Il Diavolo
Forza
Kaladin
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pippo - Page 3 Empty Re: Pippo

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Think about this. if theres one person who can revive torres's career so to speak, it would be inzaghi. since torres actually has decent link up play and isn't a total donkey with the ball

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Think about this. if theres one person who can revive torres's career so to speak, it would be inzaghi. since torres actually has decent link up play and isn't a total donkey with the ball

i agree.

plus now torres can forget about all the hostility he suffered and just start fresh. i think he can do well. he is certainly not going to be in the form that he was in liverpool but if he can score decent number of goals and also helps in build up play for el shaarawy that would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 pm

so , i saw this in a Milan fanpage on fb .

Pippo - Page 3 1526121_824133740962734_6658695065295709100_n

Thoughts hmm ( Serie A only )
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 pm

At least I enjoy watching Pippo's Milan much more than Seedorf's
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 am

Dante wrote:so , i saw this in a Milan fanpage on fb .

Pippo - Page 3 1526121_824133740962734_6658695065295709100_n

Thoughts hmm ( Serie A only )

I believe their managerial records should be put into context.

Firstly, Seedorf inherited a squad midway through the season and had no control over arrivals and departures, he simply had to work with what he had. This being said, he had the advantage of taking over from a team in which the players were already integrated into the side, bar Honda and Taarabt who were very recent arrivals. Seedorf lacked control over the nature of his group, however it was a more cohesive unit he took over.

Secondly, Seedorf benefited from the services of Montolivo and Balotelli, two players of quality who elevated the team. Our captain in particular, though under used at times by Seedorf, expands our capacity as a team. Against Juventus under Seedorf we were able to play such a proactive game in comparison to our clash under Inzaghi because of the control that Montolivo provides in midfield. His absence from Pippo's tenure has been an enormous handicap. Balotelli meanwhile, despite the criticism he received, was often a match winner during Seedorf's time, something that Torres has yet to become, nor Menez on a regular basis.

Finally, Inzaghi's tenure has seen a far more united and positive dressing room. There were rumblings from beginning to end under Seedorf and his alienation of certain squad members created unwelcome tensions. With Inzaghi there is a far greater sense of unity.

In any case though, both managers have proven similar in expected ways. They've struggled to truly enforce a consistent game plan with the ball on the squad and have often made tactical or technical choices that were not consistent with their stated objectives stylistically. They've both picked very odd line-ups that have frustrated and confused the fan base. They both struggled to change the game through their substitutions, often reacting far too late or failing to make the right choice.

In short, they're both inexperienced managers who will continue to consistently make mistakes, as all managers do. Neither have spent enough time in coaching to draw too many conclusions and neither spent enough time with the squad to truly make it in their image. They must also both be understood to be working in incredibly difficult circumstances in which many fundamental issues within the squad were out of their hands. This is an extremely difficult assignment to attain consistent results with a squad of uneven quality and ideally the job would never have been handed to either of them for many years yet.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

Rereading through this thread, I'd like to note that Pippo's knowledge of our youth system has thus far contributed **** all to our current campaign. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:20 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Rereading through this thread, I'd like to note that Pippo's knowledge of our youth system has thus far contributed **** all to our current campaign. Laughing

I concur. If anything, he's increased the average age of our starting XI. There is not one youth product coming through, when now is as good a time as any to do so considering the incompetence of some of our first team members.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Speaking of youth, i wonder what will become of Niang. Possibly his final season with us?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 pm

I think it depends on how he performs in January when Honda is away at the Asian Cup. Pippo's publicly said he intends to use him then. If he barely features during this period then on a personal level, it's probably best for Niang to leave. Can't wait to see him break out for another side like Aubameyang.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Maybe he knows the youth team well enough to realise they'd offer nothing whatsoever to the first team hmm

Got to see all POVs here
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Just to be clear . I didn't post the pic to find out who's 'better'. I know better than that. One can hardly make such a conclusion from a comparison after years of established career between two coaches , let alone 12 league games. My intent was exactly that , to put things into context and see what we can learn , from statistics as well. Dos made a fine start .

