How many goals will Barca put past Milan?

+25
Dante
harhar11
Mr Nick09
Arquitecto
rwo power
Cassius
Forza
RED
M99
uzonero
Collblanc
Eivindo
Pedram
Harmonica
Lord Awesome
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
Art Morte
Gil
Khaled
Onyx
Swanhends
BarrileteCosmico
flameas
Kaladin
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How many goals will Milan concede?

How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]
How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap56%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 14 ]
How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 25

How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many goals will Barca put past Milan?

Post by inter1lachen Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 pm

After Robinho failed to tap in the second goal, Barca began to fear late goal and began to play sideways. Both teams were happy with a draw, they aren't stupid.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

How many goals will Barca put past Milan? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many goals will Barca put past Milan?

Post by Dante Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:44 pm

You re both right , there's a certain way things are being done in Barcelona and i understand it , i've seen it , i enjoy it , i applaud it .

I am not suggesting you should change anything for good. Just enable new elements into your game , when it's necessary like tonight. This is not something out of this world , but you obviously understand Barcelona better than i do. You think it's not possible , i am not going to continue on this .

All i said is , when that time comes and your A game doesn't pay off , then just take a small step back , to make that bigger step forward. This for a very short time in a game , to try and force the opponent into dismantling their defensive structure , they won't resist and i am 100% of this . Although the risk ain't the same pressing a bit deeper , it can work and very well since you are one of those sides who know how to press well. Dany , we don't play as we should against Barcelona because it's blatantly obvious Barcelona will play exactly the same game as always and we can exploit this, that's all. You don't see Milan do this against Juventus or Inter or any other team basically. Alright , we will defend as a team when we have to , but not at such depths or length or duration , nowhere near in fact , it's only against Barcelona we do this, so far at least. Not a coincedence.

But in any case. You can only try to be better , if that's even possible anymore.. there's no other way to deal with such defences really. I like what Barcelona do and the sporting reasons behind it , but sometimes it's not bad to surprise opponents you know.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Well what we are currently trying to do, and keep in mind it is a work in progress, is to incorporate periods of counter-attacking when the opportunity arises. So as to not give up our style but consider more attacking avenues. And that mild change has already been met with a lot of criticism.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 pm

inter1lachen wrote:After Robinho failed to tap in the second goal, Barca began to fear late goal and began to play sideways.  Both teams were happy with a draw, they aren't stupid.
I am trying hard to forget about that moment .. i am pretty sure myself would have scored two goals there instead of a tap in , Robinho ffs..

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well what we are currently trying to do, and keep in mind it is a work in progress, is to incorporate periods of counter-attacking when the opportunity arises. So as to not give up our style but consider more attacking avenues. And that mild change has already been met with a lot of criticism.
Don't know what to say really , i certainly don't agree with such kind of criticism , albeit i understand the reasoning behind it. Barcelona need , even something close to a fake plan B. Scratch that , not a fake plan B , a copy of the plan A very slightly altered when things doesn't work out. Even for a moment , something different. I've been with a girl tonight where i was watching the game and at some point she said " don't they do anything else , just pass it around all the time " Laughing

Anyway..The chances of an opponent to fail up front after defending for 20+m is too damn high , not sure why you are freakin out this much about your defenders , i've seen much worse. Your purpose shouldn't be to change tactics or how you see the game , just find a way to force them against you for a short while, to invite them over if you like. Again , i've seen Dortmund mindlessly playing passes in the middle for more than two consecutive minutes when they did face such a defence(can't recall the team right now though). They eventually came at them and it won't be different with the opponent at hand , imho . Whatever the case , i see a certain reluctance or difficulty to enable something different and although i am glad up to an extend , i wouldn't like it if i were a fan and mind you i am a fan of the overall "philosophy" Barcelona presents on the field .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I think, at least from my the end, the criticism is when that more direct play is used, not how.

We used it in games where it wasnt required and because of it, we gave the opponent many more chances then normal and if not for super human performance for Valdes, We would of really struggled for the result.

So the the criticism, again just from my end, is when and why, not the idea itself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 pm

When you have Iniesta & Xavi in the Midfield it's not recomendable to give the ball away on purpose.

The only problems I can see in Barca are the lack of a CF who has a good Physical presence and the lack of a prime Puyol at the back. Other than that Barca's more or less complete.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I would add other things tbh, even if not including overall tactics (will always be the crucial point with us, more than personale) but on a personale level, we still lack general height and size, a reliable leftback defensively and for me, a midfielder who offers different attributes like year 1-2 Keita, Yaya or Thiago.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:31 pm

I agree.

