Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 am

REWB wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:I think Arsenal should go for JoJo instead of Higuain tbh

me too, jojo would help our game so much, he would bring us the fluid football that we have been missing.
me too.. Thumbs up and i trust in Giroud...

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 am

furiouswindbottom wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger coy on reports of Wayne Rooney joining Arsenal - "I'll give you an answer after the Newcastle game." http://bit.ly/19kHa8J

hmm Laughing

I actually believe Wenger has to make smokescreens when it comes to signings.

As soon as the press get hold of a target, Chelsea just outbid us. I don't think they have scouts. They just use ours.

We certainly won't be buying both Higuian and Rooney. Stan would have a heart attack!

I think the Higuian one is more likely, but of we have to use Rooney a bit...so be it.

Tbh, I think I would prefer Higuian. He's younger and has an excellent strike rate at the very highest level (187 games and 104 goals for Real).

This is one rumour I hope is true.
Jovetic > Higuain.. bounce and no Poonies at Arsenal.. :brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am

Rooney is a good player. But I do not want him at Arsenal. The only reason I can fathom why people want him, is because he would be a marquee signing from a rival club. (I wonder if we can call them that anymore, but thats a debate for another thread on another day). It would feel good to get back at them for signing our best striker in his prime. But at what cost? Can we afford his wages at ManYoo, or the wages Chavs will offer him, should he decide to leave and should Falcao decide to head to Monaco?

Higuain would be an upgrade on Giroud, but I am not sure that upgrade is necessary or crucial. What we do need, however, is depth in the forward ranks without having to rely on inwards moving wide forwards like Theo or Poldi.

This is where I see Jovetic filling the void perfectly.

Needless to say, it is worth remembering that we have three-five forward players in our books who need to be moved on. One of them is out of contract and probably retiring anyway. Some resolution on the roles of Gervinho and Theo in our squad would also be desirable over the course of pre-season.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 11:30 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger coy on reports of Wayne Rooney joining Arsenal - "I'll give you an answer after the Newcastle game." http://bit.ly/19kHa8J

hmm Laughing
Classic Wenger
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

Higuain strike rate is great... And I'd take him any day of the week over Giroud, but I don't think Wenger will go for Higuain. He loves Giroud too much.

Jovetic sounds more possible, imo.
But if we get any of those two, I'd be happy. If we get Rooney though, I'd be ecstatic!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm

El Gunner wrote:Higuain strike rate is great... And I'd take him any day of the week over Giroud, but I don't think Wenger will go for Higuain. He loves Giroud too much.

Jovetic sounds more possible, imo.
But if we get any of those two, I'd be happy. If we get Rooney though, I'd be ecstatic!!!

I don't know man.. Rooney would be good, but I just can't see us footing his wages.. Hes on 200k+ p/w after his last transfer request.. This would be a saga this summer, and it would be best if we don't embroil ourselves in one and finish our transfers quick and fast..

If we sign Jovetic, and then grab him towards the end of the summer, then it would be brilliant - but we don't operate like that.. We don't buy a Kagawa and then splurge on a Persie just cause he is available.. There's a reason why we aren't 20 times champions, we lack that ruthlessness.. silent

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I also stated earlier, in this thread I think, that we won't be getting Rooney, that will only happen in our dreams just because of his very high wages.

I just meant it in more wishful-thinking way. We won't get Rooney, if I have to be honest.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 pm

El Gunner wrote:I also stated earlier, in this thread I think, that we won't be getting Rooney, that will only happen in our dreams just because of his very high wages.

I just meant it in more wishful-thinking way. We won't get Rooney, if I have to be honest.

Ahh, think I missed your earlier post.. But yeah, would be cool - the day when we can pull off such coups in the mercato! *sigh*

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I dont think we will sign more than one player this summer and it will be either diame or a unknown 19 year from french league.

I dont think Wenger would pay Rooney even if he cut his wages in half.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I dont think we will sign more than one player this summer and it will be either diame or a unknown 19 year from french league.

One player? Are you really being honest?

I'm more optimistic about this summer.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 14, 2013 1:37 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I dont think we will sign more than one player this summer and it will be either diame or a unknown 19 year from french league.

One player? Are you really being honest?

I'm more optimistic about this summer.

I just cant see us signing more than one player to be honest, We have a huge squad and many deadwood players who no one wants and are getting quality player wages.

I just dont see Wenger putting his ego aside and buying players to win the league. I already can see his excuse for next year, :whistle:

Wenger "Mourino is back at Chelsea and they are too strong we have no chances of winning the league we will compete when Mourino gets fired at the end of the season". Laughing

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 pm

So much hate. Wow.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue May 14, 2013 1:53 pm

But Raptor, caughtoffside says that we're getting Jovetic and Higuain!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/14/done-deal-arsenal-agree-deals-to-sign-top-quality-38m-strike-pair/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Must be true. Razz
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Chumlum wrote:But Raptor, caughtoffside says that we're getting Jovetic and Higuain!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/14/done-deal-arsenal-agree-deals-to-sign-top-quality-38m-strike-pair/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Must be true. Razz

I guess I was wrong, Wenger and Arsenal board are not afraid of winning trophies. Razz Embarassed
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue May 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:But Raptor, caughtoffside says that we're getting Jovetic and Higuain!

Must be true. Razz

I guess I was wrong, Wenger and Arsenal board are not afraid of winning trophies. Razz Embarassed

Kind of agree with RG on this one. Think it is great to read about all the people we are going to get. Problem is Wenger has had money for the last couple of years and he choose not to invest it. Just because we have more money I am not sure that we will finally get the top top top players that we think of.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Vermaelen: "I'll be stronger next season. I feel good, fit & confident. If the manager needs me I will be ready to take my place."
hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Arsenal and zenit have reportedly joined the race to sign Ilicic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal and zenit have reportedly joined the race to sign Ilicic

scratch Good player, but he's yet another central attacking midfielder ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Hope this is true, Gervinho will be going to Turkey this summer, no solid source though. Proud cheers
I am hearing Eboue is trying to take him to Turkey for good reasons. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 15, 2013 1:53 pm

L'Equipe say that Francis Coquelin is set to leave Arsenal for Schalke 04. They say it could be a loan or a sale. Contract to 2015.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 15, 2013 2:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:L'Equipe say that Francis Coquelin is set to leave Arsenal for Schalke 04. They say it could be a loan or a sale. Contract to 2015.

Good move for him either way.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Yea
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed May 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Loan move for Coquelin to Schalke, with Champions League (if they qualify this weekend) and Bundesliga football would be superb.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Coquelin what are you doing? Mad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Coquelin is a player who, if he ends up somewhere else permanently, I hope has a fine career but never gets beyond that barrier of simply being "pretty good." It would be rough to turn out & see how he kind of floundered on the bench here for a couple years, impressing in flashes, and then matured into a real machine.

Like, I'm less worried about that happening with Frimpong these days. But with le Coq I still wonder if he's got something special in his future. But if it's a loan move I hope he does well there and grows ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed May 15, 2013 4:15 pm

#ArsenalneedsCoq no more ? Crying or Very sad
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next