Ganso wrote:At least I enjoy watching Pippo's Milan much more than Seedorf's

Hmm.. could it be you enjoy watching El Shaarawy again , and Menez , and a Honda with rest + pre-season training ? Could it be you just watch a team no longer under turmoil ? Could it be you watch a team which has hope again? Because strictly speaking , Inzaghi's Milan doesn't even have a mark as of yet . It's just whatever comes , whatever goes. Each and every game Inzaghi adapts to the weaknesses's of the opponents , something Seedorf never made as his flagship . On the contrary , Seedorf had extremely progressive ideas when it came to attacking and he idealy believed in a team's quality to be sufficient , rather than focusing solely on the opponent's weakness . Sad fact few ever believed in him as much as himself believed in Milan .

Both managers sporting ideals reflect their personality as players. Seedorf was a player who would force his game on his opponents regardless of his superiority or not , if that would have proven succesfull or not . Inzaghi would independently exploit the opponent's weak points , rather than always try his game , regardless of his quality as a player , or the quality of his opponent .

Dos briefly mentioned the known circumstances surrounding their managerial records so far. Milan is in a better state right now than what it was under Seedorf , however , Seedorf took a team in the middle of a disaster , that would happen anyway. I am quite certain most of us here and elsewhere too , knew exactly that Seedorf would never get us back into the CL at the end of the season. No one expected silverware , no one expected to progress in the CL . Atletico made it into the final , we weren't stopping them with any coach last season.

Inzaghi brought hope again and unity in the dressing room. Seedorf however had a much weaker team than that and not just that , but he took over during a period which i think Inzaghi wouldn't have proved any better mentality wise. We were deep in shit , Inzaghi would be seen exactly as Seedorf was , from start to finish. In my opinion , Milan tried to play better football under Seedor than what we do these days . I vehemently disagree with the notion that Balotelli was a positive element of Seedorf's Milan , exactly the opposite i would say . He was terrible and he's still terrible at Liverpool today . 10x times Menez and Torres instead of Balotelli , each day of the weekend. Honda played exactly where he plays today (said what changed for him earlier) , El Shaarawy missed half the season , Montolivo in general had a mediocre season last year , De Sciglio is noticibly worse this season , Rami has been benched for the likes of Bonera and Zapata , Muntari and Essien are much more important under Inzaghi than Seedorf , Kaka , Birsa , Robinho , Balotelli , Amelia , e.t.c , they don't trouble us anymore.

I honestly don't think we necessarily see better football under Inzaghi , we simple witness a team cleared of much deadwood , with hope again , enjoying some tranquility and stability , regardless of results , something we sorely missed last season . Add to that a couple of good signings such as Bonaventura and Menez and Diego Lopez , not the zombie Abbiati was last season . Nevertheless , even today this stability stands on the edge of the cliff , we're just a couple of defeats away before shitstorms come again .

I just want to note and i will especially agree with what Dos mentioned above , little have changed. Youth involvement didn't increase , that's for sure. We got worse actually in this case and we were all deceived there. Although i have defended Inzaghi on this , first of all he must earn his stay and therefore he won't risk with youth players . No one does that . Especially when his 2 best talents in Ses and Mds don't exactly sweep the floor with their opponents.. It's understandable , to an extent. However , it remains dissapointing.

I think what's trully important here , is how the management handled everything. They just sacked Seedorf not for sporting reasons , but completely for their own personal reasons , it had nothing to do about what's best for Milan . They re-installed their own yes-man coach to be content with the minimum required investments and be thankfull for that. That's all there is to it . The pic helps prove my argument , Seedorf wasn't a bad choice , it just never was the easy choice and it backfired. Because Seedorf would really change things , Inzaghi won't and i am not merely talking about results here.

Inzaghi is a puppet . He 'thanks the president' , he has 'all' he needs , 'approves' of the market we had. Our 2 best talents have much more trouble under Pippo than they ever had under Seedorf (or Allegri) , the notion of youth involvement is a joke as of now. I seriously don't see improvements under Inzaghi and Seedorf would have been pretty much the same either , who knows maybe even better.

