Red Alert
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Art Morte
76 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am

something-red wrote:
How many players did you lose after you finish 5thed? You went from over-achieving to under-achieving lol. You'll finish top half this year, but around 8th or 9th imo. Think that's around right too.

Swansea will finish above Everton. They'll fight for Europe. They've very good signings and look very good in pre-season. Bony, Michu and Shelvey will be fun to watch. :bow:

No one of any importance, we sold the likes of Guthrie, Best and Lovenkrands etc etc.

Problem wasn't who we sold it was who was coming in and how the fabric of the team changed....

For much of the 5th season we played like this....

Krul
Simpson Williamson Coloccini Taylor
Obertan Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez
Best Ba

Thanks to signings of Anita, Cisse, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Sissoko and Gouffran coming in for the loss of Ba its a team that requires different things and has different strengths and weaknesses.

Not to mention for much of that season Santon and Ben Arfa were not used and now when fit they start.

There is been quite the massive turn over in players and a lot of them Pardew doesn't know how to get the best out of.

Maybe the likely signings of Gomis and Remy will help who knows.

As for Swansea i 100% agree i really like what they are doing and expecting them to finish 7th.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am

What do you guys think about Coutinho ? is he going to explode this season ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 am

Interested in Swansea, where do you see them finishing this season?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:What are folks' relegation candidates? Crystal Palace and Hull seem so likely to go straight back down that we might not get an exciting relegation battle like during the last few seasons... Fulham my surprise bet to get relegated.

Hull and Palace for me, too.

At the moment, I think the third team will be Cardiff.

I'd find it kinda sad if it were the three promoted clubs all going straight back down. With the new TV deal increasing the Premiership clubs' revenues yet again there's the fear that those who have established themselves in the top flight will stay there while those coming up from the Championship will just straight away get pushed back down. That would be sad. So if I got to choose, I'd actually like all three of Palace Hull and Cardiff to stay up, just to allay those fears.

That's been the case for a while. Sometimes you get the odd season where they all do really well and stay up (as Swansea, Norwich and QPR did a couple of years ago), but usually one or two of the promoted clubs go straight back down again, simply because they've taken too large a step-up too soon (Reading last year are a good example of that).

I do agree with you, though. I'd rather see Cardiff stay up and someone like Stoke go down.

What do you guys think about Coutinho ? is he going to explode this season ?

He'll probably have a good season and be one of the best young players in the league.

Interested in Swansea, where do you see them finishing this season?

They've got a good squad together and should finish somewhere between 7th and 10th. Right now, I've got them down as contenders for 7th for progress in the Europa League might decrease their chances a bit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Pedram wrote:What do you guys think about Coutinho ? is he going to explode this season ?

He's definitely the face of Liverpool's attacks for the upcoming season. What a little player he is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And also Andreas Cornelius is going to light up the league. You just watch. Bellamy + Cornelius Proud

Cardiff will NOT be relegated, you can quote me on that.

I have Hull City, Stoke, Palace as my picks to go down.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Pedram wrote:What do you guys think about Coutinho ? is he going to explode this season ?

He's a very talented player, a steal from Inter for his price tag. Will be interesting to see how he fares over a whole season though, he struggled against the better teams that pool played against in his half season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:35 pm

lszanto wrote:

He's a very talented player, a steal from Inter for his price tag. Will be interesting to see how he fares over a whole season though, he struggled against the better teams that pool played against in his half season.

FALSE. He only struggled 1 game and that was the Chelsea match. So now all of a sudden he struggles against good teams.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:56 pm

McAgger wrote:
lszanto wrote:

FALSE. He only struggled 1 game and that was the Chelsea match. So now all of a sudden he struggles against good teams.

Outside of Spuds and Chelsea he didn't play a good team and wasn't he poor against both of them? You guys had a very easy run at the end of the season so it'll be interesting to see how he fares over a whole season for me. Not saying he won't cop it but for me he's only excelled against average teams so far, he may well prove me wrong this season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 pm

McAgger is so defensive Laughing

He struggled against Everton too, last season we saw a Coutinho who raped when given time and space but struggled to create when teams got aggressive with him and limited his space.