Yaya can do more or less everthing and Abidal's solidity Speed and Strength balanced Barca at the back.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm

In the "Kaka is finished" thread:

Grooverider wrote:just call it a day and retire ffs
Yohan Modric wrote:Kaka's obviously lost his pace, his dribbling isn't the best either and he's lethargic.
Pedram wrote:Yes definitely, he can't even get past amateur players.
Kaka :bow: proving the haters wrong Proud
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:44 am

A draw at san siro was a good result for Barcelona especially if we look at the previous results (2-0 and 0-0, while we won 4-0 and 3-1 at camp nou).

Barcelona players clearly didn't try their best in the 2nd half. Especially Messi who was trying to avoid contact, its obvious they were thinking about the clasico.
Although, AC Milan were good defensively and maybe a draw was fair!

We're still 2 pts ahead of Milan with a game at camp nou on 6 November.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:05 am

What a performance by Kaka last night. Basically he was playing left wing-back last night and he did unbelievably well .

Seriously , i can't wait for El Shaarawy to get past his injury and have them play all together . And i think it's time to go back to 4-3-3 for good.. everything seems better within the 4-3-3 tbh , the team has always seemed much more confident in it. I had my concerns mostly about El Shaarawy and Kaka , but idk now. Even though we are obviously yet to see Kaka behind El Shaarawy and Balotelli (ffs it's October 23) the 4-3-3 has always given us positives , this season as well . Let's see what happens .

For the record , i don't want to see another bad performance in Camp Nou next time and i most certain the team won't either. I am positive we will show up this time there too .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 am

I am not trying to troll but I've got to say, I am really suprised by the reaction of Milan's fans towards the performance. Are you really so happy from so "little"? I have read that the Italian press were mighty impressed by Milan's performances, one even said that "Milan's samba scared Barca"!! But then I start thinking, Milan were the home team and yet Barca were the team that created more chances to score. Yes, you had 2 great chances to score(robinho's fail control and that header), but we had Iniesta missing a one-on-one, Adriano missing a very good chance, Zapate blocking in the last second when Messi was going to shoot 4m from goal, Alexis volley and Neymar's volley missing by cm..

I am not saying that Milan were awful, but compared to the way how you played last season and restricted us to not a single chance, it was a very unimpressive performance.

So my question is, have Milan really been that bad this season?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 am

harhar11 wrote:I am not trying to troll but I've got to say, I am really suprised by the reaction of Milan's fans towards the performance. Are you really so happy from so "little"? I have read that the Italian press were mighty impressed by Milan's performances, one even said that "Milan's samba scared Barca"!! But then I start thinking, Milan were the home team and yet Barca were the team that created more chances to score. Yes, you had 2 great chances to score(robinho's fail control and that header), but we had Iniesta missing a one-on-one, Adriano missing a very good chance, Zapate blocking in the last second when Messi was going to shoot 4m from goal, Alexis volley and Neymar's volley missing by cm..

I am not saying that Milan were awful, but compared to the way how you played last season and restricted us to not a single chance, it was a very unimpressive performance.

We've struggled badly so far this season. Just go and take a look at some of our previous results. Draws and losses against relegation fodder. This is partly down to the personnel we have (i.e. poor transfer season), partly due to some tactical inflexibility from Mr. Allegri, but mostly, in my opinion, due to the injury crisis that has been plaguing our club this season.

Poli, Bonera, Silvestre, Montolivo, De Sciglio, Abbiati, Abate, Kaka, El Shaarawy, Pazzini, Balotelli and Saponara (did I miss anyone?) have already been injured and missed at least a game this season... and it's only MD 8 just past in Serie A. Then add in Balo and Mexes' relatively lengthy suspensions and you have a massive crisis.

Allegri has not had a fully fit squad to choose from this season for any game, nor has he ever lined-up a fully-fit starting XI. Even in the Barca game, Balotelli and Kaka were only just coming back from injury. Pazzini, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy have been out for virtually the whole season thus far - Pazzini hasn't even set foot on the park yet. So, yes, I think that explains why all Milan fans are fairly satisfied with a 1-1 draw against a near fully-fit Barca.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 am

harhar11 wrote:I am not trying to troll but I've got to say, I am really suprised by the reaction of Milan's fans towards the performance. Are you really so happy from so "little"? I have read that the Italian press were mighty impressed by Milan's performances, one even said that "Milan's samba scared Barca"!! But then I start thinking, Milan were the home team and yet Barca were the team that created more chances to score. Yes, you had 2 great chances to score(robinho's fail control and that header), but we had Iniesta missing a one-on-one, Adriano missing a very good chance, Zapate blocking in the last second when Messi was going to shoot 4m from goal, Alexis volley and Neymar's volley missing by cm..

that volley went off way off the mark lol , nowhere near to some centimetres off. Desperate attempt on goal and although i did admire his idea and initial execution , the volley was really bad. As for the rest i believe Forza answered you , we've been through some very tough games and seeing the team this solid with the exception of one mistake was encouraging. Many positives and fixed issues against a full fit Barcelona , don't see why we shouldn't be happy with the overall performance.

It wasn't pretty to defend all this time , but i no need to analyse this once again . We find this is the best way to deal with how you play , end. We don't do this all the time , even if we may have to defend in masses some times , when the game calls it. And besides , i am fairly certain you would see a much different game with our full team ready to go..

We would again develop this defensive plan , but we would be much , much better when we had the ball and especially up front. anyway , it's not easy to deal with such an injury crisis , that's reason n1 above all and i suppose we should be happy with whatever positives we can achieve untill we stay injury free for once. The fact that it's 23 of October and it will most certainly take till November to see the full team play , says it all i believe.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

I also thought that neymars volley was centimeters off. Very unlucky that didn't go in.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 am

Forza wrote:We've struggled badly so far this season. Just go and take a look at some of our previous results. Draws and losses against relegation fodder. This is partly down to the personnel we have (i.e. poor transfer season), partly due to some tactical inflexibility from Mr. Allegri, but mostly, in my opinion, due to the injury crisis that has been plaguing our club this season.

Poli, Bonera, Silvestre, Montolivo, De Sciglio, Abbiati, Abate, Kaka, El Shaarawy, Pazzini, Balotelli and Saponara (did I miss anyone?) have already been injured and missed at least a game this season... and it's only MD 8 just past in Serie A. Then add in Balo and Mexes' relatively lengthy suspensions and you have a massive crisis.

Allegri has not had a fully fit squad to choose from this season for any game, nor has he ever lined-up a fully-fit starting XI. Even in the Barca game, Balotelli and Kaka were only just coming back from injury. Pazzini, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy have been out for virtually the whole season thus far - Pazzini hasn't even set foot on the park yet. So, yes, I think that explains why all Milan fans are fairly satisfied with a 1-1 draw against a near fully-fit Barca.
Thats what I thought. Thanks for explaining it. We've also had some problems with injuries, Messi and Mascherano both were just coming back from an injury, Puyol and Alba etc. Although not nearly as bad as your team. That's just ridiculous.
Dante wrote:

that volley went off way off the mark lol , nowhere near to some centimetres off. Desperate attempt on goal and although i did admire his idea and initial execution , the volley was really bad. As for the rest i believe Forza answered you , we've been through some very tough games and seeing the team this solid with the exception of one mistake was encouraging. Many positives and fixed issues against a full fit Barcelona , don't see why we shouldn't be happy with the overall performance.

It wasn't pretty to defend all this time , but i no need to analyse this once again . We find this is the best way to deal with how you play , end. We don't do this all the time , even if we may have to defend in masses some times , when the game calls it. And besides , i am fairly certain you would see a much different game with our full team ready to go..

We would again develop this defensive plan , but we would be much , much better when we had the ball and especially up front. anyway , it's not easy to deal with such an injury crisis , that's reason n1 above all and i suppose we should be happy with whatever positives we can achieve untill we stay injury free for once. The fact that it's 23 of October and it will most certainly take till November to see the full team play , says it all i believe.
Neymar took 2 volley shots in the game. Maybe you are thinking of the other one, seeing as in the replay it showed that Neymar's shoot just missed the post.

But I do belive that you did not understand my post. I am not criticizing Milan's tactics, seeing as I gave them a compliment regarding their tactics last season's against us at the San Siro and, imo, in that game you were probably even more defensive than this year. All I said was that I was suprised because you reacted so positive regarding your performances, seeing as I thought that it was nothing special compared to how you played last season. Now in that game you were brilliant. For all our possession in that game, 0 was the amount of chances that we created. And that's impressive..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3