The fact that our players were so.. 'soft' .. that they begun complaining in public after Seedorf left , was so sad to witness. As if it's their job to have an opinion against the coach. Inzaghi came and pured honey to their ears and suddenly they play football again. From the management to the last player everyone seems happy with that , a good portion of fans too. That's just weak . We may stand up in our feet again regardless , Inzaghi is after all an interesting coach and we have players to build a great team , but i am deeply concerned with where we're headed after what happened with Seedorf. Inzaghi just seems to be a puppet coach , he will never try to do what Seedorf did , try and modernise Milan. We just have Ancelotti v.2 now , just significantly worse than what Carlo was . Instead of moving on , we took steps back. Just another yes man who thanks the president , a president who's happy to gather praise when he spends less than Napoli . Yeah , be thankfull and despair. Sporting wise i believe in Inzaghi , let alone how much i love him for his years at Milan.

I think what he does with adapting the team game by game is what we need as of now. But after we go past that. I don't really know what awaits us . With Seedorf i knew the man had definite plans as to what this team should be and what it must happen. When word got out that Seedorf said half the team is shit , that was pretty damn authentic . Because it was true , if nothing else.
At least Seedorf had his ideals and beliefs as to how the team should play , how we should reconstruct and who were responsible . He attempted to change things and he got sacked. Inzaghi doesn't even have a voice as to where the team should be headed and he doesn't seem willing to speak either. I don't blame him , on the contrary , i support him fully. However , i don't think for a second he was a better choice than Seedorf . If our players weren't such pussies , Seedorf would have pretty much the same results to show as Inzaghi has. I don't say this because Seedorf was the best choice , far from that. No one of them should have been our coach so soon. I wanted Spalleti ffs. But honestly , what i see from Milan is a lot of talk , a lot of agreement between all ranks and very few actuall progress. Actual managers like Spalletti would demand things to change to even consider us with such pathetic standards , let alone be a yes-man .

Last edited by Dante on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Maybe he knows the youth team well enough to realise they'd offer nothing whatsoever to the first team hmm

Got to see all POVs here

Inzaghi has to earn his place. He won't risk his head for a youngster , let alone more youngsters. Pretty much all coaches cement their place first , then procceed to build for tomorrow , which is the only logical road to take.

Having said that , he doesn't even bother with the youngsters . Players like Albertazzi and Mastour , Van Ginkel , other lads from the primavera. All overlooked. I won't pressume to know better , though. But when he doesn't even consider them , yeah , i can't be happy either. I know why it happens , i just don't like that.

In the end , neither our primavera is anything special . Quite an overrated bunch , like pretty much everywhere. From 40 youngsters , at best a couple are worthy for a club like Milan. Yet , when even less than two don't get one chance , you start to worry a bit Proud .

I think Inzaghi will show what he can do with youngsters next season , if he's still here ... and not before. I want to be fair to Inzaghi , i understand it's no simple task , but on the other hand , perhaps some signs that he is even trying to help youngsters become a part of the first team? Maybe that would be nice , yes.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:31 pm

As for Niang , most of you know what i think of him , please don't make me write more about how and why he sucks. I'll try to put it kindly , just you don't say i am biased , or that i am 'hatin' .

He's not ready and he never proved he was . The mere fact he's back in Milan is a disgrace . This kid is all muscle and no brain , i am not sure why you may like him so much , but Niango Unchained is severly over hyped and over rated , probably from his days in France.

He will never be half the player Icardi will be , for instance. People used to say he's a young Henry , good b8 m8 . If anything , he's your next Adebayor . Henry always had a brain regardless of how good he was , one of the brightest players ever. Niang is a shity little gangstah who thinks he's playing become a legend in PES . I'd like youngsters with the attitude , brain and quality of De Sciglio and El Shaarawy thank you , not just any overhyped young player.

Having said all that , i would still choose him today over Pazzini , cause seriously , that's how bad Pazzo has regressed. Yeah , as of now , no problem. But consistently? Pray we don't have to rely on Niango , because you will be sorely reminded of his incompetence .

And Dos mate ; although i get how you say it , when Niang doesn't even have a chance to succeed here , i don't care how well he does elsewhere.. Aubameyang was never given a chance , Niang was given more than a chance. There's a difference and it's not similar , nor neglectable. Niang is simply over hyped and over rated , (was maybe..) . I still do not understand what people see in him to believe him so much.

