Firenze
98 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II

Post by Robespierre Fri May 09, 2014 8:31 pm

The Legend wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Agree about " the Real " :coffee:
I love the first pic of your sig. That match was amazing and it finished 3-3 . Toulon Tournament 1997. Amazing goal by Roberto Carlos there.
Ronaldo was God and that Italy could seriously to win the World Cup with another manager and not Cesare ffs Maldini :lol:Massive NT who could permitt  even to not call up Zola ( he won also Cup Winners' Cup with Chelsea than now) for that WC, it was an Italy definitely better than now.
Italian football in gradual decline

It was Tournoi de France Tournament not Toulon. Toulon Tournament is for the youth. Young Del piero scored two goals in that game, and both teams scored an own goal.

You are right about Italia's huge potential in 1998 World cup. It was a great squad packed with world class talents. Pagliuca, Maldini, Canavaro, Nesta, Albertini, Dino Baggio, Roberto Baggio, Del Piero Vieri etc. It wasn't Cesare Maldini's fault that Italia got out in the Quarters though. They were kicked out on penalties vs France after dominating the French for 120 mins. I still shudder in sadness when I remember Luigi Di Biaggio's penalty miss. I strongly believe Italia could have gone all the way had they went past France in the quarter finals.

No indeed France dominated Italy, or at least they played definitely better.
On the other hand Cannavaro and Bergomi were the best players that day. Italy didn't play to football, hardily Italy did it with Cesare Maldini , it just relied on individualities ,expecially thanks to Roberto Baggio  much inspired in that WC (while Del Piero was a ghost) . Italy even robbed to Chile in that group .
The only match worthily played  was against Camerun ( Di Biagio played a great WC, but he is reminded just for that penalty kick. but probably it's normal)
France won just with penalties kicks , but tbh it was the result most deserved, they were more squad  than Italy. I cried that day , but I was 8

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri May 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Robespierre wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Agree about " the Real " :coffee:
I love the first pic of your sig. That match was amazing and it finished 3-3 . Toulon Tournament 1997. Amazing goal by Roberto Carlos there.
Ronaldo was God and that Italy could seriously to win the World Cup with another manager and not Cesare ffs Maldini :lol:Massive NT who could permitt  even to not call up Zola ( he won also Cup Winners' Cup with Chelsea than now) for that WC, it was an Italy definitely better than now.
Italian football in gradual decline

It was Tournoi de France Tournament not Toulon. Toulon Tournament is for the youth. Young Del piero scored two goals in that game, and both teams scored an own goal.

You are right about Italia's huge potential in 1998 World cup. It was a great squad packed with world class talents. Pagliuca, Maldini, Canavaro, Nesta, Albertini, Dino Baggio, Roberto Baggio, Del Piero Vieri etc. It wasn't Cesare Maldini's fault that Italia got out in the Quarters though. They were kicked out on penalties vs France after dominating the French for 120 mins. I still shudder in sadness when I remember Luigi Di Biaggio's penalty miss. I strongly believe Italia could have gone all the way had they went past France in the quarter finals.

No indeed France dominated Italy, or at least they played definitely better.
On the other hand Cannavaro and Bergomi were the best players that day. Italy didn't play to football, hardily Italy did it with Cesare Maldini , it just relied on individualities ,expecially thanks to Roberto Baggio  much inspired in that WC (while Del Piero was a ghost) . Italy even robbed the Chile in that group .
The only match worthily played  was against Camerun ( Di Biagio played a great WC, but he is reminded just for that penalty kick. but probably it's normal)
France won just with penalties kicks , but tbh it was the result most deserved, they were more squad  than Italy.

I don't agree with you on that game, bro. I watched that game. We dominated France that game. All the French did was running around like a headless chicken. Baggio came on late in that game after replacing Del Piero. I remember Baggio almost scoring after a long ball from Albertini. It was very, very close chance and I can still remember it vividly.

It is true the Chileans troubled us, but it is Italia's tradition to start slowly in every major tournament. We picked up after that. Crushed Cameroon and Austria, and comfortably beating Norway in the second round.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Italy-Norway comfortably beated ? No mate, it was all except comfortable.
I have still the suffering on for that match , the typical 1-0 caught with the teeth.  Italy showed even a worrying athletic condition in decline in that match ( and same thing against France too) and Cesare ffs Maldini contribued to increase problems because he wanted to insist on Del Piero (who played an awful match) with Baggio on bench.
Norway was very close to tie with Tore Andre Flo and Pagliuca who avoided that goal with a similar save to that made by Banks against Pelè

the Baggio's chance in extra time was unforgettable, for 2 reasons : it would have been golden goal and so match finished . a true sliding door. / it was the only real chance for Italy in all the match !! : D

Opinions...

Anyway although France 98 is my favourite World Cup, it's better to finish to talk about it now ,I don't want to degenerate about WC in a " not worthy of a thread " thread Very Happy Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Fair enough, Comrade.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 BnOVNaMIgAA4D_K

nikka pls Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Bale. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa has revealed how the club’s training ground was plastered with pictures of Barcelona defender Gerrard Pique as a way of motivation during the days of the intense rivalry when Jose Mourinho was boss.

Los Blancos and El Azulgrana had some tempestuous matches in the period when Mourinho was in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu, with accusations of cheating, unfair officials and play acting commonplace.

In his first Clasico match as manager of Real in 2010, Mourinho’s side were humiliated 5-0 at the Nou Camp. At the end of the game, Pique celebrated by waving five fingers to the crowd.

Los Blancos would get their revenge later in the 2010/11 campaign though, and secured the Copa de Rey through a Cristiano Ronaldo header. In the build up to that match, Valdebebas was plastered with images of Pique – something that motivated the players to get their revenge.

Speaking to Jot Down, Arbeloa said: “Someone plastered their comments about how much better they were and their style and photos of Piqué’s hand gesture all over Valdebebas. Don’t ask me who it was because I have no idea.”

The defender also went into detail about what it was like working with Mourinho, and revealed the now Chelsea boss doesn’t care for anyone’s reputation in the dressing room.

“We found out all about Mou one day in pre-season. I was among the Spanish players who had just won the World Cup and joined up with the squad in Los Angeles. We were 2-0 down at the break against LA Galaxy and he just let rip! We quickly found out what he was made of,” he stated.

And he continued: “You couldn’t imagine [former boss Manuel] Pellegrini shouting at Cristiano like that. ‘You don’t want to run? No problem: I’ll put you on the bench. You neither? No problem: you’re out’, he said, sparing no one.”

http://www.realmadridnews.com/alvaro-arbeloa-relives-barcelona-rivalry-mourinho-era-8639

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Anzhi relegated to the second tier of Russian football.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Lille: Went on a longer run of clean sheets (11) than any other team in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Both Suarez and Ronaldo will win the Golden Shoe if they finish on the same amount of goals, according to Eurotopfoot.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 am

"Twitter" can be translated in Brazilian, but not "Facebook"? hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Yoann Gourcuff has sprained his ankle this Monday whilst walking his dog

Legit lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 pm

That's why people shouldn't have pets. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 am

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 15, 2014 10:44 am

BBC wrote:Albion Rovers have trebled the number of season tickets they normally sell, just five days after launching a 'pay what you can afford' scheme.

The Scottish League Two side have received payments from football fans across the world who want to back the initiative.

Many have asked that their tickets are donated to local children and schools.

And although fans can choose how much they spend, there has been an increase in the revenue coming into the club.

Albion Rovers believe they are the first club in the United Kingdom to offer such a scheme to fans, who can pay for their tickets online.

They trialled the initiative ahead of a home game against Montrose last January, selling more tickets and raising more money than they anticipated.

Having launched their season ticket campaign last Friday, the club have sold more than 300 already, despite only selling around 100 last year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/scotland/27416968

Now that's really cool. Maybe more clubs who have empty stadium capacity should try that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 pm

The UEFA visited the team in Ciudad Real Madrid for the 4th time in 20 days for a doping test.
Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 5:37 pm

CSKA Moscow are Russian champions after beating Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 5:38 pm

5 - CSKA Moscow have won more league titles than any other Russian club in the 21st century.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 BnsPZIZCMAIrWjH

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 am

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 Screen-Shot-2014-05-14-at-3.33.44-PM

rofl
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am

Mikel Arteta has questioned the wisdom of Arsenal's policy on contract extensions for older players, insisting that experience ought to be prized rather than penalised.

The club tend to offer only one-year deals to players over 30 and Arteta, 32, can expect nothing more when he opens negotiations on fresh terms in the summer. The midfielder, who signed from Everton in 2011, is under contract to 2015. He has made 123 appearances for Arsenal, scoring 15 goals.

"I don't value players by age," Arteta said. "Whether it is [Tomas] Rosicky or Jack Wilshere, I analyse many other things before age. Age can be an asset for the club. For me, a much bigger asset is someone who has played 125 games in three years compared to someone who has played 25, if he is 20 years old. That's my opinion.

"I understand the club point of view: 'Mikel is not a £25m player because he is not 22 any more.' But I know what else I can give. So it's to find the right balance between mentalities. We need to analyse and talk about it."

Mikel is wroooooong. Also doesn't really help his case that he was meh this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri May 16, 2014 8:05 am

Robespierre wrote:Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 Screen-Shot-2014-05-14-at-3.33.44-PM

rofl

Absolutely legendary quote there. I m responsible for what i say... not for what you understand. :bow: 
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 2:13 pm

68 - Dimitar Berbatov has scored/assisted a goal every 68 minutes in Ligue 1 this season, a better ratio than Ibrahimovic (75).

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Falcao back in training with Monaco for the first time since January.

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. II - Page 11 BnxZVHxIcAEI9P4

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 16, 2014 7:19 pm

:bow: :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin