jibers
Mr Nick09
Gil
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Couple of questions on De Rossi Empty Couple of questions on De Rossi

Post by Gil Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago?

Is he open to a move?

How much would he cost?

Would Roma even sell?

How much would he improve Chelsea's midfield?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions on De Rossi Empty Re: Couple of questions on De Rossi

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm

no
yes
30m
maybe(yes)
from shit to good
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Gil wrote:Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago?

Is he open to a move?

How much would he cost?

Would Roma even sell?

How much would he improve Chelsea's midfield?

no
YEs
50 million
yes
As much as you can improve a pigs look with make up
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm

He's not what he used to be but he's still valuable.

Definitely cost upwards of 20-25Million, would improve the Chelsea MF, but it all depends on how you use the players.

Roma could possibly sell.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago?

Yes he is. He may have gotten slower yet has adapted by augmenting his all round game & showing more composure off the ball to read the play. Hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Don't count this year, Zeman's fall out with him had him benched and destroyed his gained momentum. Players like him go on till they are 35+

Open to a Move?

Well considering how he almost hassled Roma in that lucrative contract of his and increasing disillusionment with the managed, its safe to say he can be budged. What has kept him there is his love for Roma and that he is "Il Capitano Futuro" when Totti retires, yet the latter hasn't slowed down either and a captain role seems more bleak.

How much would he cost?

I wouldn't know that Gil. I'll leave that to Fonzi, Neal and Mike

Would Roma sell?

Given they have Bradley, Tachtsidis and Pjanic? Maybe. Yet he is still their best midfielder, a MASSIVE presence and leader in their locker room and one of two players within Roma who have influence over the rabid Romanisti and the club as a whole.

How much would he improve Chelsea?

He is literally a one-man midfield at times. People say Pirlo has been Italia's best in the last 2 years yet that is incorrect. Within the Euros and for over 3 years now DDR has been Italia's best midfielder and is a man possessed for them. His problem is his temper, which results in some rash tackles, when he loses momentum through injuries or bench times he drifts out of games but when in his game nothing gets past him, and his technique is absolutely world class. Schweinsteiger, Gerrard, Lamps, Marchisio etc whatever he probably is the most complete midfielder in the world. Mostly because he is equally adept in defence and attack.

Playmaking, long passes, volleys, long shots, two feet and of course his legendary leadership on and off field. Man is the complete package. He is 29 yet players like him aren't effected by age as drastically. World class midfielder
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Open for a move? When did that happen... He turned down several offers already. Seems like he is going for a Totti.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu May 30, 2013 6:45 pm

yeah i was shocked at everyone here saying he's going to leave Roma??
since when?
he seems like one of those, stay with the club no matter what types Razz why do you suddenly think that's changed?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago?

Yes he is. He may have gotten slower yet has adapted by augmenting his all round game & showing more composure off the ball to read the play. Hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. Don't count this year, Zeman's fall out with him had him benched and destroyed his gained momentum. Players like him go on till they are 35+

Open to a Move?

Well considering how he almost hassled Roma in that lucrative contract of his and increasing disillusionment with the managed, its safe to say he can be budged. What has kept him there is his love for Roma and that he is "Il Capitano Futuro" when Totti retires, yet the latter hasn't slowed down either and a captain role seems more bleak.

How much would he cost?

Would Roma sell?

Given they have Bradley, Tachtsidis and Pjanic? Maybe. Yet he is still their best midfielder, a MASSIVE presence and leader in their locker room and one of two players within Roma who have influence over the rabid Romanisti and the club as a whole.

He is literally a one-man midfield at times. People say Pirlo has been Italia's best in the last 2 years yet that is incorrect. Within the Euros and for over 3 years now DDR has been Italia's best midfielder and is a man possessed for them. His problem is his temper, which results in some rash tackles, when he loses momentum through injuries or bench times he drifts out of games but when in his game nothing gets past him, and his technique is absolutely world class. Schweinsteiger, Gerrard, Lamps, Marchisio etc whatever he probably is the most complete midfielder in the world. Mostly because he is equally adept in defence and attack.

Playmaking, long passes, volleys, long shots, two feet and of course his legendary leadership on and off field. Man is the complete package. He is 29 yet players like him aren't effected by age as drastically. World class midfielder

I'd like to add - not only is he the complete package - but he possesses the tactical intelligence and situational awareness to know when and where to utilize the wide range of tools he possesses.

I think his problem is more along the lines of finding a continuous role that makes use of all his qualities...something I think was at the core of him falling out of favor with Zeman.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Is he still the player he was 2/3 seasons ago?

Open to a Move?

How much would he cost?

Would Roma sell?

I'd like to add - not only is he the complete package - but he possesses the tactical intelligence and situational awareness to know when and where to utilize the wide range of tools he possesses.

I think his problem is more along the lines of finding a continuous role that makes use of all his qualities...something I think was at the core of him falling out of favor with Zeman.

Very well said Josh.

Its something that he consistently improved upon when he lost his earlier pace in order to hone his off the charts Footballing IQ. It has resulted in him being indomitable in pressure situations and better midfields and a craft into a more composed, calculative DDR.

Zeman, unfortunately had a very different idea of how he wanted his midfielders. He prefers a unit of players with individual roles rather than a complete unit like DDR. It further worsened when DDR's attitude in smaller games wasn't up to par which resulted in crossroads between them, followed by the ruthless Zeman benching him.

Max Allegri will most likely be managing Roma next season as he is one who knows how to get the best out of complete midfielders like DDR, since he prefers such a wide variety of characteristics
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 pm

De ROssi at NT level is the best DM in footy imo, he is just amazing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Thu May 30, 2013 8:05 pm

De Rossi at NT= By lightyears the best DM
De Rossi at Roma= by a small margin the best DM
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 pm

So with Strootman coming in, is DDR leaving now?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Looks that way. It was always going to be either him or Pjanic anyway, but Strootman possesses more of his qualities so DDR is the one to leave.

13m for a player of his calibre is just good business.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 am

McLewis wrote:Looks that way. It was always going to be either him or Pjanic anyway, but Strootman possesses more of his qualities so DDR is the  one to leave.

13m for a player of his calibre is just good business.

Wow, that's an incredible signing if it goes through. Looked like a rejuvenated player at the Confed Cup.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am

Modern day Makelele, but with much more qualities.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:52 am

I don't really see how Strootman's arrival will push De Rossi out, if anything it gives Pjanic more competition. But all three could find a way to work together in our midfield. Bradley is important but I don't see him as a starting 11 player for us.

Back to topic, De Rossi is on sale just like everyone else at the club. My guess is you could bargain him down to 20 million but will have to improve on his contract, your call. I've seen figures as low as 13 million which is ridiculous to be honest.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 am

Valkyrja wrote:Modern day Makelele, but with much more qualities.

No chance.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:53 am

De Rossi is 30..Even though people will argue his game isnt dependent on quickness..i have strong feeling he will get exposed defensively in other faster leagues.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 am

Adit wrote:De Rossi is 30..Even though people will argue his game isnt dependent on quickness..i have strong feeling he will get exposed defensively in other faster leagues.

Who cares? We signed Makelele & Ballack at the same age.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:25 am

Is every player the same now days? De Rossi is in clear downward spiral.

As much as i rate De rossi he is no where near both Makalele and Ballack. 13 mill is a very fair price for him i might add..but Roma already said his evaluation is close to 30.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 am

De Rossi has never been reliant on his pace. He lost his pace at age 26 and took only 2-3 months to adapt. As about a myth as that DDR is a DM for Italia.

Clear downward spiral? Didn't see him last year? Or in the Confed Cup as Italia's best player? Don't even mention this year due to his fallout and positional use. Players like him adapt and evolve their game, and he has.

I agree on Ballack yet Makalele was hell overrated. Nowhere near the technique of DDR who is an Azzuri legend and their most important player and has been running Roma's midfield show when he didn't even have facial hair.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52 am

He is absolutley quality but he is getting on in today's inflated market if players like irralamendi are going for close to 40 million and he has not got one cap for spain i think around 20 million is a fair price for DDR but I think he will go for around 15-18 million. he is on 10 million a season so i am not sure chelsea can even afford that even with abramovic money that is a silly wage. Roma can do alot with his sale they have allready bought strootman and the young croation.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:03 am

Arquitescu wrote:He is literally a one-man midfield at times. People say Pirlo has been Italia's best in the last 2 years yet that is incorrect. Within the Euros and for over 3 years now DDR has been Italia's best midfielder and is a man possessed for them. His problem is his temper, which results in some rash tackles, when he loses momentum through injuries or bench times he drifts out of games but when in his game nothing gets past him, and his technique is absolutely world class. Schweinsteiger, Gerrard, Lamps, Marchisio etc whatever he probably is the most complete midfielder in the world. Mostly because he is equally adept in defence and attack.

Thumbs up 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:14 am

Hugely overrated player, always has been and always will be.

The Italian Joey Barton but with facial hair.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:19 am

I'd love to see De Rossi in Chelsea cause at Rome he shows a lack of ambition... You can see a totally different De Rossi at Italy, and i think he'd be close to that type of performance if he moves to a new challenge... De Rossi playing for national team is one of the best CM i've seen (TOP 3 imo), he has grinta like no other and also a great football brain with good technique and tactical knowledge.. He can also play very well CB when needed, just take a look at EURO 2012 in the game vs Spain in groups.
In a market where no names like Illaramendi (or how is his name) is sold for over 30 m, i'd say De Rossi for 40 m is a bargain even at 30 yrs old.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next