Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL

4 posters

Go down

Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL Empty Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL

Post by Glory Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm

This is it. No more excuses of tough games on the trot, of Moyes's early days, of lack of form. We will have to perform there on the pitch come Sunday against the best team in PL at the moment. Something similar if happen to that dreadful game against sheety, we are done for the season.
But even after having said all that i believe we above all others has the best chance to stop these marauding gunners.

1.Because of the psychological edge we have upon them and especially at home.
2. Because they are tired after playing 2 huge games in the space of 4 days and then again playing us after another 4 days, this can perhaps be our best chance to topple them and cut that gap.

Its bizarre to see people touting us as the underdogs for that clash. Hehe.. I still consider ourselves as the favourites even after seeing how shitty our midfield is and how high class is theirs. We have always upped our game when we played them at OT and i am sure we will do that even this time.

I predict a 2-1.
GGMU

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL Empty Re: Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Hopefully, everyone is fit for the game especially Rafael and Carrick because their back-ups aren't that great.

Januzaj should start, since he's our most in-form winger, if he flops, then it would probably be a similar performance we would get from our other wingers anyway.

This is definitely going to be a harder game than in previous fixtures. I hope we win, not underestimating Arsenal, but we should always look to win, especially at home.

Arsenal are in high spirits after their recent form. If we want to win we have to match their desire and intensity. It's actually quite a good time to play them, because physically and mentally they must be quite drained.

GGMU!
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL Empty Re: Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL

Post by RED Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:49 pm

I agree with us being the underdogs. It stems from us being underwhelming this season whilst Arsenal have been in top form, playing well and have just achieved a win at Dortmund- something that even a great Bayern team couldn't do.

They are in much better form than us coming into this game.

My thoughts on this match:

1) I fear that without Carrick, they are gonna tear our MF to shreds. Very imprtant he recovers in time for this clash.

2) I hope that Moyes doesn't pick Smalling as rb. I wish he would have faith in Fabio. With Rafa out, we need a proper RB with some ball playing skills who can run at players, pass and somewhat deliver a decent cross. Things that Smalling can't offer us as an attacking outlet.

3) Hopefully Young is nowhere near the squad, and hopefully adnan starts the match.

4) Moyes has to be positive in his approach to the game. don't do a CFC at home type of approach where we were all defensive and not trying to lose, rather than trying to win.

----------------

Arsenal will be tired after the efforts they put in v LFC and BvB. They have a thin squad, we've had an extra day's rest. Hopefully that works in our favour. This match can go either way. It's an absolute must we don't lose this. If we do, our title hope are dead and buried....11 point deficit will be too much for us to over turn imho.

Good luck, United.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Totally agree, RED. How Fabio has fallen so out of favour, from playing in the CL final to not even playing in the league cup against Norwich. Which is a shame, since he can put in a better shift at RB than Smalling.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Totally agree, RED. How Fabio has fallen so out of favour, from playing in the CL final to not even playing in the league cup against Norwich. Which is a shame, since he can put in a better shift at RB than Smalling.
What makes it even more frustrating is that one of the worse players in our team (Buttner) gets started ahead of him too. I don't understand any reason as to why that is since Fabio is a much better player. Could be his attitude off pitch with regards to training, perhaps? I can't think of anything else.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:32 pm

RED wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:Totally agree, RED. How Fabio has fallen so out of favour, from playing in the CL final to not even playing in the league cup against Norwich. Which is a shame, since he can put in a better shift at RB than Smalling.
What makes it even more frustrating is that one of the worse players in our team (Buttner) gets started ahead of him too. I don't understand any reason as to why that is since Fabio is a much better player. Could be his attitude off pitch with regards to training, perhaps? I can't think of anything else.
Yeah, definitely should be higher in the pecking order than Buttner. I think Fabio will leave this season, when he probably would have rather stayed in the same team as his brother.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
RED wrote:
Yeah, definitely should be higher in the pecking order than Buttner. I think Fabio will leave this season, when he probably would have rather stayed in the same team as his brother.
If I was him, I would leave in January. He is wasting his talent at United.

Hard to believe he started in the CL final in 2011. Never would have thought his progress at the club would stoop to the level it's at right now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:38 am

His frustration was evident in the manner he celebrated his goal in that cup game against Norwich.
Its so sad and strange to see Moyes not recognizing his talent. The guy could have easily become one of the best backs if he was nurtured properly which is now not going to happen with Moyes in charge.
Last thing i want to see now is he going to some other PL club and excelling there and in the process coming back to haunt us. If he is sold, He should be to Spain or Germany or Italy to a good club.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:29 am

Moyes, just one thing I ask of you. Do not resort to a negative, a-draw-against-a-top-team-will-do, tactics. I rather us try and attack and lose, rather than play like cowards and lose. Of course if the outcome was us losing.

Tonight's game is gonna have huge implication on Moyes. From the way he approaches the game, to where he has lead Utd to this point.

A win would lift the club as a whole and instill confidence in everyone. It would put us right back in the title race and in good position heading into the international break.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 pm

RED wrote:Moyes, just one thing I ask of you. Do not resort to a negative, a-draw-against-a-top-team-will-do, tactics. I rather us try and attack and lose, rather than play like cowards and lose. Of course if the outcome was us losing.

Tonight's game is gonna have huge implication on Moyes. From the way he approaches the game, to where he has lead Utd to this point.

A win would lift the club as a whole and instill confidence in everyone. It would put us right back in the title race and in good position heading into the international break.
We have to play them the way we usually do, draw them out, intercept the ball and break. We shoulkd beat them if we stick to that SAF tried and tested method.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL Tumblr_mw254jPjSE1rjev45o1_500

He celebrated. I don't think he's still an Arsenal man, Arsene Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Huge Winnnnnnnnnnnnnn............. cheers
We clearly didnt look like loosing today..Outplayed them. Easily could have scored a couple more. And that surely was a penalty from that foul on rooney Mad 
They were clearly exhausted thanks to all the wearing down the mighty German club implicated on them midweek Very Happy
Rooney, RVP, Jones most impressive with Valencia and Smaling (defence mode Very Happy) performed really well as well

We are back in the title race cheers
Perfect weekend with Chity, shelchee , Spurs loosing points. Very Happy We would have ended level on points with the blues if that ref didnt help Mourinho yesterday Evil or Very Mad 
Nevertheless we are ahead of our crosstown rivals and only a single point behind shelchee, and we are yet to hit our top form Proud

Gloryyyyyyyy

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Hugeeee mention to Phil Jones today. He was just *bleep* awesome. He's going to be a top, top player for us Wink
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Hugeeee mention to Phil Jones today. He was just *bleep* awesome. He's going to be a top, top player for us Wink
He was a monster for us today. Played with his heart out there. Future captain of this club, no doubt it.

Huge win for us.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Old Trafford- Sunday, the 10th of November MAN U vs ARSENAL Tumblr_mw2dy5a9hQ1r7iasjo4_400

rofl Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum