RealGunner
Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

North East of England = Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: North East of England = Spain

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 am

Wigan have traditionally already turned on their relegation-beating form by this point. Their continued inconsistency and lack of results has them closer to relegation than in recent years and really, at this point their fate is out of their hands. It's not just about whether they can get results, but whether the clubs around them can. As such I think they're definitely favourites for the third relegation spot and I can't wait to hear Whelan's reaction if they do go down... though he'll probably just be happy that United won the title.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

North East of England = Spain - Page 2 Empty Re: North East of England = Spain

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 am

Don't forget.

2 years ago, Wigan were trailing 2-0 at half time to West Ham and looked certs for relegation, only to win that game 3-2 with Nzogbia 95th minute winner, and then they went to Britannia and won there too.

Last season, when United looked set for title win...they beat them, and then went to Emirates against a FLYING Arsenal side and beat them 2-1 as well.

That's why TOUGH RUN-IN does not apply to Wigan. I know they have the FA Cup distraction....but even then, they were 5 minutes away from drawing City at Etihad, and 1 minute away from beating Spurs.

They certainly do have it in them to beat WBA/Swansea next week.....they MUST win at least one of them and I hope they do. It'd be boring to have a final day of the season when champions are alreayd decided and so are all relegation fodder.

Newcastle's only hope is QPR game imo. West Ham have been in great form and are usually great at home. Not to mention FAT Sam hates Newcastle and would love to get them relegated.

Imagine these results next week Very Happy

WBA 1-1 Wigan
West Ham 2-0 Newcastle
Sunderland 0-1 Stoke
Norwich 1-1 Villa
Wigan 2-1 Swansea

that'd have

Norwich 39
A.Villa 38
Sunderland 37
Newcastle 37
Wigan 36