Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
Mr Nick09
Gil
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Couple of questions on De Rossi - Page 2 Empty Re: Couple of questions on De Rossi

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:19 am

I'd love to see De Rossi in Chelsea cause at Rome he shows a lack of ambition... You can see a totally different De Rossi at Italy, and i think he'd be close to that type of performance if he moves to a new challenge... De Rossi playing for national team is one of the best CM i've seen (TOP 3 imo), he has grinta like no other and also a great football brain with good technique and tactical knowledge.. He can also play very well CB when needed, just take a look at EURO 2012 in the game vs Spain in groups.
In a market where no names like Illaramendi (or how is his name) is sold for over 30 m, i'd say De Rossi for 40 m is a bargain even at 30 yrs old.

Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions on De Rossi - Page 2 Empty Re: Couple of questions on De Rossi

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Grooverider wrote:Hugely overrated player, always has been and always will be.

The Italian Joey Barton but with facial hair.

Laughing

Hey brah....your ignorance is showing...might want to tuck that back in.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:43 pm

If he has motivational issue to play for his boyhood club what makes people think he will be motivated to play for chelsea/city/ whateverclub?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Modern day Makelele, but with much more qualities.
not sure if serious
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Good lord all I have seen from you is utter drivel and ignorance. Don't make it a trend now. It loses its forte.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Arquitescu wrote:

yet Makalele was hell overrated. Nowhere near the technique of DDR

you can't really compare these two , 2 different players . de rossi has better passing and vision ,but makelele's defensive prowess was unmatchable . one of the greatest ball-winning defensive midfielders of all time
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 pm

farfan wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

you can't really compare these two , 2 different players . de rossi has better passing and vision ,but makelele's defensive prowess was unmatchable . one of the greatest ball-winning defensive midfielders of all time

& I agree with you as it is wrong of me to compare separate players. I did have to voice my opinions on Makalele being an overrated entity though which still stands.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mp4krJuventino Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I think this might be the worst post I've seen on these forums to date . And I've been lurking here for a long time.

De Rossi has been my favorite Italian player (besides the one obvious exception) for a long long time. Amazing player on his NT form, when he plays like that he'd start for any team in the world. Sadly he doesn't always replicate it for Roma.

Mp4krJuventino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Here's the thing, in such an inflated market, I don't understand how De Rossi could be let go at 15 million euros. Ok, he isn't that young, but the quality is still there. I know his form with us has been shit over the past year, but the man we saw as one of the best players at the Confederations Cup can't be let go for that low of a figure.

A couple of years ago, we were offered around 30 million euros for him and turned it down. Since then, his form has dropped mainly due to Zeman's use of him (which was not incorrect, but just unappreciated by the player, highlighting De Rossi's psychological limitations). However, with a new coach that I feel will use him the way the player himself likes best, I think he could work his way out of his slump and earn back that title as one of the best DM's in the world. But, of course, this is all going to be down to his desire and his determination, not his physical ability.

In the end, I am not only saying this as a fan, but putting myself in the shoes of our management (who are pure businessmen by the way), I kindly reject the offer... for now.

PS- If we do sell him, we're going to have to replace him... and not with Strootman... but with an equally strong DM. Good luck not ending up in the red with that piece of business.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:50 pm

If Illarramendi is worth €32+ (I don't think he is, but that's what Madrid had to pay for him) then De Rossi is certainly worth €25+ million. Any offer lower than that would be criminal for AS Roma to accept.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm

It might be just me, but i don't think Roma is going miss DDR on the field . Sure he might have some dressing room presence. Though with Strootman, Bradley (Who i rate very highly and has impressed) and Florenzi/Pjanic they could form a good midfield IMO. Though the aspect of a retired Perotta, followed by DDR leaving and then Totti ending his career. It might be kind of hard on the fans and even the squad. Also, i'd like to point out a similar team in Milan. We let go all of the Senatore (bar Ambro) and extremely struggled in the first few months, yet our squad now looks very promising and revitalized than that of say 3 years ago. If Roma are to sell DDR, they should sell him at peak value. One more thing, i'm not trying to say that he should stay or he should leave. I'm just playing around with the idea of his absence in Roma on the field and off. Ultimately it depends on how Garcia uses him and if he is imperative to his plans
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago? Yes

Is he open to a move? No

How much would he cost? 20-25m

Would Roma even sell?No

How much would he improve Chelsea's midfield?significantly
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 pm

just the thought of spending over 10mill on this guy makes me shudder. Hes too old to compete in the prem now anyway
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Grooverider wrote:just the thought of spending over 10mill on this guy makes me shudder. Hes too old to compete in the prem now anyway

I think you said ur opinion before , repeating it wont make it right
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Grooverider wrote:just the thought of spending over 10mill on this guy makes me shudder. Hes too old to compete in the prem now anyway

:facepalm: :facepalm: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
farfan wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

& I agree with you as it is wrong of me to compare separate players. I did have to voice my opinions on Makalele being an overrated entity though which still stands.

How is he overrated?

He's one of the main reasons Zidane is considered one of the best players to ever play the game.
He's also one of the main reasons Madrid won the CL in '03.
And helped start off the Chelsea-era under Roman.

The best DM I've ever seen play. Ahead of Redondo and Viera, Keane, Essien and Edgar Davids.

Hierro himself has reported saying:

I think Claude has this kind of gift – he's been the best player in the team for years but people just don't notice him, don't notice what he does. But you ask anyone at Real Madrid during the years we were talking about and they will tell you he was the best player at Real. We all knew, the players all knew he was the most important. The loss of Makélelé was the beginning of the end for Los Galacticos… You can see that it was also the beginning of a new dawn for Chelsea. He was the base, the key and I think he is the same to Chelsea now.[7]
That was during the Galacticos Era... the likes of Figo, Zidane, etc all at the club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:20 pm

- The fact that you've called Redondo a DM whereas he was far to vertical and did not utilize his positionals as a DM is somewhat puzzling.
- The fact that you mentioned the myth and one season wonder, Essien ahead of Rijjkaard, Mattuas and Neeskens, Guardiola, Tardelli is disappointing. Essien will never be one of the greats or even near it. What about Gattuso?

Saying Makalele was a matter of opinion & not subjectivity. Of course I rate his ability and achievements yet since he pioneered the role, people rate his abilities beyond the stratosphere. I don't care what Hierro said, he is the same man who said Villa should be bencher for Raul in España. Speaking of Hierro people always mention him yet forget to mention Sanchis who always was the superior player and received less attention since he did not score as many golazos as Hierro.

A matter of perspective, and more so, a matter of opinion.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:31 pm

I've never seen the likes of Rijjkaard, Mattuas and Neeskens, Guardiola, Tardelli so I can't really compare him to them.

Gattuso is a great shout. Superb player. I still find Makelele the greater player.

Essien is on the same level (if not better) than DDR. You state DDR is on Makelele's level. Hardly the case. They're both well below the names I mentioned.

Makelele mastered the DM role. Obviously people are going to rate him. Messi would be considered overrated to you too judging by "people rate his abilities beyond the stratosphere".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Essien used to be a great DM. Unfortunately nowadays he's netierh a DM nor great.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Makelele is one of the greatest DM i've seen. Best ball-winner for sure.
But DM's roles nowadays have changed.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Arquitescu wrote:- The fact that you've called Redondo a DM whereas he was far to vertical and did not utilize his positionals as a DM is somewhat puzzling.
- The fact that you mentioned the myth and one season wonder, Essien ahead of Rijjkaard, Mattuas and Neeskens, Guardiola, Tardelli is disappointing. Essien will never be one of the greats or even near it. What about Gattuso?

Saying Makalele was a matter of opinion & not subjectivity. Of course I rate his ability and achievements yet since he pioneered the role, people rate his abilities beyond the stratosphere. I don't care what Hierro said, he is the same man who said Villa should be bencher for Raul in España. Speaking of Hierro people always mention him yet forget to mention Sanchis who always was the superior player and received less attention since he did not score as many golazos as Hierro.

A matter of perspective, and more so, a matter of opinion.

One of the best posts I have seen on this forum. When you aren't talking about Basques or Italians you are a GOAT. Maybe one day you will reach my level...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:51 am

ynwa wrote:I've never seen the likes of Rijjkaard, Mattuas and Neeskens, Guardiola, Tardelli so I can't really compare him to them.

Gattuso is a great shout. Superb player. I still find Makelele the greater player.

Essien is on the same level (if not better) than DDR. You state DDR is on Makelele's level. Hardly the case. They're both well below the names I mentioned.

Makelele mastered the DM role. Obviously people are going to rate him. Messi would be considered overrated to you too judging by "people rate his abilities beyond the stratosphere".

I wouldn't compare DDR to Makalele because one of them excels in another in different areas. Over here we can differentiate between the "better" player and the "greater" player. Makalele has a larger legacy yet I wouldn't say DDR is below below his stratosphere.

I cannot agree on Essien who outside 1-2 years has been made a great myth by Chelsea fans and Africans. While I find Makalele overrated, that is down to my opinion. Essien I can objectively state that his legacy is little outside his prime years. He cannot be added within the same tier especially when he doing absolutely nothing nowadays.

As for the mentioned players, I've only seen them through intensive research of observing past matches. I'd also encourage you to do the same when you find time as you'd quite enjoy watching Rijkaard in particular.

Back to Maka, it may come down to the footballing circles within my perspective, yet I only feel they rate the Frenchman above his legacy and mark within football. I do not argue against his legacy as I would to say, Essien.

Jibsy wrote:One of the best posts I have seen on this forum. When you aren't talking about Basques or Italians you are a GOAT. Maybe one day you will reach my level...

I am NOT biased for Italians as I have already admitted as Basque bias. Its not the same for Italians. Closer Espanoles than Italians.

GOAT post? I've made some yet its certainly not this as it only addresses a formal disagreement with YNWA, to whom I disagree with regularly.

You GOAT? When sober, yes.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:27 am

My fkn son Proud

Jibers, you'll be cleaning his toilets in 5 years time. He's going places.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 am

Disagree regularly? Bar the differences in opinions on Shelvey and Makelele, I can't think of anything else. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:17 am

first you thought Beckham was a CM now this :facepalm:

pls go, and never come back
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 am

Would he start in just about every team in the world? :coffee: 
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next