Who should start on the right for Brazil?

+9
windkick
VanDeezNuts
The Franchise
Valkyrja
McAgger
elitedam
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Gil
13 posters

Go down

Who should start on the right for Brazil? Empty Who should start on the right for Brazil?

Post by Gil Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 am

It's been their one problematic position for over a year now. Neymar, Oscar and Fred (hopefully Costa) are automatics while apart from Oscar on a few occasions no one has really impressed there.

Options:-
Hulk - Everyone knows how I feel about him.
Lucas - Has sucked for Brazil and hasn't really been impressive at PSG.
Bernard - Ruined his career moving to a nothing League. Not even a starter atm.
Ramires - Made his name playing that position under Dunga and Jorge Jesus at Benfica BUT his best position is clearly B2B. Doesn't have the technique/skill to threaten tight defenses.
Willian - Very overrated player and doesn't seem to be on Scolari's radar atm.
Coutinho - Not that versatile.

I'd personally just play Diego Costa there tbh.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who should start on the right for Brazil? Empty Re: Who should start on the right for Brazil?

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:18 am

felipao tried Ramires and it didnt work.Bernard has been amazing for us but Scolari only considers him the 12th man alongside Hernanes.

Hulk will start, he is one Scorlai's boys and has been doing decent for us, i mean, he originated those 3 goals vs Spain...From a tactical point of view, he is too important for our team because he plays as a true winger.Our WC team will 90% of chance be

-------------Fred/Diego Costa--------
Neymar-----------Oscar-------Hulk----
------------Paulinho----Gustavo------
Marcelo-----Luiz------TS------Alves

As I said before i fully expect us to win it.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Who should start on the right for Brazil? Empty Re: Who should start on the right for Brazil?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:25 am

I don't like Hulk much but against the big teams he will be vital.

His work rate and pressing is great and Spain couldn't deal with it as Ganso said.

I don't expect much to change from Brazil's confed cup winning team .... Costa might force his way in considering his form but its still a big might considering how good Fred has been for Brazil.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:37 am

It'll be Hulk because Felipao has a thing for him and even if he didn't it's not like we have that many viable alternatives. The only one I can think of is Bernard who has impressed in the few games he has played for us but he's playing in Ukraine and doesn't even seem to be starting.

Also, from what I've read Hulk is finally adapting to Russian football and is playing a lot better than last year so he might not be that bad of a choice. If someone who actually watches Zenit play can give me some info it would be appreciated.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:41 am

Little Cou should be called up ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

Alves
Alves-TS-Luiz-Marcelo
Gustavo-Paulinho
Lucas-Oscar-Neymar
Costa

This is the best team IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

This will be the last "experimental" call up, if a player is not there, he wont be going to the WC.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:48 am

Hulk clearly, he is the best overall choice. A shame he went to Russia, it cant be helping him, but those options you yourself named are massively flawed in their situations of even the position.

Lucas to me seems like a perfect player to bring from the bench, he can change a game with his speed and directness and can go on the inside or outside comfortably.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:59 am

id like to see more of lucas moura, he has looked quite good when i have seen him with psg.

but like franchise said he may be best played coming off the bench with hulk being the starter.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 am

Not a fan of Hulk tbh.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:01 am

Ganso wrote:felipao tried Ramires and it didnt work.Bernard has been amazing for us but Scolari only considers him the 12th man alongside Hernanes.

Hulk will start, he is one Scorlai's boys and has been doing decent for us, i mean, he originated those 3 goals vs Spain...From a tactical point of view, he is too important for our team because he plays as a true winger.Our WC team will 90% of chance be

-------------Fred/Diego Costa--------
Neymar-----------Oscar-------Hulk----
------------Paulinho----Gustavo------
Marcelo-----Luiz------TS------Alves

As I said before i fully expect us to win it.
Sums it up quite well. Barring injuries that will be 100% the starting line up.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:38 am

Hulk.

It's not about playing the best player, it's about playing the best player for that position.

Gil, I disagree that the position has been "problematic" for Brazil. The fact that they have so many other options that could be potentially better does not make the position a problem.

Also, to appropriately use an old cliché, Diego Costa on the right is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not a good idea at all.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 pm

I feel that Brazil need to start using a more Cruijffian tactical system if they are to win the world cup. I have never been a fan of Brazil due to their disregard for tactical discipline, but I feel this Brazil could change my views. Start Neymar in the middle as a Cruijffain false 9 as performed by Messi, not the anti football version of performed by Totti. Start Lucas on the left as an inside forward, hulk on the right as another inside forward, Lucas Leiva as the defensive #4, a player capable of taking up his defensive positioning as well as bringing the ball from deep, Hernanes as the controller and Oscar as the floater right next to him.

With my tactical alterations Brazil will win the next 2 world cups with ease. Maybe I should become a manager Very Happy
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 pm

That's why Brazil has 5 WC's and Holland 0
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Forza wrote:Hulk.

It's not about playing the best player, it's about playing the best player for that position.

Gil, I disagree that the position has been "problematic" for Brazil. The fact that they have so many other options that could be potentially better does not make the position a problem.

Also, to appropriately use an old cliché, Diego Costa on the right is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not a good idea at all.
I agree. When I watch them play, its not a problem at all. The right side functions more than admirably.

Its only a problem to those who dont like Hulk individually and think he shouldnt play.

Though actually, if people were objective, you dont have to like Hulk but if you cant see he brings something to the team I dont know what they are seeing.

He got 2 assists in the confeds final and completely nullified the threat of Alba by working his ass off defensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Hulk. How is this even up for debate?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down