6 YEAR DEAL !!!

The New Pardew :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Moyes Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Moyes Watch

Post by McLewis Thu 9 May - 7:23

I might just be interested in watching Man United again. I personally like Moyes as a manager. Has done quite well for himself and for Everton with very little to go on.

It will be mightily interesting to see what he can do with ample funds available to him.

A good choice from the United camp.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 9 May - 7:24

Harry Redknapp wrote:6 YEAR DEAL !!!

The New Pardew :bow:

Pftt.... 8-6 FTMancs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 9 May - 7:24

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:He has been at the club since a long time and knows the squad's strengths and weaknesses. Using the club's league position as the basis for determining a manager's abilities is flawed logic. Newcastle finished above Everton last season.. clearly Pardew is a better than Moyes going by this trend.

Same thing is applicable to Arsenal. They have an experienced manager who is well-versed with the club's happenings and this helps the club to finish in top 4 every season constantly. When the manager is acquainted with his club, results are obviously going to be better and consistent.

A better position to judge Moyes and Rodgers will be when the latter has been at the club for 3-4 years.

I agree with this, but for now he shouldn't even be compared to Moyes.

Moyes took a team about to be relegated to a consistent top 6 team and in to Europe a few times.

Rodgers is a rookie as of right now and hasn't achieved anything substantial.

At least Di Matteo has won trophies, to put Rodgers in the same breath as Moyes is ridiculous.

Same idiots who say Martinez is better than Moyes.... why? because he plays good football? so what?

I agree with the majority of Gil's list but Moyes is miles above the likes of Di Matteo, Rodgers etc etc right now, they could surpass him one day but as of right now they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.
When it comes to experience, I agree Moyes clearly triumphs over Rodgers and Di Matteo. But he isn't better by miles. If he was, he should've won something by now, no? After 10-11 long years? Managers who have spent so much time at one club in top leagues have won something or the other.

Even Aston Villa were flirting around the midtable and bottom half before MON took over. He gave them three consecutive sixth placed finishes. I don't see him overhyped by people as highly as Moyes...?

I hate the fact that many people only define managers in two categories, very good managers and very bad managers. Moyes doesn't get placed in either of them. He's an average manager.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 9 May - 7:31

Seems like its been ages since Gian Piero Gasperini was favorite for the United job Laughing

Oh, how times have changed.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 9 May - 7:32

Where did i say Moyes is a very good manager and Rodgers and Di Matteo are very bad managers?

Anyway i agree with you on some points especially on the experience part, but disagree that Moyes is average.

You don't take a club from near relegation to in and around the top 6 on a budget that is smaller than Wigan's if you don't have something about you.

I'll leave this here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 9 May - 7:38

It's very different to take a middle-talented, lower budget team and make them overachieve.... than taking the highest budget, most talented team to play at the level everyone expects. Extremely different. This is a massive risk for Man U.

There's really nothing to go on one way or the other because the situations are so different.

In these scenarios, the character and the leadership of the team captains play a massive role. They need to have the manager's back to give it a chance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 9 May - 7:44

sportsczy wrote:It's very different to take a middle-talented, lower budget team and make them overachieve.... than taking the highest budget, most talented team to play at the level everyone expects. Extremely different. This is a massive risk for Man U.

There's really nothing to go on one way or the other because the situations are so different.

In these scenarios, the character and the leadership of the team captains play a massive role. They need to have the manager's back to give it a chance.

While i agree i don't think it will be a major problem, the whole club seems to be backing him with this 6 year contract.

Not to mention he seems to be Fergie's personal choice and Fergie will be taking up a director role at board room level.

It's minimal disruption to the setup there. A 'big name' would have brought their own backroom staff as well as there own 'way' of doing things.

Moyes can come in, maintain the consistency throughout the club and add to it where necessary.

Ferguson will always have a huge influence over what they do in the future, so they needed someone who could come in and work within those constraints. It's Ferguson's choice at the end of the day.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 May - 7:58

Let's see what Moyes is made off at United.

Should be interesting.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 9 May - 8:07

From what everyone's been saying it sounds like he will be successful in the league but not in Europe.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 9 May - 8:16

Let's be serious here.....any coach...from Mou to Moyes....has a tough act to follow when you step into a job like this.

Success will not come easily to Moyes just as it wouldn't anyone else who United had decided to appoint instead of him. He'll be scrutinized of course, but I do think there will be a grace period of some length. United fans don't appear to be as fickle as some I know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu 9 May - 8:18

Man United have no experience of appointing new managers, they have never had to in nearly 30 years, and it's obvious with this appointment. They are trying to go the Fergie route again but times have changed. Going years without winning your first trophy for a club isn't going to be tolerated by the fans and Moyes dosen't have the excuse of a club in crisis like Fergie had when he first came. Instant success will be expected and I don't think Moyes will be up to the challenge.

To be honest I suspect the reason Moyes has been appointed is because he's a yes man who will accept Fergie's prescence above him and won't complain with any involvement of his. Mourinho and Pep would never have accepted such a set up because it would undermine them. Who in their right mind would take that job with Fergie still there watching you like a hawk? Screw that.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 9 May - 8:22

I don't think Moyes' appointment will make any difference. Ferguson will still control the club.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 9 May - 8:24

A lot of people seem to not realise that Fergie isn't actually going anywhere and he's still be working with Moyes for an easy transition phase.

If Mourinho or someone like that come in he would want to run it his own way etc etc.

This is a way of keeping the fabric of the club the same and keep the club stable.

I kinda wish we did the same when Sir Bobby was coming to the end of his tenure instead of sacking him and f*cking it up with Souness and things might be a little different today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 9 May - 9:20

They are keeping the club stable, however is Moyes actually good enough?

Doing what he did with Everton and then winning CL's/EPL's and winning every week in a completely different thing. He's no longer the underdog, he's the top dog now.

He deserves credit for doing what he did with Everton, however he hasn't really progressed with them. He's kept them at a similar level.

However that doesn't mean he won't be able to keep Man Utd at a high level. Not every elite manager is elite when they start off. It is possible for Moyes to continue Man Utd's success and show he's a top manager.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 9 May - 9:25

Yohan Modric wrote:They are keeping the club stable, however is Moyes actually good enough?

Doing what he did with Everton and then winning CL's/EPL's and winning every week in a completely different thing. He's no longer the underdog, he's the top dog now.

He deserves credit for doing what he did with Everton, however he hasn't really progressed with them. He's kept them at a similar level.

However that doesn't mean he won't be able to keep Man Utd at a high level. Not every elite manager is elite when they start off. It is possible for Moyes to continue Man Utd's success and show he's a top manager.

Swanhends wrote:Everton in the EPL pre-Moyes:
15th (Moyes took over in March)
16th
13th
14th
17th
15th
6th
15th
17th
13th

Everton in the EPL with Moyes:
6th
7th
7th
8th
5th
5th
6th
11th
4th
17th
7th

1/11 seasons in top half pre-Moyes
9/11 seasons in top half with Moyes

How is that not progression?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 9 May - 9:32

I mean since he took them over he hasn't progressed much. It's been similar placed finishes. 6th, 7th, 8th, 5th etc etc. Surely in like 10-11 years he can progress a bit more, instead of staying at a similar level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 9 May - 9:34

Hard to do that when the only clubs above can spend your budget on half a player and you lose your best every season..

It's remarkable what he's done tbh.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 9 May - 9:50

From what I can find, Moyes has spent more than 10m on a player on two occasions since taking over in 2003: Fellaini (15m) and Yakubu (11.25m)

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 9 May - 10:00

But he has wasted far too much money on flops though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 9 May - 10:03

RealGunner wrote:But he has wasted far too much money on flops though
Not only that, many, many Everton fans didn't want him to sign an extension back in January and wanted to get rid of him. What does that tell you about the man?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 9 May - 10:16

Well don't leave me hanging who am I missing ffs - Im using wikipedia so they don't have all the numbers

Those were the only two transfers I could find over 10m

As for flops:
Kroldrup 5m (Managed to sell him for 3.6m though)
Andy van der Meyde 2m (Honestly don't even remember him playing for Inter rofl)

Good transfers:
Fellaini
Baines
Neville
Howard
Lescott
Jagielka
Heitinga
Pienaar
Cahill
Arteta
Mirallas

Meh:
Andrew Johnson (In 8.6m, out 10.5m)
Jelavic? 5.5m (Good last season, meeeeh this season)

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Not only that, many, many Everton fans didn't want him to sign an extension back in January and wanted to get rid of him. What does that tell you about the man?

...it tells me less than the fact that he won the endorsement of Fergie and the rest of United's front office, for starters
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 9 May - 10:21

Being a Scot helped.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 9 May - 10:25

No more than Wenger.... not trolling either think you are being unfair here every manager wastes money at some point.

Human beings after all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 9 May - 10:29

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Being a Scot helped.

Based on.....what? Do you have any evidence? proof?

You're going to need more than just: "Well Fergie is a Scot and Moyes is a Scot soooo" to justify the claim that one of the biggest football clubs in the world hired someone that they didn't believe was qualified based on him sharing a nationality with the former manager.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 9 May - 10:38

Swanhends wrote:

Well don't leave me hanging who am I missing ffs - Im using wikipedia so they don't have all the numbers

Those were the only two transfers I could find over 10m

As for flops:
Kroldrup 5m (Managed to sell him for 3.6m though)
Andy van der Meyde 2m (Honestly don't even remember him playing for Inter rofl)

Good transfers:
Fellaini
Baines
Neville
Howard
Lescott
Jagielka
Heitinga
Pienaar
Cahill
Arteta
Mirallas

Meh:
Andrew Johnson (In 8.6m, out 10.5m)
Jelavic? 5.5m (Good last season, meeeeh this season)

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

...it tells me less than the fact that he won the endorsement of Fergie and the rest of United's front office, for starters

Beilitendinov 7M was a big flop for them.

Heitinga is a massive flop too. Everton fans absolutely hate him, he is unbelievably shit.

Yakubo bought for 11M didn't exactly prove to be a master stroke either.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next