McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Sat 08 Jun 2013, 15:55

I don't want Tevez. His mood swings are too much for me. Plus he's played for United.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 16:16

Art you totally left out BORINI!!! Out of all equations!! affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 18:38

West Ham are considering a £12 million bid for Wilfried Bony after growing less confident of signing Andy Carroll. (Telegraph)

if these comes out to be true & Newcastle end up buying him at a cheaper price. . . . . arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhh Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 22 2276801876 Clubber
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 18:49

"I know as much as I have seen on TV and I think he is a great player and could be a great addition.

"I've been asking around and everyone talks well about him so hopefully he will be an asset for us and will be very helpful for the team."

Now even Reina is talking about him!! Come on why is this still not out scratch

Also in this article Reina gives us more hope of him not leaving. . .

I can guarantee you my future is in Liverpool right now

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/211239.html#
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:37

Fahim89 wrote:Art you totally left out BORINI!!! Out of all equations!! affraid

So did Treddy. What's your point?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:42

Art Morte wrote:

Oops. Looks like I did.

I would honestly expect him to be on the bench most matches over Sterling. I wasn't intending to write him off, but he certainly wasn't the focus of my post.

Honest mistake.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:49

Art Morte wrote:

Darn my bad Art the post was by Treddy. Sorry mate i mixed up.

Btw Treddy! Mate you missed out Borini! affraid . . . Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 08 Jun 2013, 20:02

We've got attacking players in the squad who are well ahead of Borini. He didn't impress in his first season and now he's got it all to do to make the team, quite understandably, imo.

If all our players are fit, I'd be surprised if Borini got a start in our first ten league games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat 08 Jun 2013, 20:17

Art Morte wrote:We've got attacking players in the squad who are well ahead of Borini. He didn't impress in his first season and now he's got it all to do to make the team, quite understandably, imo.

If all our players are fit, I'd be surprised if Borini got a start in our first ten league games.
I agree, but I would point out that he wasn't exactly set up to succeed, and the injuries severely limited his opportunities to do so.

I expect him to get opportunities in preseason and the early Carling Cup matches. However, starts in the league will be very hard to come by. Barring injuries, he won't be a starter in many games this season.

That said, he may yet have a significant impact. I think him and Aspas (assuming the completion of his transfer) will both be used as impact substitutes. With our new-found/newly-healthy attacking talent, I am far more confident in our ability to chase a game.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 08 Jun 2013, 20:29

Yes, he had awfully lot of injuries, but he did play some games and wasn't anything special. Moreover, I heard someone, I think it was LiverpooiYnwa, saying that we don't play with wingers, we play with inside-forwards and I'm not buying that after a season where we fielded the likes of Sterling and Downing, i.e. wingers, in our XI. We play with one striker and two wingers as far as I'm concerned and I don't consider Borini to be an efficient winger and that only strengthens my view that he will have tough time finding game time next season with us signing Aspas and even if Suarez leaves we'll go for a replacement, so... Yeah.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:13

Kop discover they were talking to wrong people about Celta Vigo forward - but the transfer IS still expected to happen

Liverpool’s chase of Iago Aspas is STILL not complete, and a contractual dispute has threatened to derail the whole deal.

The Reds discovered on Friday that the agents with whom they had been negotiating Aspas’ transfer from Celta Vigo were not his contracted representatives.

The revelation lead to frantic phone calls between the Anfield giants' managing director Ian Ayre, Celta and Aspas’ official agent - with whom he has a contract until 2014.

Contrary to reports elsewhere, we can reveal that no deal has been struck between the clubs for the Spanish forward, but it is a question of days until an agreement is reached.

The deal is, however, likely to be held up by legal wranglings with the other agents possessing an authorisation document signed by the player in an attempt to hurry through his dream move to Merseyside.

All sides are keen to avoid a drawn-out legal saga, especially Liverpool, who want to get their summer transfer business done early - Sporting Lisbon defender Tiago Ilori is expected to sign next week.

