a chance? Ox was terrorizing your right hand side and almost scored  Everytime we got the ball, we looked dangerous, yet we had "no chance"? :facepalm:

Listen, just grit your teeth, clench your fists and accept that the game was even until the red card and could have gone either way. I know it hurts your soul deeply to admit that Bayern didn't sweep us aside like they do most Bunders fodder and needed a red card to gain an advantage, but do try.

It's only arrogance because from your point of view you had a chance when common sense said different.

I said Arsenal came out with energy and gave us a game early. Once the game settled, and Bayern hadn't conceded a goal, what we expected happened.

Arsenal did far better than I expected, and I said going in Ox was the key, and he did well but he needed to be Walcott and he wasn't.

CBarca wrote:

winning comfortably

rofl

Why do Arsenal fans lose their minds when they lose? It's almost as if every loss brings out their inner Gil.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 am

Yep, your gameplan was to start shit, give us a chance, then turn on the boosters Laughing

Again, I can understand if you underestimated us and expected to be 5-0 up before the 20 minute mark, so to see the  game level at half time, it must have been a shock to your system, hence why you're trying to act like this was the plan all along Now, you're neither Nostradamus or Professor X and you have no idea how the game would have panned out had Szczesny not been sent off, so please cease with your assumptions that you would have won anyway. It's clear to anyone watching that the game was pretty even before the red card and Bayern simply underestimated Arsenal and it almost bit them in the arse
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 am

CBarca wrote:

winning comfortably

People in houses made of 7-0 thrashings shouldn't throw stones
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:08 am

Lex wrote:Yep, your gameplan was to start shit, give us a chance, then turn on the boosters Laughing

Again, I can understand if you underestimated us and expected to be 5-0 up before the 20 minute mark, so to see the  game level at half time, it must have been a shock to your system, hence why you're trying to act like this was the plan all along Now, you're neither Nostradamus or Professor X and you have no idea how the game would have panned out had Szczesny not been sent off, so please cease with your assumptions that you would have won anyway. It's clear to anyone watching that the game was pretty even before the red card and Bayern simply underestimated Arsenal and it almost bit them in the arse

to be fair, the only place where we were expected to be 5:0 up before the 20th minute is in your own head
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:09 am

Lex wrote:Yep, your gameplan was to start shit, give us a chance, then turn on the boosters Laughing

I don't think you are following what I'm saying, I'm not saying Bayern and Arsenal weren't even. I have an issue that you think it was even until the red card. The game was over for me when Gibbs went down, so we are really arguing over a matter of minutes.

Lex wrote:
CBarca wrote:

People in houses made of 7-0 thrashings shouldn't throw stones

Yeah, but I didn't lose my mind when it happened :coffee:

Last edited by Motogp69 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 am

Dominated Bayern for 5 minutes on home ground, Arsenal :bow:
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 am

Lex and Hapless downshift a gear please.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 am

Motogp69 wrote:Why do Arsenal fans lose their minds when they lose? It's almost as if every loss brings out their inner Gil.
Rolling Eyes Well it's easy for you, you follow, what, three teams? If one's doing badly, you always have another two to fall back on

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 8 X9EJLH
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:13 am

ok, BC, but we're just having fun.
I'd put a coffee emoticon behind everything I write, but that would be a bit too obvious.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:15 am

Lex wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:Why do Arsenal fans lose their minds when they lose? It's almost as if every loss brings out their inner Gil.
Rolling Eyes Well it's easy for you, you follow, what, three teams? If one's doing badly, you always have another two to fall back on

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich - Page 8 X9EJLH

rofl

I'm a Spurs fan, no amount of Champions League victories by Bayern can right that pain. History :bow:

Last edited by Motogp69 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next