Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Benzema Sad

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Goatzema - the one true Igwe - Page 14 Empty Re: Goatzema - the one true Igwe

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Tactics dictated the issues by our forwards. The problem with starting Lass for 30 mins and replacing Altintop for Callejon in the entire 2nd half... our forwards were isolated. It's ok to have no midfield support when the attack is 4 players. With 3 players and facing 5-7 defenders at all times, it's an impossible task. Khedira had an off game when he was counted on the help the attack.

CR7 and Ozil pulled off a moment of absolute brilliance... but how many times will they pull that off? not many in a season, let alone a game. All our forwards had no impact other than that play.

Too conservative by Mou. Our defense is neither good enough nor disciplined enough to manage 1 goal games comfortably.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'll say this....

Benz 2 poor games.
Madrid 2 poor games.
Madrid 2 draws.

Meanwhile Ronaldo has a string of poor games and we win every one hmm

Ronaldo in his best form of the season ,, 2 draws hmm

Interesting.

Di Maria's absence certainly hasn't helped the cause.

You really hate Ronaldo. Most of ur posts just bash on him but he has singlehandely won you so many games. Who performed today when Real needed the most? Ronaldo scored tht brilliant goal. Benz was utter useless. It was not his fault that Real cant defend a 1-0 lead.

I only like Higuain from Madrid, and he should have started. I hope he leaves next season. Atleti will welcome him with open arms and not treat him like shit.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:45 pm

so Benz comes back from a 30 day injury and scores 2 goals and dishes 1 assist in 175 mins over 3 games... and that's terrible? Come on peeps. I don't want to get into Higuain's performances for entire September and this past January or the games where he scored and was invisible otherwise. Let's not forget the Barca fails either lol.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:45 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:I'll say this....

Benz 2 poor games.
Madrid 2 poor games.
Madrid 2 draws.

Meanwhile Ronaldo has a string of poor games and we win every one hmm

Ronaldo in his best form of the season ,, 2 draws hmm

Interesting.

Di Maria's absence certainly hasn't helped the cause.

You really hate Ronaldo. Most of ur posts just bash on him but he has singlehandely won you so many games. Who performed today when Real needed the most? Ronaldo scored tht brilliant goal. Benz was utter useless. It was not his fault that Real cant defend a 1-0 lead.

I only like Higuain from Madrid, and he should have started. I hope he leaves next season. Atleti will welcome him with open arms and not treat him like shit.

Were you in chat today mate? Cuz i was praising him all game Smile

Posted some simple facts, people like to deny that his creativity is important to us....there's the facts....it obviously is.

Singlehandedly?....that's the wrong word.Not even the biggest Ronaldo fan would claim that I hope.But he has helped us win many games, I don't doubt that.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:so Benz comes back from a 30 day injury and scores 2 goals and dishes 1 assist in 175 mins over 3 games... and that's terrible? Come on peeps. I don't want to get into Higuain's performances for entire September and this past January or the games where he scored and was invisible otherwise. Let's not forget the Barca fails either lol.

I dont know if it was directed to me or not, but it is not fair for Higuain to not start today, especially after Benz's last performance was pretty bad. Last game, he missed crucial chances, even though he scored, his performance was average at best. On the other hand, Higuain has recently played really well. Therefore, there was no reason to start Benz two games in a row.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyway, haters can hate, Benzema will start a 3rd game in a row this weekend, banana
Higuain is better, you have no saying in this.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:
sportsczy wrote:so Benz comes back from a 30 day injury and scores 2 goals and dishes 1 assist in 175 mins over 3 games... and that's terrible? Come on peeps. I don't want to get into Higuain's performances for entire September and this past January or the games where he scored and was invisible otherwise. Let's not forget the Barca fails either lol.

I dont know if it was directed to me or not, but it is not fair for Higuain to not start today, especially after Benz's last performance was pretty bad. Last game, he missed crucial chances, even though he scored, his performance was average at best. On the other hand, Higuain has recently played really well. Therefore, there was no reason to start Benz two games in a row.

Your top flight striker comes back from injury. You need him ready for upcoming big games. You are going to give him some time to get his sharpness and rhythm back.

When RVP missed those sitters against Milan, were Arsenal fans calling for him to get benched? Of course not. Everyone misses. RVP, Gomez, Rooney, Ibra, etc. all miss nightly.

And again, it's not like he's not producing while getting sharp 2 goals + 1 assist in 175 mins is darn good. It's just that he's not as brilliant as he usually is. That will come as his sharpness and fitness return.

The big problem i have is not choosing between Benz and Higuain tbh. It's having Lass and kaka start over these guys lol. With Di Maria injured, Mou had the golden opportunity to keep both very happy. But that chance is now gone.

Very unfortunate.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:03 pm

People forget so easily....I couldve torn the roof down when Higz started against Barca...but i didn't.

Why?

Everyone misses chances and Higz is quality and I love him.

But Benz has a couple bad games , and he should be playing for Castilla all of a sudden.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:People forget so easily....I couldve torn the roof down when Higz started against Barca...but i didn't.

Why?

Everyone misses chances and Higz is quality and I love him.

But Benz has a couple bad games , and he should be playing for Castilla all of a sudden.

And it's not like the games were terrible... they just weren't on par for him. He hadn't trained for 30 days. it's not like he just suddenly has sharpness issues. He's coming bqck from injury.

Also, ozil and cr7 did very little other than the goal either. Their support was Khedira-Alonso as is normal... but then Lass, Altintop for most of the game instead of Di Maria or Kaka. 3 man attack against a 6-7 man defense will not work. No width and too much congestion.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Sports...Cristiano is providing some pretty nice width these days TBH.He's spacing really well, actually making use of that free role.

Di Maria is being sorely missed.

I'd actually give Marcelo a shot on the left and play Corentrao left back if necessary.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sports...Cristiano is providing some pretty nice width these days TBH.He's spacing really well, actually making use of that free role.

Di Maria is being sorely missed.

I'd actually give Marcelo a shot on the left and play Corentrao left back if necessary.

Width doesn't do much when you wind up with only one player attacking the box. When CR7 goes wide, you had the CF surrounded by the entire defense. Marcelo tried to be the second guy in the box... but that's not really his job and he's then out of position defensively.

Lass is such a massive fail. Altintop was slightly better, but not much. You figure that with an extra midfielder, Khedira would've had the chance to help the attack more. But that didn't happen.

We tried to attack with one less player this game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 pm

i think we need a rehaul actually.

Lass to RB, firstly, Arbs isn't up to Standard either.

CR to the right (dreams)
Push Marcelo up
Benz support
Higgy centre.

At least for the few game sthat we don't have Ozil.If Kaka play's I'll cry man...
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 pm

no rehaul. Di Maria will be back, which is huge. I personally would rather have Granero play than Kaka... but it will be Kaka.

At RB, Arbeloa or Lass makes no difference on the surface. But i prefer Arbeloa since i have faith Arbeloa can step up his game. I don't have such faith with Lass.

To get back on topic, imagine having RVP and Gomez on the same team and only one can play. What r u going to do? Gomez' use would be narrower because he's only effective within certain tactics. RVP, on the other hand, is more multi-faceted. That's the issue at Madrid right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

The xcx wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyway, haters can hate, Benzema will start a 3rd game in a row this weekend, banana

delusional ideas took man on mars, so i can only support your way of thinking
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Nick here to defend his boyfriend. Laughing

I kid
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The xcx wrote:

delusional ideas took man on mars, so i can only support your way of thinking
Meh, whos gives a crap whos better or not in the end, Im a madridista ffs, Im supposed to support them for who they are.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Higgy is not better than Benz. Benz is the more complete footballer. Higgy, at best, could fit some systems better but he is by no means the better footballer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Poachers are underrated in this forum.

Benz is a great player but the game is still based on goals. It's not like Higgs is technically dead, anyways. I'm guessing the only reason Higgs isn't played as much is because you have Ronaldo who's as goal hungry as you can get.

With Di Maria back Higgs should be given more chances because goals >>> creativity most days of the week. Di Maria offsets any lack of creativity, anyways.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Ah this comparsion again, it's like like comparing Van Persie to Gomez. very different kind of strikers.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 pm

God, never thought I would miss Di maria so much, I was wrong about him a bit tho, I never didm approve his diving but he added so much for offense ffs and now when we need him, his still *bleep* recovering, on the plus side its good to think Madrid dosent depend on one player alone..................
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Poachers are underrated in this forum.

Benz is a great player but the game is still based on goals. It's not like Higgs is technically dead, anyways. I'm guessing the only reason Higgs isn't played as much is because you have Ronaldo who's as goal hungry as you can get.

With Di Maria back Higgs should be given more chances because goals >>> creativity most days of the week. Di Maria offsets any lack of creativity, anyways.

Thing is though, Higuain gets a goal every 101 minutes and Benz every 108. The gap is insignificant. Benz has scored 23 compared to 21 for Higuain. When you put assists into it? Benz has actually outperformed Higuain in terms of productivity per min played.

So if production is quasi-equal (slightly favors Benz), you would always go with the better footballer.

It's also a question of style. Mou is very conservative with his midfield alignment and it forces a lot of playmaking on the forwards. Also, with Benz, CR7 can play a lot more CF.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Thing is though, Higuain gets a goal every 101 minutes and Benz every 108. The gap is insignificant. Benz has scored 23 compared to 21 for Higuain. When you put assists into it? Benz has actually outperformed Higuain in terms of productivity per min played.

So if production is quasi-equal (slightly favors Benz), you would always go with the better footballer.

It's also a question of style. Mou is very conservative with his midfield alignment and it forces a lot of playmaking on the forwards. Also, with Benz, CR7 can play a lot more CF.
Higgs has barely started any games, though. No confidence, no goals. It's like that with all strikers. Like in Benz' slump when Higgs was on fire. It's really sad Madrid have 2 such great young strikers, but only place for 1. They'd start in pretty much any top club.

Yeah, Benz giving Ronaldo more room to score is why I understand Benz starting most games. Not having Di Maria also hurts.

The key point is Ronaldo, IMO. If you had another player here, say, a creative one, Higgs would have Gómez-like goal stats.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Benz has more start than Higuain tho.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Higgs has barely started any games, though. No confidence, no goals. It's like that with all strikers. Like in Benz' slump when Higgs was on fire. It's really sad Madrid have 2 such great young strikers, but only place for 1. They'd start in pretty much any top club.

Yeah, Benz giving Ronaldo more room to score is why I understand Benz starting most games. Not having Di Maria also hurts.

The key point is Ronaldo, IMO. If you had another player here, say, a creative one, Higgs would have Gómez-like goal stats.

You understand everything sushi, Ronaldo is key.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Yeah, I understand you can't bench Ronaldo, but he's already a freak scoring that much from the wing. True poachers are central players that can recieve more varied service than someone playing on the flank.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum: