Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

+22
ioilersrock448
Thimmy
zigra
LeSwagg James
Arquitecto
inter1lachen
McAgger
S
chad4401
Gil
Ion Creanga
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
rwo power
jibers
halamadrid2
Lex
punkfusion1992
Kick
Grooverider
Onyx
Beautiful Football
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm

The Argentine attacker has admitted that he grew unhappy at the Santiago Bernabeu as he was reduced to a bit-part role

Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has insisted that he does not regret his decision to leave Real Madrid this summer after revealing he was unhappy at the club.

The prolific striker, 25, netted over 100 goals in La Liga during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu side, yet often had to settle for a place on the bench during his final season, which culminated in his decision to depart in a €40 million deal.

"I had some great moments at Real Madrid, but also moments of unhappiness," the Argentina international told La Sexta.

"I suffered because I wasn't always playing. Sometimes [Karim] Benzema started and then I got the chance to prove my worth again.

"I will always be grateful to the Madrid fans, though. They showed me a lot of affection during my seven years at the club."

Higuain has netted once in two Serie A games for Napoli so far.

:I'mveryunoriginal:

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 864
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:17 pm

He's right. He deserved to be starting every week and that didn't happen. However so did Benzema.

Higuain however was poor in big games, often missing 1v1's.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Grooverider Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:20 pm

I actually like and rate Higs.

He's a good player and it just didn't work out for him at Real, hope he does well in Italy
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 571
Join date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Kick Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) 37329810
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Grooverider wrote:I actually like and rate Higs.

He's a good player and it just didn't work out for him at Real, hope he does well in Italy
I wouldn't say it didn't work out for him. He won 3 league titles and scored over 100 goals. He was a player who was much loved by a majority of the Bernabeu. I find it odd that people say it did not work out for him because he scored a lot of goals and was fan favorite
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Lex Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
he was a fan favourite and scored countless of goals however he was a clownderon signing and had no love from Perez it went from broken contract promises to countlessly adding strikers when he was perfectly capable of being our number 9 on his own

you really think higgy would have survived had he shown the form of benz?? its clear benz only stayed because perez doesn't want to admit his failures
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25158
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by jibers Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:The Argentine attacker has admitted that he grew unhappy at the Santiago Bernabeu as he was reduced to a bit-part role

Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has insisted that he does not regret his decision to leave Real Madrid this summer after revealing he was unhappy at the club.

The prolific striker, 25, netted over 100 goals in La Liga during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu side, yet often had to settle for a place on the bench during his final season, which culminated in his decision to depart in a €40 million deal.

"I had some great moments at Real Madrid, but also moments of unhappiness," the Argentina international told La Sexta.

"I suffered because I wasn't always playing. Sometimes [Karim] Benzema started and then I got the chance to prove my worth again.

"I will always be grateful to the Madrid fans, though. They showed me a lot of affection during my seven years at the club."

Higuain has netted once in two Serie A games for Napoli so far.

:I'mveryunoriginal:
Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) 37329810
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by jibers Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
he was a fan favourite and scored countless of goals however he was a clownderon signing and had no love from Perez it went from broken contract promises to countlessly adding strikers when he was perfectly capable of being our number 9 on his own

you really think higgy would have survived had he shown the form of benz?? its clear benz only stayed because perez doesn't want to admit his failures
Inb4sports
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 pm

There seems to be much suffering at the business end of Spanish club football hmm


Last edited by rwo power on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos *headdesk*)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:02 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
he was a fan favourite and scored countless of goals however he was a clownderon signing and had no love from Perez it went from broken contract promises to countlessly adding strikers when he was perfectly capable of being our number 9 on his own

you really think higgy would have survived had he shown the form of benz?? its clear benz only stayed because perez doesn't want to admit his failures
there is a little bit of that, but i think we didnt handle it well. we should have shipped him out to sign Luis Suarez but Arsenal angered Liverpool so much that they just wouldnt let him go. Winter market and summer here we come. UNless Benzema proves to be an absolute world beater, this is his last season in madrid. i think he will join up Ozil at Arsenal next summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
The same applies for Fabregas, RVP and Nasri
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

I can't believe we kept Benzema and sold Higuain. At least Pipita is a hardworker and loves the club.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:12 pm

after Ozil, now Higuain.. Wow, looks like R.Madrid is a nice destination!

