ADV: 'Jovetic unlikely to stay'

5 posters

Go down

ADV: 'Jovetic unlikely to stay' Empty ADV: 'Jovetic unlikely to stay'

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Fiorentina President Andrea Della Valle revealed his bitterness at missing third place and admits “it’s very unlikely” Stevan Jovetic will stay.

The Viola are still smarting after tasting Champions League football for most of Sunday, only for Milan to fight back for a 2-1 win at Siena in the final six minutes.

“I was furious on Sunday, but even more so disappointed, as there was so much bitterness,” said ADV in a Press conference.

“The night of our defeat to Roma, I realised our Champions League dream was over. It’s a shame, as it would’ve been the right reward for our squad. We played the best football in Italy and were the second most prolific side.”

Della Valle went back on to the soft penalty for a shirt tug on Mario Balotelli that sparked Milan’s comeback.

“It was a shame to hear the referees back that decision. If any contact in the box is a penalty, then who knows how many spot-kicks there ought to be? Balotelli dived a bit like Tania Cagnotto,” he joked about the Olympic diving champion.

Now Fiorentina look to the future in the Europa League, which doesn’t look like it will be enough to keep David Pizarro and Jovetic at the club.

“Pizarro was one of the most disappointed on Sunday night. We have to understand what happened in his mind over the last few weeks.

“I hope nobody wants to leave here because they feel there’s no way to win due to other factors. Next season, seeing this squad, I hope we can raise the bar and no longer see the Champions League as utopia.

“Jovetic has to figure out what he wants for the future. If he does choose something else, then it is important we are compensated with adequate reinforcements.

“It’s very unlikely he will stay, but in any case he behaved professionally and fairly this season. We are trying to build a team that can challenge for the Champions League. I asked Jo-Jo to help us get back into Europe and he did that.”

Della Valle also revealed he “advised Luca Toni to retire and become a club director.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

ADV: 'Jovetic unlikely to stay' Empty Re: ADV: 'Jovetic unlikely to stay'

Post by juve_gigi Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 pm

We need to thank Milan for giving us Jo Jo, our next number 10. Without their bogus penalty call and offside goal we never would have had a chance to get him.

Thank you thank you Milan for bringing us our next fantasista...

cheers
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I still think Jovetic is going to Arsenal, they have been in talks with him for months, there were also gossips about a pre-agreement, and they also set a bid at 28million euros today.. We will surely won't pay more than that, as we weren't paying last year either.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am

Fio should still be strong with Ljalic, Toni, Rossi and probably Quag daddy.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed May 22, 2013 10:06 am

There are reports Stevan Jovetic’s agent is in London for talks with Arsenal after Fiorentina confirmed it’s “very unlikely” he’ll stay.

The Montenegro international has long been a target for the Gunners with rumours of a €28m offer on the table.

According to rumours this evening, Jovetic’s agent Fali Ramadani is in London to begin advanced negotiations with Arsenal.

Today in a Press conference Fiorentina President Andrea Della Valle admitted this was probably Jovetic’s final season.

“Jovetic has to figure out what he wants for the future. If he does choose something else, then it is important we are compensated with adequate reinforcements.

“It’s very unlikely he will stay, but in any case he behaved professionally and fairly this season. We are trying to build a team that can challenge for the Champions League. I asked Jo-Jo to help us get back into Europe and he did that.”

Source: football-italia.net

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

Ljajic impressed more this season anyway, so Fiorentina can still qualify for the CL next season with Montella staying. They should think about a replacement for Toni and Pizarro at least.

This is why Serie A cant climb itself up, cause of losing talent like this, instead of the big clubs in the league getting them. 28 million is a pretty fair price also, though I am not sure about his injury-proneness the last years tbh.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down