dostoevsky
BarcaKizz
beatrixasdfghjk.
fatman123
Red Alert
18 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 pm

@Beatrix: Went to a school 80% Asian. Some have more Asian influences on their accent but they still have essentially Australian accents.

Australian accents are very flat, which means they're pretty much the plainest accent around.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

@Beatrix: Went to a school 80% Asian. Some have more Asian influences on their accent but they still have essentially Australian accents.

Australian accents are very flat, which means they're pretty much the plainest accent around.
Unless you're Paul Hogan :L
This is a school where two non-Asians in a class is a cause for celebration :lol!:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Hmm, it's a bit like that, but even plainer :L
Can't I just classify myself as PLAIN?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 am

Do you guys stream online or have Foxtel?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:06 am

Foxtel ftw.

And the 'Aussie' accents still lives in the 'country' towns but it is pretty much non-existant in metropolitan life. Although we still use some of the slang terms, it's a dying accent - if it ever even really existed.

Do you guys find that even though we are a multi-cultural society like still attracts like? For example at school Asians are with Asians, Wogs-Wogs +tagging 'Australians' and so on?

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:09 am

Asians with Asians.
Curries with curries and Asians.
And in some groups, there's like one white guy thrown in.
Not enough white people to segregate properly (:

Who actually says g'day mate apart from the customs officer when you're entering Australia ==

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 am

BarcaKizz wrote:

ahh the footy show skit of that pepsi ad is world class, their anti-ads always were great
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 am

We have the third least number of threads, and third most posts for the league section cheers

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Asians with Asians.
Curries with curries and Asians.
And in some groups, there's like one white guy thrown in.
Not enough white people to segregate properly (:

Who actually says g'day mate apart from the customs officer when you're entering Australia ==

^ He be speaking the truth

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 am

fatman123 wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

ahh the footy show skit of that pepsi ad is world class, their anti-ads always were great

Footy show has gone way done hill IMO, really don't find it that interesting
GET ON PTI AUSTRALIA that shit be gold

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:53 am

On Footy Show: lol at Fatty calling Zidane, Zidaynee and Galatasaray, Galastarary. He also did poor research for that interview... he had to ask Harry what his wife's name was, so awkward.

On segregation thing: Yeah, this happened at my school quite a bit too. Personally I'm friends with a whole mixture of people, but it definitely happened at my school that Asian groups formed and white groups formed. Kind of stupid in my opinion, but everyone was friendly. I think it was more that they lived in similar areas and shared similar interests more than anything. Hopefully society blends more though.

On accent: As I was saying. The genuinely Aussie accent is still found in country towns etc but in the city it is more mild and our phrases are becoming more American etc. because of the media. However, don't kid yourselves... there's no such thing as a 'plain' accent. The plain/normal accent here is considered plain/normal because most people speak like that... which makes it the Australian accent of today. Overseas, people won't think your accent is normal, they'll think it is different. Some people still believe the Australian accent is as extreme as Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin but they're deluded. People that actually know what Australians sound like will be able to identify you as Australian, trust me.

The extreme accent you guys are talking about is a bogan or occa accent. Its the same thing as the fact that not all Americans sound like slackjawed hillbillies.

Don't deny it anyway... its a weapon for picking up foreign chicks Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am

for me asians were one of the minorities of our year, for us it was lebos vs the rest, they made up about half of our year group
but our year was really good and just about everyone got along well with everyone else
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 am

Lebs vs the rest?
Sounds good.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:52 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Lebs vs the rest?
Sounds good.

not literaly but when al the "cuz's" gathered in their part of the yard it sort of looked like that, anyway there were sub-groups too like the nerdy arabs, gym arabs, angry arabs etc
was pretty fun
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 am

Well we have like one Arab in the whole grade, this is looking good.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Interesting Kizz..Well yeah i am aware of that and i also got to know incidently from an Australian Expert on ESPNStarSports that He idolized Australian Cricket legend Allan Border..that pretty much shows his love for cricket..

And yeah i've heard of Max Vieri..A genuine question..Do you think he would have been able to replicate his brother's elite status or atleast come close to him if he moved to Italy as well or is it just that he wasnt good enough ?

Also in the current Australian Cricket team an Italian is playing for them..guess who ?Very Happy

Max did go to Italy though? What do you mean, he moved at 19 to Juve! Looking at Max Vieri's stats it appears he had a few decent seasons with good goal returns, even got a move to Napoli. However, just because he was Christian's brother doesn't mean he was also brilliant. Don't think an earlier move to Italy would have helped much. He never scored for Australia, so yeah. There's always one brother who is better.

Would have been nice if Christian could have played in the A-League or something

Thats a fail from my side..Forgive my ignorance..i thought he spent most of his career playing in the A-league
hence i came to a conclusion that he couldnt be as good as his brother..sorry for that..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Well we have like one Arab in the whole grade, this is looking good.
why?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:22 am

Why?
I don't know .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm

BarcaKizz, you couldn't possibly get this section renamed as Australia, could you?
(;

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 am

anyone here watch the afl grand final and anyone watching the rugby league tomorrow?

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:BarcaKizz, you couldn't possibly get this section renamed as Australia, could you?
(;
i second this!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:25 am

Collingwood thumped in the Grand Final.

Babun alive.

:babun: :babun: :babun:

banana
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 am

up the seagulls for tomorrow!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:32 am

What time's the game?
Because I don't really care .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:15 am

I'm two posts away from being today's top poster, so here goes (;
ONE.
In my time zone at least.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 am

TWO.
I win cheers

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:08 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Collingwood thumped in the Grand Final.

Should of been Hawks vs Cats. Well deserved.

Babun alive.

:babun: :babun: :babun:

banana

confused confused

Red is mine. So is confused.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next