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Gil Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Gil wrote:Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25158
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Gil Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Gil wrote:Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Lex Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
The same applies for Fabregas, RVP and Nasri
Swing and a miss. Try again.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Gil wrote:Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
lmao. if you say so
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25158
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Gil wrote:Give me a break. He got his chances last season and hardly took them.

How many big games did he score in? Flat track bully.
getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
wtf are you talking about?? Mario Gomez who made fun of Real Madrid 2 yrs ago, and scored vs Barca in semi-finals to last year and was a beast in Bundesliga in Bayern and Stuttgart? Gomez>>>>>>>>>>>>Higuain ...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
he was a fan favourite and scored countless of goals however he was a clownderon signing and had no love from Perez it went from broken contract promises to countlessly adding strikers when he was perfectly capable of being our number 9 on his own

you really think higgy would have survived had he shown the form of benz?? its clear benz only stayed because perez doesn't want to admit his failures
smh your such a hypocrite higuain has 6 cl goals he is a choker and terrible in 90% of big games, just cause he loads up on la liga scrubs he is the best 9 ever gtfo, other than benz first season and half of his second season, he performed way better than higuain and has been more decisive than everyone on the team except cr, i swear the benzema hate is getting retarded
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by S Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28515
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Gil Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:
Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:getting chances here and there is hardly what I'd call "fair". when higgy was our only striker he carried us on his back and even outscored Ronaldo. Nobody would have batted an eyelid had we sold Benz and kept higgy because we all know he scores nearly every game for us. Can't say the same about the other

We should really have gotten Suarez instead of Bale but whats done is done and you can't do anything about it
Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
wtf are you talking about?? Mario Gomez who made fun of Real Madrid 2 yrs ago, and scored vs Barca in semi-finals to last year and was a beast in Bundesliga in Bayern and Stuttgart? Gomez>>>>>>>>>>>>Higuain ...
Yeah Gomez is God. Same player who Bayern got rid of for Mandzukic, who no big club came in for despite being for sale and who can't get a game ahead of a 40 year old Klose and Loew would rather play Ozil or Gotze at False 9 than him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Lex wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:
Lex wrote:If it was working out for him, he'd still be at Madrid
The same applies for Fabregas, RVP and Nasri
Swing and a miss. Try again.
Sorry I'm not a big baseball fan.
On topic. What I was trying to get at is that Higuain felt his time at Madrid was up. He gave 6incredible years of football to Madridistas and in today's world that is golden. He felt that he should be a starter through and through. He left, he was not forced out and he felt that it was the end of a cycle at Madrid and he wanted new pastures. Just because a player leaves, it does not mean he is failing at the club. It could just mean he wanted a change
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Gil wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:
Gil wrote:Even in the Pellegrini era and before that he did f**k all. Yawn.

He's the Argentian version of Mario Gomez. Great finisher/poacher but useless when no service arrives. Too slow and limited to threaten the big teams.
wtf are you talking about?? Mario Gomez who made fun of Real Madrid 2 yrs ago, and scored vs Barca in semi-finals to last year and was a beast in Bundesliga in Bayern and Stuttgart? Gomez>>>>>>>>>>>>Higuain ...
Yeah Gomez is God. Same player who Bayern got rid of for Mandzukic, who no big club came in for despite being for sale and who can't get a game ahead of a 40 year old Klose and Loew would rather play Ozil or Gotze at False 9 than him.
you're pathetic.. what about Gomez who scored 12 in a single UCL campaign and was one of the best players at that Bayern finalist team?? He picked a couple of months injury befor being 2nd option to Mandzukic, and despite being 2nd option he had some great matches like the Barca one and in Bundi too..  You have no idea what you are talking about


Last edited by Ion Creanga on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too) Empty Re: Higuain: I suffered at Real Madrid (Oh, and Gomez suffered at Bayern, too)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum