goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 18 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 8 May 2014 - 23:44

I'd rather see a great finished product after the show is done than a rushed book just to get it in before the show finishes. GURM will take his sweet time, and I'm okay with that. He's a slow writer, and he will undoubtedly get sidetracked by other projects. 2019 seems likely to me. TWOW next summer.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 18 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Fri 9 May 2014 - 10:47

I actually made a typo. I meant 2018 but yeah, 2019 is likely too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 9 May 2014 - 11:53

Ok , perhaps i am somewhat (too?) optimistic about it , i understand Martin takes his time , ok.. But , don't you think the after-the-show scenario would be bad for him in the end ? Don't you think he ought to do something , regardless?

Having said that , i have to say i agree with your opinion BC . If it comes to that , then yes , i'd also like to wait as long as it takes and enjoy the best possible he could produce , i rest my case there . If it can't be helped.

Anyway , one last question about this. What do you think about watching the series end in the show ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:29

I personally would prefer to see the series end in the books rather than the show. The finality of it ending in text versus on screen has always been much more poignant and detailed.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun 11 May 2014 - 1:12

RealGunner wrote:Did they give us a hint when Hound said that is Arya sure Sryio died?

He said that she never saw him die but she thinks he died as he was outnumbered.

Maybe he isn't dead after all?

There have been thousands of pages on the internet of people keeping this hope alive. Kind of funny I am only now seeing it on GL.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 12 May 2014 - 13:42

You guys have to remember that GRRM was not always this slow, he managed to release the first 3 books within 4 years of each other. The reason why the 4th and 5th book took so long was because he scrapped his original time skip plan, book 6 and 7 don't have that problem, so I can easily see him releasing the last 2 books within 2-3 years of each other.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 12 May 2014 - 23:46

That Asha scene was a bit random lol. Came out of nowhere.

Also I think we all can guess why Tywin asked for the Quill and paper. He will most likely send in a raven to Mereen saying how Jorah was the inside man for so long creating the rift which we witnessed in the books.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 13 May 2014 - 0:05

Completely missed that even though I was just wondering when she will finally get rid of him during her scenes.. guess you're right.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 13 May 2014 - 0:14

They probably wanted to keep him on screen for a bit more as he completely disappears in the books till Tyrion reaches Braavos(?)

Speaking of which. That iron Bank scene was new. In the books the representative comes to the north himself doesn't he?

Also Titan of Braavos :bow: :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 13 May 2014 - 10:41

Show butchering of Stannis continues. Book Stannis would have cut of Mycroft's tongue there and then if he was mocking Stannis like that.

Davos though Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:25

http://edelweiss-assets.abovethetreeline.com/RH/supplemental/GRRM_WOIF_SellPacket_spreads-lowres.pdf

Extract from the upcoming World of Ice and Fire. I haven't read through the text yet, however it includes a family tree for the Starks which reveals Ned's mother to also be a Stark - a cousin of his father Rickard. Also the map which is included shows the Land of Always Winter to be MASSIVE. Unless it's an illusion due to the stretching of space as in the common Mercator projection. hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 13 May 2014 - 23:41

I'd love to see Giant Spiders made of Ice when the Others do attack at any point.

The Last Hero was chased by them so I hope they do exist hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 14 May 2014 - 1:05

Well

Start discussing the episodes here lads. They really don't like it in the other thread

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed 14 May 2014 - 2:10

Stannis should boss this season yet he is thrown around here and there, I'm expecting the battle at the wall first Jon Snow vs the wildllings and then Stannis to rape them
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 14 May 2014 - 5:01

The battle at the wall is pretty much the only exciting thing that will happen in S5 so I think they're saving Stannis' best for later.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 14 May 2014 - 9:09

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The battle at the wall is pretty much the only exciting thing that will happen in S5 so I think they're saving Stannis' best for later.

The battle is confirmed for episode 9.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 14 May 2014 - 11:14

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The battle at the wall is pretty much the only exciting thing that will happen in S5 so I think they're saving Stannis' best for later.
As said it will happen this season and imo there's enough exciting stuff for season 5 like Jon getting stabbed, Pycelle+Kevan, walk of shame, Aegon starting his invasion and more.. (yeah I think it'll all be in season 5) probably they even forward some of the stuff from WoW aswell.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 14 May 2014 - 14:42

Think Varys will only kill Pycelle in the show. Kevan only had a cameo in season 1. Of course they could easily reintroduce/recast him next season. Have him come at King's Landing as Tywin's replacement.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 14 May 2014 - 15:16

I'm quite sure we'll get Kevan cause otherwise Cercei would be the last Lannister left in KL apart from the boyking. Imo it is important that there is still a Lannister with some power while Cercei is imprisoned.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 14 May 2014 - 16:33

Not sure about all of that being happening in season 5. It's too soon. Maybe the season finale of season 5 might have Jon being stabbed.

Season 5 for me should have all the Greyjoy scenes. They have to give enough time to build Victarion and Euron.

Tyrion's voyage

Arya's house of black n white scenes.

Daenery's marriage and the war with yunkai

Jon saving the wildlings etc

Think season 5 will be less action and more dialogues.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 14 May 2014 - 19:52

That matches up since a Feast of Crows and a Dance with Dragons since those were big on dialogue, intrigue and less on the action of the first 3 books.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 14 May 2014 - 20:41

They might have the Battle Of Winterfell or Battle Of Meeren as the big spectacle. They were cut from Dance With Dragons and put on Winds Of Winter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 14 May 2014 - 22:40

RealGunner wrote:Not sure about all of that being happening in season 5. It's too soon. Maybe the season finale of season 5 might have Jon being stabbed.
It IS soon but the problem is they only want to do 7 seasons and thus they basically have to cover everything from feast and dance in season 5.
Winds of Winter will be absolutely massive. We have the battle of Winterfell, Victarion against a Meerene that is a mess, trying to steal the dragons, Dany against her old khalasar, Cercei/Marg having her trial while Kingslanding itself seems a mess with the septon and Tyrell having their armies in the city and Kevan dead and on top of that we have Aegon who will go all in. And of course we also have stuff like Jaime riding in a trap or Jon being a bit dead and so much more like.. well Bran, Arya, Sansa/LF etc - Winds of Winter will have so much important/big content I can't see how they want to put it all into one season anyway so really the last thing they need is stuff from books 4 or 5 after they finished season 5.
I could easily see them forwarding one of the two wars like M99 said though I personally think they should just do 8 seasons..

edit
After reading my own post I just remembered how much I want that book....  Mad 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 15 May 2014 - 0:29

That's true tbh. Interesting to see how they fit in everything.

Won't be surprised if we see very little of the sand snakes and the greyjoys. Maybe even cut off people like Septon Meribald and Lord Tarly etc

Can't wait for TWOW. Really really excited for Jon, Arya and Bran's destinies
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu 15 May 2014 - 1:38

Finally finished the last 200 pages of the book, and now I can lurk the internet free of anything that can be of spoiler to me
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 15 May 2014 - 1:40

What does everyone think of the Dragon binding horn?

Legit? red herring?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next