AltoZ
Tomwin Lannister
Lupi
RealGunner
M99
77 posters

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by Lupi Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm

:coffee: If Roma manages to get into CL , this team can go far .

Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by Eivindo Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:30 am

We just need Fiorentina and Udinese to take EL seriously and they can both go very far.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:42 am

As an Arsenal fan. Still can't believe someone paid more than $100 fot Gervinho.

Don't be fooled by his pace. He has no brain
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:36 am

JespSwe wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If Inter get Gustavo they will finish top 3 at least.

Same goes for Milan if they get Honda and Ljajic.

What i'm saying is if these deals happen the top 3 will be Juve, Milan and Inter.

Just like the good old days Laughing 
italy desperately needs that top 4 CL spot!!!! there are great teams in serie a who deserves to be there. its been us milan, juve and other clubs cocking up in CL every year

i am too afraid that with fiorentina roma and napoli massively upgrading their squad and depth, it would be really difficult for milan and inter ...
To be honest, 3 spots are better since Milan are making more money with less teams to share the TV money with. :coffee:

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am

Serie A's market pool in total is around 80m euros i think.Thats a really significant amount and its split based on standings in the league and depending on how far you go in the CL.
Juve will have a significant advantage over other Italian teams in that case atleast for this season.So being Champions of your league holds a lot of weight.
That is why i hope Milan get dumped out of the CL cos if they do end up qualifying, that would mean some extra 20m less for Juve and that amount would mean a big difference between Juve signing a Hernanes or having to settle for a Lodi. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:10 am

Yeah, I see your point Surag, but at the same time, coefficient is still a big deal. The greater good for Juventus is for Milan to win. It is essential for all the top Italian teams that there is a strong Serie A. Whilst you Juve supporters may think yourselves head and shoulders above the rest, wait until you have a worse season and get into a nasty battle for 3rd spot. Then you will feel the pain of other Italian teams not performing well in Europe. Hoping that Milan don't get into the CL is short-term thinking.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:22 am

No its not really big deal in my opinion.At this point ,Serie A can only drop lower than Liga Sagres and Ligue 1.Yeah,Serie A will be 7th in the co-efficient ranking but it doesnt matter much cos Serie A will still have 3 CL and 3 EL spots.And the next nearest league i.e Ukrainian league is way behind in the rankings so for the next 3-4 years atleast there is least to worry.
Lets put it this way,for Serie A to regain 4th spot,Italian teams in EL should really aim to do a 'Bundesliga' and the CL teams like Milan and Juve need to make semis and finals regularly.Thats how drastic the difference is and its highly unlikely it happens considering the strength of Donkee League,LOL Liga and Bundesfodder.
And Italian teams performing in EL is a really massive IF because you have teams like Fiorentina,Lazio even Udinese trying to punch above their weight and all aiming for that juicy chunk of CL money so its a nowhere to lead situation sort of.Hence why co-efficients is to the least of my worries nowadays.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 am

Eivindo wrote:We just need Fiorentina and Udinese to take EL seriously and they can both go very far.
Well, the Viola have Mario Gomez now, and he wants to show Jogi Löw why he should go to Brazil, so you can expect him to score lots for the Viola, especially in the EL:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:30 am

rwo power wrote:
Eivindo wrote:We just need Fiorentina and Udinese to take EL seriously and they can both go very far.
Well, the Viola have Mario Gomez now, and he wants to show Jogi Löw why he should go to Brazil, so you can expect him to score lots for the Viola, especially in the EL:
Lol, so ture, it takes Germans in Serie A to encourage clubs to try in the EL. Look how far Lazio made it last season until Klose got injured!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 am

Those who follow Italian League, I have these questions:

1. 'I think' there is an agreement that Juventus is some what ahead of other teams. How would you rank Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma and Fiorentina!!!

2. Roma, Napoli and Fiorentina are very active in this transfer window, who have the best team!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Yea I agree that Juve is a step ahead of the rest. Then I would rank them:

2. Napoli
3. Milan
4. Fiorentina
5. Roma
6. Lazio
7. Inter
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:55 pm

It's too early to judge. We don't know how much losing Cavani has hurt Napoli and how well their signings will perform. Napoli, along with Fiorentina and Roma have been most active in the transfer market. Lazio have strengthened only slightly. Milan and Inter are yet to make really major signings. I think Juve is still ahead of the pack, but I suspect that they're not as far ahead as some think.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:05 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yea I agree that Juve is a step ahead of the rest. Then I would rank them:

2. Napoli
3. Milan
4. Fiorentina
5. Roma
6. Lazio
7. Inter
Pretty much this, unless something weird happens in the last couple of days. On a good day I can see us battling Napoli for the second, and perhaps Roma even fourth? Hard to predict injuries.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Forza wrote:It's too early to judge. We don't know how much losing Cavani has hurt Napoli and how well their signings will perform. Napoli, along with Fiorentina and Roma have been most active in the transfer market. Lazio have strengthened only slightly. Milan and Inter are yet to make really major signings. I think Juve is still ahead of the pack, but I suspect that they're not as far ahead as some think.
Even though Cavani's departure comes as a huge blow for Napoli, they've done extremely well in the market to make up for it. Higuain, Callejon, Mertens, and the emergence of Inisgne will do very well to cover up for Cavani's absence in my opinion.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Callejon seems like a younger Antonini tbh. Mertens I do like.

Our 4-3-1-2 :bow:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:27 am

S wrote:
Spoiler:
For everyone who hasn't read the GdS, they publish a two page spread of every team's formation every single day during the transfer window. It's a s useful summary, but accuracy is not guaranteed, it changes everyday.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Fiorentina striker Mario Gomez has revealed that he lost interest in winning titles with Bayern Munich and wanted to test himself in a new country.

The Germany international, 28, joined the Viola for an estimated €16 million this summer following a year plagued by an injury then being mostly benched as Bavarians romped to treble success under Jupp Heynckes.

Pep Guardiola's arrival did not change his situation and the forward has said that his departure from the Allianz Arena was down to a desire to learn a new language in Italy and try out football in Serie A.

"I hope everything goes well [at Fiorentina]," he told SID. "Maybe one year from now, we'll sit here and realise it was a bad decision. But I expect it to work out.

"[Fiorentina] is exactly the kind of challenge that I've been looking for.

"I thought to myself: 'I can stick with Bayern, maybe sit on the bench for three years and win three more titles, or I can develop as a person and a player.'

"Of course it was tough to leave Bayern. But I envisioned playing in Italy since I was a child.

"Some people might not understand this, because they define themselves with winning titles. But maybe, towards the end of a career, it's nice to master a new language instead of winning more titles."

Gomez could get his first taste of competitive football with Fiorentina on August 22 - the first leg of the Europa League play-off round before the group stages of the competition - before his new side's Serie A campaign kicks off on August 25 at home to Catania.

That last part in red :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Godmez :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 am

16 mil, just reminds you what a good a piece of business Fiorentina did there.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

Forza wrote:16 mil, just reminds you what a good a piece of business Fiorentina did there.
Well, if a player is surplus to requirements, then Bayern fortunately don't stand in his way by asking ridiculous fees. It is just such a pity *that* they considered him surplus, but on the other hand it gives him the chance to go out on a new and hopefully successful adventure.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 am

From Bayern's perspective, they did will in not selling to a rival BL team or another CL team.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 am

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi is concerned that Italian football is continuing to lose ground on other top Leagues in Europe.

“The culture of Italian football is about 10-20 years behind the times,” the Italian international warned. “The way we think and live it is all wrong.

“We are behind English football, Spanish and German. We’ll soon be behind the French championship too.

“For a start, look at our stadiums and our kick off times. We play in January at 9 o’clock at night in Udine…

“It wouldn’t take a lot to improve, like Serie B who play at Christmas and then have January off.

“I’m not saying this with venom or anger because if our football is behind then it is also because of me seeing as I am a part of it.

“However, had I left Roma in the past or if I leave in the future then I would run for an experience abroad.”

Those comments will fuel the transfer rumour mill which is still linking the 30-year-old with a capital exit this summer.

“I feel like an integral part of Roma and Roma are an integral part of my life,” added the youth team product.

“But if I was to go then I would not play for another Italian side out of respect to the club. I would move to a foreign outfit.”

There are suggestions that Giallorosso officials could sacrifice the player in order to get his €6m net annual salary off their wage bill.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Didn't DDR only recently sign that 6mil contract? Selling him to lower wages doesn't make sense at all so soon after agreeing to those wages.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Forza wrote:Didn't DDR only recently sign that 6mil contract? Selling him to lower wages doesn't make sense at all so soon after agreeing to those wages.
Well if i remember correctly you guys extended Silva's contract with higher wages only to sell him to PSG a few days later.

He signed the contract last year as far as i know when there was heavy interest from Man City.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:30 pm

S wrote:
Forza wrote:Didn't DDR only recently sign that 6mil contract? Selling him to lower wages doesn't make sense at all so soon after agreeing to those wages.
Well if i remember correctly you guys extended Silva's contract with higher wages only to sell him to PSG a few days later.

He signed the contract last year as far as i know when there was heavy interest from Man City.
Lol, I think the difference in time was more than a few days with Silva. Anyway, I see your point, but Roma is not under the same financial pressure that is restricting Milan's spending. Or am I mistaken?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum