hrealmadrid
RealGunner
jibers
DeletedUser#1
Lex
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Is Benzema's Current Price Tag? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Benzema's Current Price Tag?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:32 am

something-red wrote:Same price as Higgy is about right. The guy is quite clearly talented. Just not working for him at Madrid. He needs service. Other than Isco (who is still quite raw) I don't see one playmaker in that Madrid squad. You have Alonso, but his days are numbered. He's sort of been out of form as well...
Oh he gets service, that's not the problem:

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What Is Benzema's Current Price Tag? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Benzema's Current Price Tag?

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:40 am

He's struggling with confidence issues as well. It doesn't help him that he's always going to be second fiddle to Ronaldo and be just another passenger in the side. Add to the fact that he gets booed from his OWN fans which is a disgrace. Like I said in another post, he needs to be the main man just like he was at Lyon as he is a confidence type player. He needs to move. Just like Higgy did in the past summer. He missed a few chances too. Majority of forwards out there rely on that confidence to perform. Talent only takes you so far.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 am

it went from this

not working hard enough ---> getting critisized by fans ---> had a beast game vs gala ---> fans didnt care, still booed him --> now has his confidence ruined and feels 0 appreciation anywhere, making it hard for him now

tldr our fans are shit tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 am

>Benzema is inconsistent
>fans fault
>Di Maria is inconsistent
>it's his fault

the lengths benzederp apologists go Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am

Di Maria has been overrated to the max ever since his Benfica days...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:01 am

Benzema turned full pro at the age of 19 and became a full starter at the age of 20 in 2007.  Here are his total stats per year at club level only and in significent comps only (league, CL and main cup...  no supercup or crap cup).

2007-2008  Lyon, 31 goals and 6 assists
2008-2009  Lyon, 23 goals and 3 assists
2009-2010  Madrid, 9 goals and 4 assists (only poor year as a pro)
2010-2011  Madrid, 26 goals and 7 assists
2011-2012  Madrid, 32 goals and 15 assists
2012-2013  Madrid, 20 goals and 20 assists

He's 25.  You should go compare that to people on his age category.  He blows almost all of them away DESPITE rotation.

Again on pace for 20+ goals and 20+ assists this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 am

25 million at max? rofl. his price is 40 million at least.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Albiceleste wrote:>Benzema is inconsistent
>fans fault
>Di Maria is inconsistent
>it's his fault

the lengths benzederp apologists go Laughing
Says the guy who said higuain is clutch in CL Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Se7en wrote:not working hard enough ---> getting critisized by fans ---> had a beast game vs gala ---> fans didnt care, still booed him -->
It's official; Benzema is the John Cena of the football world
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

sportsczy wrote:Benzema turned full pro at the age of 19 and became a full starter at the age of 20 in 2007.  Here are his total stats per year at club level only and in significent comps only (league, CL and main cup...  no supercup or crap cup).

2007-2008  Lyon, 31 goals and 6 assists
2008-2009  Lyon, 23 goals and 3 assists
2009-2010  Madrid, 9 goals and 4 assists (only poor year as a pro)
2010-2011  Madrid, 26 goals and 7 assists
2011-2012  Madrid, 32 goals and 15 assists
2012-2013  Madrid, 20 goals and 20 assists

He's 25.  You should go compare that to people on his age category.  He blows almost all of them away DESPITE rotation.

Again on pace for 20+ goals and 20+ assists this season.
How many games did he play in those 6 seasons?

Regardless, that's 141 goals and 55 assists in 6 seasons. And he's played the last 4 seasons second fiddle to Ronaldo and being rotated with Higgy and having a serious allegation out of football to worry about for a year or so. But yeah, average player. GL logic. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:55 am

Wouldn't sign him even if he was offered for free.

And please don't compare him to Suárez using league stats. One plays for the top two team in La Liga, the other plays for EPL's laughing stock of past few years (no offence).

And one has done so much for his country while the other one's going to be dropped soon.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 am

Suarez is better. He's definitely more complete and has carried Liverpool playing for an inferior true for 3 seasons now. That's true.

But Benzema IS world class. The moment he leaves Madrid, the moment everyone will see his talent again.