Aspas' official agent has the backing of the Spanish football federation and Celta themselves.

With Liverpool now speaking to him directly, an accord should be struck by next weekend - provided the other agents agree to withdraw their claim to any proceeds from the move.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-iago-aspas-deal-1939228

Very weird.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 09 Jun 2013, 03:25

We had an agreement with KRC Genk back in 2010 to be able to loan them players and also sign their youth and other foreigner via Belgium because of British non-EU player laws and what not.

Well they've had players like Kevin De Bruyne, Courtois, and Benteke come to England after that deal in 2010 and I don't understand why we didn't get some sort of a courtesy call for these players.

Did the change in ownership have anything to do with clubs not co-operating together anymore?

He're an Echo article on it from 2010.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-deal-belgian-club-3434467

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/liverpool-s-deal-with-belgian-club-genk
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun 09 Jun 2013, 07:13

Art Morte wrote:Yes, he had awfully lot of injuries, but he did play some games and wasn't anything special. Moreover, I heard someone, I think it was LiverpooiYnwa, saying that we don't play with wingers, we play with inside-forwards and I'm not buying that after a season where we fielded the likes of Sterling and Downing, i.e. wingers, in our XI. We play with one striker and two wingers as far as I'm concerned and I don't consider Borini to be an efficient winger and that only strengthens my view that he will have tough time finding game time next season with us signing Aspas and even if Suarez leaves we'll go for a replacement, so... Yeah.
Downing got game time because his passing is pretty good, good at holding up the ball and doesn't lose the possession often. Not because he was a winger. He'll leave once we get better players who can do that and are a threat upfront.

Sterling is not a winger. He's an inside forward.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun 09 Jun 2013, 08:04

@DTR, I agree what you said. The first option is really very congested as all of Sturridge, Coutinho, Tevez & Makhitaryan prefers to play in the middle with only the WB offering width. Also, I don't feel Mak will be any good in offering width. The second option is well balanced. However, I don't know anything about Lamela as I haven't seen Roma much in last few years.

One thing that bothers me about Mak is that how prolific will he be in EPL! Ukrain league isn't the most competitive and he is like what 24! So he will not progress much.

I have a feeling Borini & Aspas will be used on the RW/F. However I expect another striker to be signed.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 09 Jun 2013, 08:29

Ilori vs U20 Nigeria from yesterday

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 09 Jun 2013, 08:30

Look a player doesn't he? Could be as good as Agger in the future with plenty of more pace though if groomed correctly.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 09 Jun 2013, 15:46

Today's rumor mill linking us to Luis Alberto & Pedro Chirivella. The later is for our youth squad. But Alberto pretty much looks like adding to bench strength. La Liga followers giving good reviews about him.

Rumors suggest both these deals are done on personal level fees yet to be agreed amongst clubs.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 10 Jun 2013, 05:31

A lot of rumours suggesting Luis Alberto is replacing Jonjo Shelvey as he's off to Norwich apparently.

I don't even know who this Luis Alberto is, but Jonjo Shelvey will be class in the future. We'd be stupid to sell Shelvey.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 10 Jun 2013, 05:36

Art Morte wrote:Yes, he had awfully lot of injuries, but he did play some games and wasn't anything special. Moreover, I heard someone, I think it was LiverpooiYnwa, saying that we don't play with wingers, we play with inside-forwards and I'm not buying that after a season where we fielded the likes of Sterling and Downing, i.e. wingers, in our XI. We play with one striker and two wingers as far as I'm concerned and I don't consider Borini to be an efficient winger and that only strengthens my view that he will have tough time finding game time next season with us signing Aspas and even if Suarez leaves we'll go for a replacement, so... Yeah.

Yes, that was me.

We don't play with wingers.

Downing was only in the squad because we had no one else on the right hand side. Suso was being "grounded" for the second half of the season and who else did we have? Sturridge is seen to be a player to feature in the centre for us. Suarez played as the SS. Although, the one time we had a full team (free of injuries etc) Sturridge was on the right hand side and we dominated Reading but couldn't score lol. Downing came on and the whole structure broke down, mind you.

And whilst Sterling is a winger, he can play in the inside forward role. He's done it quite well in the senior side, and for the reserves.

Give Borini time. He'll play on the left hand side or as the striker. Aspas should play on the right hand side or leading the line but he can play anywhere.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 10 Jun 2013, 05:42

I've seen nothing linking our interest in Luis Alberto to the potential exit of Jonjo Shelvey. Our interest in Luis Alberto can be traced back to well before Norwich supposedly enquired about Shelvey. Heck, they're not even similar players, really.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon 10 Jun 2013, 05:47

ynwa wrote:A lot of rumours suggesting Luis Alberto is replacing Jonjo Shelvey as he's off to Norwich apparently.

I don't even know who this Luis Alberto is, but Jonjo Shelvey will be class in the future. We'd be stupid to sell Shelvey.

From all i have seen there has been nothing linked to Shelvey leaving because of Alberto coming in. There has been separate reports suggesting sale of Shelvey but not because of Alberto. One article went crazy enough to say we are looking to replace Shelvey with Ilker Gundogan of BVB, still makes me laugh that rofl rofl ; but not Alberto for Shelvey.

From what i have seen of Alberto the guy looks like Coutinho esque with better finishing & eye for passing not near as good as Coutinho but good. But the kid has some finishing & eye for goal Thumbs up

One more name doing the rounds today for Youth Academy Pedro Chirivella considered by Spanish journalists as one of the brightest talents of age group in Spain. We beat of Barca & Man City to get him. Nothing confirming this though but then again Academy recruits are not reports on the official website.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 10 Jun 2013, 05:57

Apparently was a key word there. I havn't heard too much in the last few days. Last I heard was Ilori and Aspas was to be signed by Tuesday. So I was just going off what I read. I have absolutely no idea who Luis Alberto is, but Shelvey is apparently on the way out and that'd still be silly. Shelvey should be loaned out, but he shouldn't be sold.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 10 Jun 2013, 07:34

I wouldn't be too sad if we sold Shelvey. I like him and I rate him all right, but I don't see him getting much game time next season, either. And he hasn't quite developed as much as I had hoped. I just feel that for his career a permanent move to somewhere like Norwich where he'd play a lot not just for one season but for longer would be the best for him, whereas staying at Liverpool - even if he gets another loan - could be a dead-end for both him and the club.

Also, this is not a dig at anyone, I just genuinely don't know: what's the difference between an inside forward and a winger?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon 10 Jun 2013, 07:47

A winger is someone who is meant to pump in crosses from the flank to the targetman. Basically, a stereotypical 'winger' of the British gameplay. (Benayoun, Downing, Riera)

An inside forward is a forward who is capable of playing and has the necessary traits to play in wide positions. He is meant to cut inside, have good finishing prowess etc. Quite naturally, an inside forward will be much more versatile than a winger. (Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez)
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 10 Jun 2013, 08:26

I don't think Shelvey will ever become a starting caliber player for us if he stays with us. He definitely has talent to be something special. However, he does need to go somewhere permanently and make a name for himself and then maybe try to get to a bigger team after that.

If we can loan him to a team like Norwich for 2/3 seasons and he proves himself there then all the better, we can call him back and let him have a go at the first team, otherwise a permanent move is necessary or else everyone's time is being wasted.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:12

Well surprise surprise!!! Iago Aspa would be having his medical today according to reliable journos BBC & Echo. It comes as much as a shock as the fact that grasses are green & skies are blue Razz

Echo & BBC both suggest Ilori & Alberto are being sort after & Papa still a big target & Alderweild would be considered if Papa deal doesn't go through.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next