McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 21 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:17 pm

If you want to watch some Ilori, he's playing right now against Nigeria U21 in the Euros

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Correction: It's the Toulon Tournament, not the U21 Euros
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 pm

guys, last night i was drunk drunken...but hermann is good but yet not a finished product, if you saw him against nederland now, he was so damn quick, vision ok, has 6 goals n 6 assists in BL n 2 assists in europa league.But I am sure under BR he will improve a lot

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:guys, last night i was drunk drunken...but hermann is good but yet not a finished product, if you saw him against nederland now, he was so damn quick, vision ok, has 6 goals n 6 assists in BL n 2 assists in europa league.But I am sure under BR he will improve a lot

drinking Yeah I saw him today against the Dutch. Looks a player, just confirmed what I always knew :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Anfield club ready to make approach for Argentine striker.

Liverpool are ready to make an audacious attempt to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez according to Goal.com.

rofl

Goal.com making us laugh since eternity . . . :bow:

But was it a Goal.com exclusive with their patented slideshows?

According to Goal.com Liverpool is linked with the savior of Anfield

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Aspas and Ilori look set to be signed by Tuesday next week going by rumours / reports.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 am

ynwa wrote:Aspas and Ilori look set to be signed by Tuesday next week going by rumours / reports.

Well rumors went so crazy tomorrow that Ilori was actually trending in Liverpool yesterday on Twitter.

Aspas seems just waiting to confirmed along with the medical rest seems done. According to James Pearce of the Echo.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 am

Motogp69 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Anfield club ready to make approach for Argentine striker.

Liverpool are ready to make an audacious attempt to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez according to Goal.com.

rofl

Goal.com making us laugh since eternity . . . :bow:

But was it a Goal.com exclusive with their patented slideshows?

According to Goal.com Liverpool is linked with the savior of Anfield

Didn't even go through the full article once i knew it was Goal.

The same article links us with Luis Muriel!!! rofl Where the hell do they get these news!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4028044/liverpool-set-to-join-race-for-7m-tevez?ICID=AR

Looks like Mirror is following Goal with the news also!! :facepalm:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-manchester-citys-tevez-1937033
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 am

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Aspas and Ilori look set to be signed by Tuesday next week going by rumours / reports.

Well rumors went so crazy tomorrow that Ilori was actually trending in Liverpool yesterday on Twitter.

Aspas seems just waiting to confirmed along with the medical rest seems done. According to James Pearce of the Echo.

Yeah. Should re-phrase what I meant. We want to sign them both before Tuesday next week. xd

Only medicals await.

As for Tevez, GET HIM IN! He'll drag us to the CL on his own. His fee will be nothing. What's 7m pounds. If we can get him for around 2 years on 100k wages we'll be winning. Twisted Evil

Tevez
Coutinho Suarez Sturridge

F*CK bounce

But yeah, won't happen. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 am

[quote="ynwa"]
Fahim89 wrote:

Yeah. Should re-phrase what I meant. We want to sign them both before Tuesday next week. xd

Only medicals await.

As for Tevez, GET HIM IN! He'll drag us to the CL on his own. His fee will be nothing. What's 7m pounds. If we can get him for around 2 years on 100k wages we'll be winning. Twisted Evil

Tevez

F*CK bounce

I don't get the logic of Tevez wanting to take a pay cut!! I mean totally stupid journalism!! why would he take a pay cut to come from a champion side to us!! whereas various top teams are scouting him.

No doubt he would be brilliant addition but just isn't possible to me.

Btw if rumors are to be believed (which are not!) Aspas could be done by today! cheers
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 am

No Europe won't stop Reds buying players, says Ian Ayre

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-europe-wont-stop-liverpool-4186798

Says absolutely nothing about our transfers!!! Just beating around the bushes!! why give this interview then! scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:50 am

A HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO:

We buy Tevez, Mkhitariyan, Aspas, Ilori, Papa, Luis Alberto, Kolo Toure Erisksen & Mignolet.

We sell Suarez, Reina, Shelvey, Downing, Pacheco, Skrtel, Assaidi, Coates, Spearing & Carroll.

How would you feel? Would it make the squad better or worse?

For me the squad would benefit GREATLY. Increases our bench strength immensely. No doubt improves the overall squad also.

But that's just me.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:15 am

O on the list of Sale or let go off might as well add Peter Gulacsi. Although can't really effect the team if it happens Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 am

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Only medicals await.

Tevez

F*CK bounce

I don't get the logic of Tevez wanting to take a pay cut!! I mean totally stupid journalism!! why would he take a pay cut to come from a champion side to us!! whereas various top teams are scouting him.

