Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri'

+3
RealGunner
Eman
Raptorgunner
7 posters

Go down

Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri' Empty Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri'

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Arsène Wenger has vowed to fight as hard as he can to keep Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri at Arsenal.

Both midfielders have been linked with moves away from Emirates Stadium during the summer but, speaking exclusively to Arsenal Player on Friday afternoon, the manager re-affirmed his desire to retain their services.

“Our position is always the same, we want to keep Cesc and I will fight as hard as I can to keep him,” said Wenger.

“Samir Nasri is exactly the same. We will do everything we can to keep him.”

Nasri is expected to travel with the squad this weekend as Arsenal fly out to Malaysia at the start of their tour of Asia however Fabregas has a muscular injury and is likely to be left behind.

Emmanuel Eboue (calf) is an injury doubt.

“We will take the strongest possible squad,” said Wenger. “Fabregas will not travel because he still has a small muscular problem. He will stay and practice here. There is a doubt about Eboue who has done his calf.”

Arsenal.com hope to publish the full travelling party on Saturday afternoon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is some good news, so the papers can now frak off.

www.arsenal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri' Empty Re: Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri'

Post by Eman Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:22 pm

cheers

Of course, we know the papers are going to spin this as Cesc not going on the Asia trip = signing a contract with Barcelona.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri' Empty Re: Wenger: 'I'll fight to keep Cesc and Nasri'

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:51 pm

what wenger is saying is...

its hard to keep nasri and cesc and there is a possibilty both will leave. but im trying hard

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:what wenger is saying is...

its hard to keep nasri and cesc and there is a possibilty both will leave. but im trying hard

Is not about saving money with Wenger anymore, his job is on the line for Arsenal to perform well next season and for him to let go of 2 of his best players, he will get all the blame not the players or the board.
So what Wenger is saying is that he will keep both players, I just read that Nasri got a 110k a week offer.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:what wenger is saying is...

Is not about saving money with Wenger anymore, his job is on the line for Arsenal to perform well next season and for him to let go of 2 of his best players, he will get all the blame not the players or the board.
So what Wenger is saying is that he will keep both players, I just read that Nasri got a 110k a week offer.
So he actually gave up on not spoiling him? That sounds so not Wenger. He must be really desperate to keep them.

Lesson #162
Do not leave contract negotiations until the season ends. Do them as fast as needed. The players are big boys with big wallets and can sure as hell handle the pressure from playing and negotiating at once.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

“Our position is always the same, we want to keep Cesc and I will fight as hard as I can to keep him,” said Wenger.

“Samir Nasri is exactly the same. We will do everything we can to keep him.”

OK so its official now. ALL this summer i have been trying to force myself to think all the newspaper reports about cesc moving to Barcelona are false and fabricated. I thought his statements were mistranslated. But what wenger is saying here means that fabregas really wants to leave otherwise who is he fighting with ?
The Board ? OR Cesc Himself ? I reckon Cesc and Nasri have told wenger they want to leave and wenger is trying to make sure they stay.

usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 pm

why are worried about Nasri ? We have Gervinho now...
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:19 am

don't worry usman, i can bet that he's just saying this for the fans, and in actual fact he isn't doing that much extra. It seems like it's some sort of battle when he's not needed to put that much work in to it.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down