RealGunner
M99
Zealous
Casciavit
ronalessi
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goal Legacy Official Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Goal Legacy Official Championship

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 am

how about if its a draw, the winner goes to the away team for the away goal advantage. Sounds really cool but l think just choosing a different game and removing the champions status seems a little messy. Because a draw away from home would be just as bad as loosing. And lf the game is the last one of the day then people could have been watching the game where the champion is being chosen but not even know it as they'd have to gain the status retroactively.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Goal Legacy Official Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Goal Legacy Official Championship

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 am

Sounds interesting.

Instead of making the winner of the game involving first goal as the inaugural champion, I have two other proposals:

1. Winner of the game that is the most interesting fixture of the weekend (sum of the league positions of the teams is the least among the fixtures)
2. The team which wins with the highest goal difference (if tied on GD, then goals scored in that game; if tied on goals scored, then league position)

My two cents.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys, all of you have made good points. Here are my thoughts:

1) In the event of draws, we'll use the same rules as boxing. Essentially the Champion has the advantage, so to lose the championship belt the Champ has to be defeated by the challenger.

2) Of course the next logical question is what if there is a draw in the very first game? I personally think in that case the winner is the team who scored the first goal (because that first goal is what made it the championship game in the first place). Anyway as time passes we'll be able to create a nice and clear rule book for the Championship, this will be a work in progress.

3) I understand your requests regarding choosing an interesting game and starting from there but I feel the belt will gain a certain level of unpredictability and excitement if we allow it to be a random process. Especially since it is very likely that the belt will find it's way into the hands of a strong team eventually considering the current rules.

4) Keep in mind that any issues with the process of choosing the first game will disappear on the next matchday because the rules will be much simpler and easier to follow after that.

I hope you all agree with me on this or at least give it a chance to start with. If it doesn't succeed we can start over and try different rules.

Anyway, anyone who wants to be in charge of the EPL belt please say so, since I will handle La Liga and M99 will handle Seria A. Of course more than one person can collaborate to this process since after all these teams will be the mighty champions of GL and will be our representatives in the football world Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Why not begin with the match where most goals were scored in said league ?

If it somehow ends in a draw , choose the next one with most goals scored . Can't be the 2 matches from the same league who had most goals scored will be draws and just for this once , ffs . Then go on from there.

And i think Bundesliga should be included .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Dante wrote:Why not begin with the match where most goals were scored in said league ?

If it somehow ends in a draw , choose the next one with most goals scored .  Can't be the 2 matches from the same league who had most goals scored will be draws and just for this once , ffs . Then go on from there.
Good idea

But problem with that is we don't know which game is the championship game until all the games are over. I like the first goal rule because as soon as the first goal is scored we will all know which game will be for the championship that matchday.

Remember the rules for choosing the first game is just a one time thing, after the first matchday this will be much easier to follow.

Dante wrote:And i think Bundesliga should be included .
Bundesliga is a good league but the problem is only like 5 people on GL actually watch it week in week out.

I think it's best if we wait and see if this idea is successful with the popular leagues first, then we can consider expansion.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Zealous wrote:

But problem with that is we don't know which game is the championship game until all the games are over. I like the first goal rule because as soon as the first goal is scored we will all know which game will be for the championship that matchday.

Bundesliga is a good league but the problem is only like 5 people on GL actually watch it week in week out.
I think it's best if we wait and see if this idea is successful with the popular leagues first, then we can consider expansion.
In all honesty , i don't think that's an issue for just this once.. Since we didn't have this before , all of them should have a good chance , not just minutes. Your idea is nice btw , it was just my opinion that the game with most goals would be a better base to choose from and begin with. This way all games will become much more interesting too ; we won't know which team is going to be and it should keep the whole thing fresh compared to just the quickest goal . You have to give it attention imo , first goal seems lacklusture and the excitement will fade off soon (even if this is just for this one). Waiting to see the outcome of all games , should be more interesting anyway and we will have a much more interesting GL champ to be challenged next week , given the game they won was a really good one.

