urbaNRoots
furiouswindbottom
Raptorgunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Champions League Round 16 Draw - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League Round 16 Draw

Post by MJ Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:33 am

That's a brilliant post.

Lahm looks upset, Guardiola looks pretty nervous, and Neuer is just a crazy bastard.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Champions League Round 16 Draw - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League Round 16 Draw

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:03 am

Eman wrote:Every fecking year, season after season, we get the worst draw possible. We shot ourselves in the foot by not taking first place in our group, but when you consider that we were also in the group of death, drew Chelsea in the league cup earlier this season, and will be facing Spurs in the FA Cup, it's just incredibly frustrating that we never get any breaks.
To be fair, it's not as if we are taking our chances when we get favourable draws either, i.e., Birmingham, Bradford.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:48 am

Yes, last year drawing Bradford away and Blackburn home in the League and FA Cups is about as 'favorable' as it gets. Even if we got a smaller team like Spurs this time around it makes no difference, play with the hand you're dealt.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Our draws this year have been disastrous, in truth, though as some of you have mentioned, last season we did get as easy a draw as you could get in both FA & League cup.

Bayern? I'm not as scared as I was last year, now we have the experience of facing them. I'm sure we won't be as unprepared as we was in the first leg last year. Having said that, I'm sure Bayern won't be as complacent as they were last year in that second leg, should they not need to win in the second game.

I think both teams have improved from last year. Bayern have certainly become a more possession-based side, technical side than last season with Pep in charge. Though, their Schweinsteiger-Martinez pivot last season really killed us. Now one is having severe injury problems, the other has already been injured and is in and out of the team.

Having said all this, it's the hardest possible draw. We'll have to see how we are come Feb.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:42 pm

only thing which worries me about this tie is the schedule, not easy to play consecutive big games
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4