Mr Nick09
140 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

The unpopular opinion thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The unpopular opinion thread

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
juventus101 wrote:
Busquets is extremely overrated. A top 5 DM yes but hes not the best like some say. Vidal and De Rossi for example are far better.
These players are all very different, in fact i wouldnt classify Busquets as a defensive midfielder, id call him a center midfielder.

Just something to keep in mind.
Obviously , that's right. Busquets doesn't play there because of his defensive presence or to do the 'dirty work' like real defensive midfielders do . He's playing there because he is exceptional with the ball and all that goes with it , he excells at . That's a place where you really cannot afford to make mistakes , any mistake really and you also have to be supportive , tactically immense and also play naturaly as a central midfielder when the need arises. Play in a few words , not destroy the play. Busquets does all that in games like he is in training ffs. And as far his position goes , he has made significant progress imo. When Guardiola bought Mascherano , he didn't intend him to play CB , but to have an alternative seeing the special role Busquets has could leave them vulnerable on the counter or against opponents who aren't pushovers. Busquets became so good -even though iirc they had issues with the CBs then but still- that he couldn't drop him for anything.

If it wasn't for Guardiola who wanted a replica of himself there , i doubt he would be playing as the last midfielder. Guardiola hit a gem with Busquets really , not to mention he even ousted Yaya for him as well . He didn't lose the best defensive midfielder at the time for any other reason other than the fact Busquets wasn't a successor to Yaya , rather an improvement in substance , style and adding more "points" in controlling the game even more.

Even though much is said about his diving , obviously , his overall quality is ridiculous tbh . There's nobody better at what he does , atm at least. And since Barcelona always attack , it matters so much that he isn't the definition of the last midfielder.  And needless to say , i rate Busquets very much and i though people do as well by now.

He does play the defensive midfielder part also , but that is something that's not a priority for him. The fact that he sits deeper for others to play and helps things out along the way , is as good enough as defending when done properly and he seems to do it for fun all the time. Anyway , the fact he sees the last midfielder like this is something i always liked about Guardiola , both from the few i remember of him as a player but more as a coach . A defensive midfielder who plays as the last midfielder but can't play good football , is a burden.

Gattuso was one of (if not) the best i've ever seen and Ancelotti never dared to play him as the last man and play Pirlo in his place , not because Pirlo couldn't handle the role equally well , but for the sole reason Gattuso was a very limited player with the ball and having players who can play football in that area , wherever their differences and roles might differ , is of paramount importance in modern day football . All great teams must have that player who can play football equally well from the deep and support as a CM when they have to , even genuine DMFs like De Rossi and De Jong have evolved and can play the ball and do stuff up front very well.

But they are different players in substance and a Busquets is different to a De Rossi and Vidal , albeit it's obvious you understand this very well , just saying it for the discussion. Vidal btw , if it wasn't for Pirlo he should be playing in his place . I don't know if that's what will happen when Pirlo leaves (dat evil place that is called Juventus) , because he is really good where he is playing . But seems logical to say the least. I think that was what he did in Leverkusen as well , no ?

All in all , fk this post , i thought people rated Busquets by now . Is it really an unpopular opinion to say that Busquets is one of the best in the world at what he does ? If not the best currently at least.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 pm

juventus101 wrote:Chiellini is better than Thiago Silva, and is the best CB in the world. (despite what happenned against Madrid).

Marchisio is world class
Please say why you think this, I'm dying for the analysis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:23 pm

M99 wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Chiellini is better than Thiago Silva, and is the best CB in the world. (despite what happenned against Madrid).

Marchisio is world class
Please say why you think this, I'm dying for the analysis.
This thread would never be complete without this particular post actually Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:Oh and i don't think last seasons Bayern was better than prime Barcelona.
Most people would agree with you there
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Marchisio is world class, and still better than Pogba.

Podolski is a top player that could play for most teams in the world. Also think he would work better on the right, and definitely better as the 10 in a 4231.

Ribery is better than Ronaldo, who I believe is extremely overrated.

Schweinsteiger is the best DLP in the world.