Last edited by something-red on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am

jibers wrote:The fee Madrid are willing to let him go for and the fee a club is willing to pay.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:41 pm

jibers wrote:
jibers wrote:The fee Madrid are willing to let him go for and the fee a club is willing to pay.
Why you quote yourself ? hmm
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 am

2 more years on his contract.. id say madrid dont let him go for anything less than 40-45m if hes sold in the winter transfer window.

but if he has 1 year on his contract come next summer he could go for a discount.

my guess is if he doesnt perform in the first half of the season or carlo needs a different type of striker hell be let go, if he steps it up and fulfills his potential madrid are definitely going to sign him up on a new contract, and the discussion will be moot.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am

after this season he has a year left on his deal. So either he gets renewed or he is sold (or we can always renew him now to sell him for a higher price in the summer).

at this rate, it's unlikely that he improves so much that he will clear out all the doubts about him. So expect him to get sold. I dont even understand why we wasted our time trying to commit on him this year.

good player, will be a lot better in his next club, he came to madrid way too soon.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 am

Pedram wrote:
jibers wrote:
Because it is as if people on here are mentally ill. Saying numbers that mean nothing. I mean, is it that hard to understand that the market decides his price? Seriously? :facepalm:

What we have here instead, is a bunch of couch economists making numbers out of thin air. or maybe they are privvy to some information I am not aware of...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 am

jibers wrote:
Pedram wrote:
jibers wrote:
Because it is as if people on here are mentally ill. Saying numbers that mean nothing. I mean, is it that hard to understand that the market decides his price? Seriously? :facepalm:

What we have here instead, is a bunch of couch economists making numbers out of thin air. or maybe they are privvy to some information I am not aware of...
why so pissed?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 am

bloodless wrote:
jibers wrote:
Pedram wrote:Why you quote yourself ? hmm

why so pissed?
I'm not angry at all, this thread just doesn't make any sense. How can you say what a player is worth when you don't know how much a club is willing to let him go for... it makes 0 sense.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:45 am

jibers wrote:

I think this is much less a case of everyone else being "mentally ill" and much more of you completely missing the point here jibers.

jibers wrote:
Your previous quote adds nothing to the discussion. Everyone here who has ever bought anything in their lives knows that the price that you pay is dependant on demand and supply. In this scenario, demand = how many clubs want Benzema?, supply = 1 Benzema, a unique product currently under contract at Real Madrid. Wow. What a revolutionary concept!

The idea of this thread is that we think of factors that would influence his price and propose a hypothetical answer based on our reasoning. Yes, this is obviously an exercise in speculation, but it's not intended to be anything more than that. How could it be any more than that? We are only fans. If this sounds foolish to you, I would suggest to you that all fans, including yourself, speculate on transfers and/or results of games on a daily basis.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 am

Forza wrote:
jibers wrote:

I think this is much less a case of everyone else being "mentally ill" and much more of you completely missing the point here jibers.

jibers wrote:
Your previous quote adds nothing to the discussion. Everyone here who has ever bought anything in their lives knows that the price that you pay is dependant on demand and supply. In this scenario, demand = how many clubs want Benzema?, supply = 1 Benzema, a unique product currently under contract at Real Madrid. Wow. What a revolutionary concept!

The idea of this thread is that we think of factors that would influence his price and propose a hypothetical answer based on our reasoning. Yes, this is obviously an exercise in speculation, but it's not intended to be anything more than that. How could it be any more than that? We are only fans. If this sounds foolish to you, I would suggest to you that all fans, including yourself, speculate on transfers and/or results of games on a daily basis.
There is difference between saying a player is 'worth' something based on nothing and saying your club should/will get a player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 am

It's not based on "nothing". How do you think clubs decide how much to pay for a player?

Is the player playing well?, Do they get injured frequently?, Do they have a bad attitude?, Are they unfit?, What position do they play?, What is the market like at the moment?, How much have similar players sold for?, Are there any alternative choices?, etc... the list goes on and on. This is what I mean when I said you've missed the point.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:29 am

Forza wrote:It's not based on "nothing". How do you think clubs decide how much to pay for a player?

Is the player playing well?, Do they get injured frequently?, Do they have a bad attitude?, Are they unfit?, What position do they play?, What is the market like at the moment?, How much have similar players sold for?, Are there any alternative choices?, etc... the list goes on and on. This is what I mean when I said you've missed the point.
So tell me how Madrid payed over 90 mill for bale based on your parameters? Please enlighten me..
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 am

jibers wrote:
Forza wrote:It's not based on "nothing". How do you think clubs decide how much to pay for a player?

So tell me how Madrid payed over 90 mill for bale based on your parameters? Please enlighten me..
You're still missing the point. It's about how much you (as a fan) think that a player is worth. I don't think that Bale is worth anywhere near that much, but someone else might think that he is. Obviously someone at Madrid did. This thread is not about making an accurate prediction, it's about sharing an opinion about a player's value. I don't expect Galliani to read this thread and say, "hey, Forza says we can get Benzema for 40m". It's just a football forum man.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2