All i see is a young fast center forward , with a shity attitude who can't score to save his life , who was given more than his moment and failed. Besides the fact there are better young talents than Niang out there , i don't think we need a younger version of Torres , he's enough i believe Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:37 pm

If Niang had scored instead of hitting the post against Barca he would've been Milan's new golden boy.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Probably , scoring a 2nd goal for Milan would have been a start i guess.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gianluca1193 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Inzaghi is a yes-man and tactically he didn't bring anything, ACM plays a lousy football.
I think that in a short time, he'll be hated by all the fans.
gianluca1193
gianluca1193
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gianluca1193 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Dante wrote:Niang is a shity little gangstah who thinks he's playing become a legend in PES .

:bow: cheers
gianluca1193
gianluca1193
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm

gianluca1193 wrote:Inzaghi is a yes-man and tactically he didn't bring anything, ACM plays a lousy football.
I think that in a short time, he'll be hated by all the fans.

I don't know about hated man , i haven't met a single Milan fan that doesn't absolutely adore him . Even as a coach , despite his choices some times , fans mostly respect him even in serious dissaproval. I agree however , he must improve the team otherwise there could be an uproar down the road. But not hate , although i do suspect you didn't mean it literaly.. just for lack of a better word.

gianluca1193 wrote:
Dante wrote:Niang is a shity little gangstah who thinks he's playing become a legend in PES .

:bow: cheers

where have you been bro Proud

Finally someone else here who isn't deceived by the fraud Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

A few thoughts i have after Suso got here sooner than expected . Taking into consideration Honda will be back in a month or so from now , i cannot help but think and more importantly , re-think a couple of things on what Pippo has been doing and what he wants from his team .

Currently and especially with Honda's return , we will have more than enough depth for the 2 wide forward positions and too little in the central forward area . Menez is our only legit option in the centre , Menez who , even if he was one of the top 5 in the world he would struggle anyway like we play , let alone his type isn't always necessary and then there's Pazzini who fails 9/10 times . If not him , even if it is Niang or Honda , it will be far from working properly , that much is certain . We're not balanced .

This is most always the set up for teams which play 4-2-3-1 . Many attacking options but few for the CF position . We're playing 4-3-3 with a false 9 and back him up with a destructive midfield and a defence which most of the time doesn't build from the back , as to draw defences out of the deep or out of shape . Not only that , but we depend mainly on counter attacks , but when FULLY attacked we are so troubled and busy defending that we cannot produce counters , elsewise they sit so deep we cannot trully harm opponents at an acceptable rate .

No balance , no right mix . Inzaghi's ideas aren't at all bad , however how these are inplemented remains an issue. A BIG issue . He's pretty much playing the most in form and hope they work his plans out . I guess that's what you get once you build a team out of opportunities , free agents and cast aways , under a noob coach , without having a true say on exactly which players he wants to work with .

At this point , we either :

1) Change the way we approach the game in the 4-3-3 with Menez up front ,

2) Make fixes in the midfield and in the way the defence opperates ,

3) get a real alternative for CF

Or

play with 4-2-3-1 because frankly it's getting ridiculous at this point.

1) We will be utilising our resources in the best way possible

2) We seem to focus on the counter , it will allow for faster , better , more dangerous counter attacks

3) We won't have to endure scrubs like Essien or Muntari so often , since De Jong-Montolivo will be playing all the time

4) The majority of players , if not almost every single one , will be playing in their position , also mainting impressive depth

Final note . Having said that , i don't necessarily advocate toward 4-2-3-1 . Whatever Inzaghi wants to do , do it but do it right , ffs.. We're a mess tacticaly or however one would like to put it. Pippo's ideas are not bad , it's how he's trying to mix up everything and we look clueless and ugly and ineffective that's the problem .

Either 4-3-3 , or 4-2-3-1 , do it properly , ffs . I don't care for the formation , he's not taking full advantage of what he has at his disposal and what the team can produce . He can't even bring the best out of El Shaarawy ffs , let alone how he has been setting up the team to play in the ways he does .

4-3-3 , as i see it , how we should play with it differs from Pippo's view , so i won't bother for the time being. Let's just say , it's weird to play 4-3-3 when he's been using it like that , wanting what he wants through it's execusion . Let's just say Inzaghi wants what you usually get from a 4-2-3-1 type of energetic team , inside a 4-3-3 , being set up in awkward ways . I will fully say my opinion about this in another post . It's just all a bastardised-mix . I cannot find a better definition right now.

4-2-3-1 , as i think it would re-distribute resources and different options in a better and more effective way than 4-3-3 , utilises our depth in a much more usefull way and allows for counter attacking to be shared between the 4 options thus ideally providing better quality of counter attacks . Also allows the team to depend solely on 2 midfielders of actual worth , Montolivo and De Jong and avoid blokes like Muntari and Essien to play more than absolutely necessary. We also automaticaly have a back up to Montolivo , Poli , who imo isn't ready for first team football , especially when the two in front of De Jong are Montolivo and Poli . They are not exactly that similar as players and have different best traits , but when used like that they most always do the same job , which doesn't really help our game ; you have Montolivo on one side distributing the ball and being available , only for the ball to eventually get at Poli's feet and needlesly do the same. When it's not that , Poli is asked to be another Muntari , which isn't his best game either. Here's the solution there too , the 4-2-3-1. You just get the job done with either Montolivo or Poli. De Jong out ? No prob , let Muntari defend and other players will be in front of him playing football , all of a sudden Muntari will do far less bs . Essien? One of the same. In front of them ?? You don't lack in types , options , traits or depth in quantity nor quality** . What do we do best , counter attacking. Well guess what , 4-2-3-1 is a fine way to counter attack. We always mass defend , guess what? Formation can always change in defence , we just need pressing and good transitions . We can achieve that with work. Only real downside is our wingers who will face major issues when pressed hard . I'd take that issue and risk for the team to work better than it does. Let alone having 1 more attacking option and everyone playing where they like , or how better the counter attacking play will get.

Menez

Ses - Honda - Cerci

Montolivo - De Jong

De Sciglio-Alex-Rami-Abate

Diego Lopez

It's not ideal either , especially i have doubts about if Menez can do it all the time.. but imo , Inzaghi at the very least must try it , especially once Honda gets back . We can't have all these players sharing two wing positions and suffer this disgrace of a midfield , let alone how the 4-3-3 has been utilised by Pippo. Either fix the 4-3-3 and make corrections or adopt the 4-2-3-1 and do it properly , we're getting out of time here.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

here are reports Milan wanted to sack Pippo Inzaghi and players told the Coach he was “unworthy” of the job.

The Rossoneri are in crisis after their 2-1 defeat to Udinese on Saturday and risk sliding into the bottom half of the table.

Later that evening, the team was thrown into a pre-match training retreat to prepare for Wednesday’s Serie A game against Genoa.

According to the Corriere della Sera, the situation has hit rock bottom with a furious row between Coach and players on the bus back from Udine.

It’s reported Inzaghi asked Vice-President Adriano Galliani to leave the bus momentarily so he could talk to the squad alone.

At this point he told the players they were “unworthy of this jersey.”

An unnamed individual is then believed to have replied: “We might be unworthy, but you are unworthy to be Coach of Milan.”

It’s also reported that President Silvio Berlusconi was so furious at the performance in Udine that he was about to sack Inzaghi.

He only changed his mind after a telephone consultation with Galliani later that evening.

Milan’s situation is in flux, as today Berlusconi is due to meet Thai investor Bee Taechaubol for takeover talks.

http://www.football-italia.net/65672/players-inzaghi-unworthy-milan

---------

I love Inzaghi and i hate seeing him being thrown under the bus with this job but its clear that he's not cut out to be our coach now. Despite this i'd like to know the individual lashed back at him, its quite unacceptable imo, i have an idea of who he might be (Cerci because reasons)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:02 pm

Whoever said that should never put on a Milan jersey again. Disgraceful.

Actually sacking Pippo right now seems pointless to be honest. Our season is over, and having Tassoti take over for the next few friendlies won't change anything.

Nevertheless, Pippo must leave at the end of the season which I think is a given at this point.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 am

Although that may be true, if I were a coach and one of my players said that to me, they would never play again.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3