We will see if he adapts to this and likely hood is he probably will.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:16 pm

He didn't really struggle but they did nullify majority of his influence.

It would be stupid to go into the season with Coutinho being the main focus for our team. He's still so young, we shouldn't be putting that much pressure on him. It's why I want Eriksen so bad. He's down for the move too! Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Who the hell says Coutinho struggled against Spurs. He was beasting that game. Everton he was decent too.

The only game he truly struggled was the Chelsea where he played 45 mins.

45 minutes of bad play against a top side does not a flat track bully make.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:29 pm

He did do well against Spurs. He was rather quiet against Chelsea. He's had a few bad games with Everton being another. Every youngster does have a few bad games. He's 21.

He has a lot to show this season. Won't be expecting much for him this season, but I would just like to see him progress. Depending on who we sign before the window, there's a good chance he'll be playing on the left flank. Which I feel is his best position.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Soldado.

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 2 44ef519c-0a29-4dcd-8a44-54375550d337_500

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I think its going to be quite an odd unpredictable season with a few surprises in store.

I fancy Chelsea to edge the title, simply because Jose is going back to a club he has previous experience at.  He knows the workings of the club and allot of players and staff will know how he works.

Everything will be new for Pelegrini and Moyes.  If Wenger would hurry up and spend some cash could see them doing really well.  With all the changes at other clubs it is a perfect time to capitalize and push Arsenal forward.

Lower down the table is where it gets really unpredictable.  Seems like most teams have made some quality additions on paper, but I suppose it will come down to how fast they hit the ground running and if they live upto the hype and high transfer fees.

As for my team,  things were looking allot better a few weeks ago when we started bringing players in and were linked to many more.

But things have quietened down and we still don't have a recognized Left back or right back.

I see allot of people tipping Di Canio for the sack first, but considering the way Short has backed him and the changes they have made at the club I cant see that happening any time soon. There are a fair few other managers in more unstable situations.

Will have to wait and see how things go, but one things for sure it will be allot more exciting and entertaining than previous seasons for me.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Utd
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton
Swansea
Newcastle
Southampton
West Ham
West Brom
Norwich
Sunderland
Fulham
Villa
Cardiff
Stoke
Palace
Hull
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 am

Can see Southampton and Swansea being in the top 8, honestly.

Everton will drop. Martinez is an average coach, and Everton have an average team. (It took Moyes at least 5 years to get that exact team to playing the same system consistently for them to finish top 6. Martinez will change the system. They have an ageing squad so expect a lot of rebuilding for them.)

Newcastle will improve from last year, especially if Remy is in the way in. They'll finish closer to 10th than Europe, though.

West Ham will finish around the same spot as last year, but watch Andy Carroll score 15+ goals if he stays fit.

Can't wait to see Bellamy at Anfield. Proud

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:48 am

Our position entirely depends on Pardew and how he sets the team up.

Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye Remy-Ben Arfa-Cisse is a front 6 which I don't believe is bettered by the likes of Everton, Swansea, Southampton etc

With Gomis apparently going to be done by the end of the week and a LW to follow before the deadline its a squad that is capable of a good season.

Hopefully Pardew doesn't let us down again because this time he will have no excuses.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Yeah, Newcastle should definitely do all right, Pardew needs to go if they struggle again.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am

Sign Downing. He'll make you a mid-table club I promise. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 pm

something-red wrote:Sign Downing. He'll make you a mid-table club I promise. :bow: 

Pardew has already said we are not interested.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Don't ruin the moment. Clubber 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm

something-red wrote:Stoke City, Palace and Hull for me.

Aston Villa will surprise a few. They'll finish mid-table.

er, no.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Daniel Agger apparently new Liverpool vice captain.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 pm

One week to go ffs. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 pm

My Body is not ready
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by redsnoopy Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Our position entirely depends on Pardew and how he sets the team up.

Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye Remy-Ben Arfa-Cisse is a front 6 which I don't believe is bettered by the likes of Everton, Swansea, Southampton etc

With Gomis apparently going to be done by the end of the week and a LW to follow before the deadline its a squad that is capable of a good season.

Hopefully Pardew doesn't let us down again because this time he will have no excuses.
Er...u've left out Check Tiote, great Newcastle player too

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next