As for the rest about Bundesliga , you're probably right .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Dante wrote:
Zealous wrote:

In all honesty , i don't think that's an issue for just this once.. Since we didn't have this before , all of them should have a good chance , not just minutes. Your idea is nice btw , it was just my opinion that the game with most goals would be a better base to choose from and begin with. This way all games will become much more interesting too ; we won't know which team is going to be and it should keep the whole thing fresh compared to just the quickest goal . You have to give it attention imo , first goal seems lacklusture and the excitement will fade off soon (even if this is just for this one). Waiting to see the outcome of all games , should be more interesting anyway and we will have a much more interesting GL champ to be challenged next week , given the game they won was a really good one.

As for the rest about Bundesliga , you're probably right .
You have a very good point there tbh.

If two more people agree with you I'm prepared to change the current set up to most goals scored.

However I still have my doubts regarding the possibility of two games having the same score, although we could use quickest goal as the tie breaker in that case.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 pm

yeah , in this case quickest goal could come in handy .

#Solution ?

in general , i like the whole thing , however it pans out. Just wanted to help a bit.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Dante wrote:yeah , in this case quickest goal could come in handy .

#Solution ?

in general , i like the whole thing , however it pans out. Just wanted to help a bit.
Thanks man, your suggestions were very helpful Smile

Anyway if more people agree with Dante's suggestion about most goals instead of first goal please say so. If it's popular we will use it. (first goal can be the tie breaker)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:49 pm

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIIIIIES AAAAAAAAAAAAND GEEENTLEMEEEEEEEN

TONIGHT WE SEE WHO WILL BE THE FIRST EPL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL LEEEEGAAAAAAACYYYYYYYYYYYY

THE WINNER OF GAME WITH THE MOST GOALS TONIGHT WILL BE THE FIRST EVER CHAMPION AND TAKE HOME THE GLORIOUS GL BEEEEEEELT.

Goal Legacy Official Championship - Page 2 91CtBc6

In the event where the highest scoring game is a draw the team who scored the first goal will be crowned EPL champion.

In the event of two games having the same score the team that scored the quickest first goal will be crowned EPL champion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

IT IS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME SO MAKE SURE YOU DON"T MISS IT. TONIGHT WE CROWN OUR FIRST CHAMPION!!!
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 pm

dat belt Proud 
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:52 pm

bounce

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Think it will go to City :coffee: West Brom are super leaky
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:59 pm

For me Crystal Pulis should already be crowned champions this week as they won the first game this matchday.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm

McAgger wrote:For me Crystal Pulis should already be crowned champions this week as they won the first game this matchday.
Laughing

He has a very very valid point right there!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Think it would be pretty cool if the winner has its emblem holding a championship belt or something lol
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:21 pm

McAgger wrote:For me Crystal Pulis should already be crowned champions this week as they won the first game this matchday.
VAGI

FFS we're starting today, no one said starting this would be easy lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:Think it would be pretty cool if the winner has its emblem holding a championship belt or something lol
I'll try to make that happen lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Zealous wrote:
VAGI

But, but, but that is discriminating against the teams who have already played this matchday round! Sad
No love for Chamakh Sad GL Deception!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

srigooner wrote:
Zealous wrote:
VAGI

But, but, but that is discriminating against the teams who have already played this matchday round! Sad
No love for Chamakh :(GL Deception!
I had no idea Palace were playing yesterday lmao.

Anyway we just want to get the ball rolling ffs, especially since a lot of games will be played at the same time tonight. It's a bit more fair actually.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:43 pm

How will you decide who is champion tonight Zeal? seeing as there's a lot of games.

Sorry haven't really kept up with everything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How will you decide who is champion tonight Zeal? seeing as there's a lot of games.

Sorry haven't really kept up with everything.
No problem, basically the winner of the game with the most goals after tonight will be GL champ.

If the highest scoring game is a draw, whoever scored first is champ. If there are two games with the same score whoever scored the fastest goal and won their respective match is the champ.

After the champion is declared the championship must be defended every matchday. If the challenger beats the champ they get the belt. If it's a draw the champ keeps the belt since we all know WOOO to be the man WOO you have to beat the man WOOOO.

Last edited by Zealous on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Think Liverpool will take this after beating Norwich 4-0 or 4-1.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

ARSENAL SCORE THE FIRST GOAL OF THE NIGHT.

If they win the game and it has the most goals they will be champs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Looking like Chelsea will take this round...
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:39 pm

BAH GAWD CHELSEA HAS WON! THE EPL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONS! WHAT A MATCH THAT WAS KING!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next