Busquets is extremely overrated. A top 5 DM yes but hes not the best like some say. Vidal and De Rossi for example are far better.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this forum. I don't even know where to start...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm

hmm Benzema is still a world class player , he just needs to get out of Madrid ASAP
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:36 pm

If Liverpool continue playing 3 at the back. Skrtel must be dropped and then sold off. Agger must be tried as a libero.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Dante wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:
juventus101 wrote:
These players are all very different, in fact i wouldnt classify Busquets as a defensive midfielder, id call him a center midfielder.

Just something to keep in mind.
Obviously , that's right. Busquets doesn't play there because of his defensive presence or to do the 'dirty work' like real defensive midfielders do . He's playing there because he is exceptional with the ball and all that goes with it , he excells at . That's a place where you really cannot afford to make mistakes , any mistake really and you also have to be supportive , tactically immense and also play naturaly as a central midfielder when the need arises. Play in a few words , not destroy the play. Busquets does all that in games like he is in training ffs. And as far his position goes , he has made significant progress imo. When Guardiola bought Mascherano , he didn't intend him to play CB , but to have an alternative seeing the special role Busquets has could leave them vulnerable on the counter or against opponents who aren't pushovers. Busquets became so good -even though iirc they had issues with the CBs then but still- that he couldn't drop him for anything.

If it wasn't for Guardiola who wanted a replica of himself there , i doubt he would be playing as the last midfielder. Guardiola hit a gem with Busquets really , not to mention he even ousted Yaya for him as well . He didn't lose the best defensive midfielder at the time for any other reason other than the fact Busquets wasn't a successor to Yaya , rather an improvement in substance , style and adding more "points" in controlling the game even more.

Even though much is said about his diving , obviously , his overall quality is ridiculous tbh . There's nobody better at what he does , atm at least. And since Barcelona always attack , it matters so much that he isn't the definition of the last midfielder.  And needless to say , i rate Busquets very much and i though people do as well by now.

He does play the defensive midfielder part also , but that is something that's not a priority for him. The fact that he sits deeper for others to play and helps things out along the way , is as good enough as defending when done properly and he seems to do it for fun all the time. Anyway , the fact he sees the last midfielder like this is something i always liked about Guardiola , both from the few i remember of him as a player but more as a coach . A defensive midfielder who plays as the last midfielder but can't play good football , is a burden.

Gattuso was one of (if not) the best i've ever seen and Ancelotti never dared to play him as the last man and play Pirlo in his place , not because Pirlo couldn't handle the role equally well , but for the sole reason Gattuso was a very limited player with the ball and having players who can play football in that area , wherever their differences and roles might differ , is of paramount importance in modern day football . All great teams must have that player who can play football equally well from the deep and support as a CM when they have to , even genuine DMFs like De Rossi and De Jong have evolved and can play the ball and do stuff up front very well.

But they are different players in substance and a Busquets is different to a De Rossi and Vidal , albeit it's obvious you understand this very well , just saying it for the discussion. Vidal btw , if it wasn't for Pirlo he should be playing in his place . I don't know if that's what will happen when Pirlo leaves (dat evil place that is called Juventus) , because he is really good where he is playing . But seems logical to say the least. I think that was what he did in Leverkusen as well , no ?

All in all , fk this post , i thought people rated Busquets by now . Is it really an unpopular opinion to say that Busquets is one of the best in the world at what he does ? If not the best currently at least.
I endorse this post 100%, very well written.

Most people would agree with you there
It just seems like most punters i see these days are calling them the best team ever, i tend to disagree.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 pm

jibers wrote:

Marchisio is world class, and still better than Pogba.

Podolski is a top player that could play for most teams in the world. Also think he would work better on the right, and definitely better as the 10 in a 4231.

Ribery is better than Ronaldo, who I believe is extremely overrated.

Schweinsteiger is the best DLP in the world.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this forum. I don't even know where to start...
rofl

McAgger wrote:If Liverpool continue playing 3 at the back. Skrtel must be dropped and then sold off. Agger must be tried as a libero.
I agree.. dropping AND selling our best (or second best) defender for our fourth best defender so far this season sounds extremely logical.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:00 pm

I always enjoy this thread when it comes around, just aslong as it doesnt get out of hand with the debating as this one hasnt.

It really exposes those who you think are really crazy or at least are watching something else, but not football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
McAgger wrote:If Liverpool continue playing 3 at the back. Skrtel must be dropped and then sold off. Agger must be tried as a libero.
I agree.. dropping AND selling our best (or second best) defender for our fourth best defender so far this season sounds extremely logical.
Best defender Laughing

Ruin the whole system for your team so you can look good individually is a really good way to get credit in this business. I'm not buying it.

