rwo power
Freeza
the xcx
Rebaño Sagrado
Highburied
sportsczy
12 posters

Go down

Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR Empty Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 pm

Real Sociedad through by default.

Santander players hadn't been paid for over a freaking year!!!! Disgraceful by the board of the club. I can't understand how Spanish LFP allows for this kind of thing to happen. Fans completely in support of the players as they came out to greet the fans.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR Empty Re: Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR

Post by Highburied Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Disgraceful league.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR Empty Re: Racing Santander players refuse to play 2nd leg of CDR

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 pm

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2014/01/30/futbol/copa_rey/1391112428_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Lol Liga Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

They're not in La Liga hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

lol Segunda? hmm
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Hm. How will the match be calculated then - as 3:0 win for Real Sociedad or as not played at all? I'm just asking because of my Defense stats table...

Oh, and other than that: I can 100% understand the Racing players. I wonder they continued for so long!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

La Liga and Liga Adelante (Segunda) are the responsibility of the Spanish LFP.  Santander was in Segunda last year and the players weren't paid for over 6 months last season...  and now you have the first half of this season too, but this year's portion is not the responsibility of the LFP.

Even so, the government should jump in at the very least.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Surely the players are able to terminate their contracts if they aren't paid for that long a time? If it's been over a year and Santander are falling through the divisions, I don't think there's much hope that the club is able to pay them even if they wait for another year. Terminate the contracts, try to find a new club and leave Santander indebted to you, so that whenever they get cash, they have to pay up.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:08 pm

They aren't even in Segunda. They are in Segunda B, which is 3th division.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm

WTF they're a 3rd division team that refused to play a Cup QF? I feel like I would give my best to try to win this if you got so far, regardless of pay...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm

futbol wrote:They aren't even in Segunda. They are in Segunda B, which is 3th division.
They were in Segunda last year... and they haven't been paid since Dec of 2012 and before in some cases. They went have the season in Seguna without getting paid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:WTF they're a 3rd division team that refused to play a Cup QF? I feel like I would give my best to try to win this if you got so far, regardless of pay...
Why? So the club's board member get the money from the stadium attendance and still don't pay them? I'm surprised they went so far. I didn't get paid as part of a startup company once; but i had agreed to not get paid. If an employer of mine didn't pay me and lied about it for weeks, let alone months, i'd walk out the door.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney is having a hissy fit over an extra 50k a week Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Imagine Wooney playing for Santander Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:Surely the players are able to terminate their contracts if they aren't paid for that long a time? If it's been over a year and Santander are falling through the divisions, I don't think there's much hope that the club is able to pay them even if they wait for another year. Terminate the contracts, try to find a new club and leave Santander indebted to you, so that whenever they get cash, they have to pay up.

Thats what I was thinking, I'd have left ages ago.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 am

Art Morte wrote:Surely the players are able to terminate their contracts if they aren't paid for that long a time? If it's been over a year and Santander are falling through the divisions, I don't think there's much hope that the club is able to pay them even if they wait for another year. Terminate the contracts, try to find a new club and leave Santander indebted to you, so that whenever they get cash, they have to pay up.
You can. Dani Sotres recently did this and moved to Recreativo in the Segunda.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down