And with Skrtel it's not even on purpose, he just lacks the ability to play the way our game requires the center CB to play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 pm

I wouldn't speak too soon Dani Laughing

Anyway from 2011 lol...

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:LOL @ the haters negging me already ok then.......

Ozil is better than Sneijder
Me :bow:

Some of the posts when this thread was initially created two years ago is hilarious lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Modric is one of the best CM's in the World and is underrated.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't speak too soon Dani Laughing

Anyway from 2011 lol...

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:LOL @ the haters negging me already ok then.......

Me :bow:

Some of the posts when this thread was initially created two years ago is hilarious lmao.
Why not post the entire quote?

Modric is better than Alonso

Pepe is better than Thiago Silva

Mikel and Essien are both average

Fabregas is a big match flop, Wilshere is better

Eto'o is the best CF since R9

The unpopular opinion thread - Page 13 2575454
Mole Cena Proud

Troll lyfe
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Stahp....

That post was to get back at those neg repping arseholes Mad

I didn't mean any of it except the Ozil bit :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Modric is still a great player and is currently underrated due to Mourinho misusing him and Ancelotti only learning know how to.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I think Adriano is too good to be on the bench, i think he could find first team football if he were to transfer
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Thing is BC everyone says that about Modric in every club he's been at under every manager he's been managed by.

My stance has always been that he's too mentally deficient to be at the very top and it holds him back.... got all the talent sure but he's mentally like a virgin.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:25 am

Not really, just Mou who has a history of not really knowing what to do with that type of players (point in case: Sahin at LB). I think there have been some big games where Modric has really shown the qualities that made Madrid sign him (v United stands out to me).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:42 am

hmm comes to think about it most of my opinions can fit in this thread and even some of them might make some users to get mad at me and even there's a high chance of getting warning for that .
The unpopular opinion thread - Page 13 N526b1df1a47fe
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:hmm comes to think about it most of my opinions can fit in this thread and even some of them might make some users to get mad at me and even there's a high chance of getting warning for that .
The unpopular opinion thread - Page 13 N526b1df1a47fe
Do share plox
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not really, just Mou who has a history of not really knowing what to do with that type of players (point in case: Sahin at LB). I think there have been some big games where Modric has really shown the qualities that made Madrid sign him (v United stands out to me).
If the one game that stands out is a game against 10 men when he was brought on as a sub when the players that were on started to tire anyway then that's enough for me to believe my claim of his mental fortitude not being good enough.

Gladiatore don't worry about people getting angry at you.... if they do then they are probably not worth your time anyway.

Some may disagree and give their reasons why but angry at you? that is just childish.

So yes please share and don't care what other people may think that's what this thread is for.

Although i can't promise i will agree with you Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 am

Don't care if I agree with the points 100%

Im'a be mad. :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thing is BC everyone says that about Modric in every club he's been at under every manager he's been managed by.

My stance has always been that he's too mentally deficient to be at the very top and it holds him back.... got all the talent sure but he's mentally like a virgin.
almost like all balkan players from x-yu except Dragan Stojkovic- Piksi and that generation
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:08 am

I think it's all valid about Modric. The most important part to me though is that he's more in control of what he does than basically any other player, so it's difficult to say someone don't use him properly. He's supposed to use other people properly and has the freedom to do it.

So when he doesn't, even though it might be because the players around him don't do what they're supposed to or they aren't literally forced to think about the game the way he does, it's still on him. The point of his entire existence is to get the best out of everyone else.

The mentally deficient stuff, I don't know, I saw United do some things to Tottenham year while he was dominating games 70 minutes on end, but United is still United - so generally you suppose it could happen to anyone.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 am

Its not just his mental strength either i feel he lacks the confidence to believe in himself in key moments.

Has all the ability you could ask for as a midfielder but doesn't really believe and trust in himself that he can take on the best and come out on top.

I think that is the difference between him and the truly top midfielders, he doesn't have the confidence and mentality of a champion that says i'm better than you and have the ability to back it up.

He does have the ability but rarely uses it because he doesn't believe in himself like the top guys do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next