No doubt he would be brilliant addition but just isn't possible to me.

Btw if rumors are to be believed (which are not!) Aspas could be done by today! cheers
Well firstly, Tevez won't have to leave this country. He reportedly wanted to go back to Argentina back in January but staying in major leagues will help him boost chances of making the 2014 WC squad. He has attitude issues that has fended off a lot of clubs. He wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to stay in England. (after all he wanted to go to Boca for which he would have had to take a hefty pay cut)

I know this rumour is rubbish, but if we were seriously interested, I think we could've stood a chance to land him.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am

Fahim89 wrote:A HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO:

We buy Tevez, Mkhitariyan, Aspas, Ilori, Papa, Luis Alberto, Kolo Toure Erisksen & Mignolet.

We sell Suarez, Reina, Shelvey, Downing, Pacheco, Skrtel, Assaidi, Coates, Spearing & Carroll.

For me the squad would benefit GREATLY. Increases our bench strength immensely. No doubt improves the overall squad also.

But that's just me.
That won't help the squad anyhow. It'll worsen up the things. Bringing in so many players at the same time isn't realistic and doesn't end up well.

By the way I noticed.. why in the god's name should we sell Shelvey? Shocked
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Well firstly, Tevez won't have to leave this country. He reportedly wanted to go back to Argentina back in January but staying in major leagues will help him boost chances of making the 2014 WC squad. He has attitude issues that has fended off a lot of clubs. He wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to stay in England. (after all he wanted to go to Boca for which he would have had to take a hefty pay cut)

I know this rumour is rubbish, but if we were seriously interested, I think we could've stood a chance to land him.

Can't find the logic of him going back to his homeland & taking a pay-cut amounting to half his salary similar. There have been reported interest in him before from many other bigger clubs.

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
That won't help the squad anyhow. It'll worsen up the things. Bringing in so many players at the same time isn't realistic and doesn't end up well.

By the way I noticed.. why in the god's name should we sell Shelvey? Shocked

I would have to disagree as change if according to the system BR wants to establish then can help to great deal. Plus the players linked to coming in are in a way better then the onces going out (bar Suarez & Reina).

Sorry but i did mention on top HYPOTHETICAL & there were rumors of Norwich wanting Shelvey since yesterday so thus just included the name in an HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO. Plus i do not feel Shelvey is an irreplaceable part of the current squad. But then again put int just in an HYPOTHETICAL scenario. Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 am

Peter Gulacsi – Red Bull Salzburg’s first new signing

http://redbulls.com/soccer/salzburg/en/rbsb-news-detail_9105.html

Official then . . Good Luck to him. Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 pm

@McAgger, we are discussing about the likes of Hermann and the world is so cruel that they have all discussed about tevez and co. tongue

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:@McAgger, we are discussing about the likes of Hermann and the world is so cruel that they have all discussed about tevez and co. tongue

Herrmann went unnoticed again Sad

I would imagine being linked with a big name like Tevez gets everyone much more excited than some 22 year old kid.

I am very happy with Ilori being almost done. I watched him yesterday. Guy looks class. He's soo fricking quick for a CB. Very composed on and off the ball as well. Can definitely see where the Varane comparisons come from.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:36 pm

yeah I had completely forgotten about Ilori, thanks to your post. For a defender such a pace is something extraordinary. I hope he can be developed into a WC player. I heard that he can play also as LB

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Friends, btw what about this guy ince. where has he gone from all the rumours?

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Friends, btw what about this guy ince. where has he gone from all the rumours?

i guess Ince & Blackpool's stubbornness has forced us to consider other options!! Good for us.

Btw today's rumors mostly concerned with Luis Alberto. So can anyone shed any light on this guy?? hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 am

Has Aspas been confirmed yet?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Reuters news agency quote Aspas telling Spanish newspaper Marca:

“When I heard of Liverpool’s interest I did not hesitate even for a minute.”

“It is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I also had offers from Italy and Portugal and other countries I decided that my future was in English football.”

“I am very calm but at the same time very excited because I am making a very significant step forward in my sporting career.”

I don't get it why is this deal not done yet?? scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Fahim89 wrote:A HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO:

But that's just me.
Hmm… So, we could look like this:

Sturridge
Coutinho-Tevez-Mkhitaryan
Lucas-Gerrard
Enrique-Agger-Papa-Glenjo
Mignolet

Bench: Aspas, Hendo, Kolo Toure, Eriksen, Kelly, Sterling, and Jones

Let me start by saying that there’s no reason/likelihood that would buy Mkhitaryan and Eriksen. It’s going to be one or the other, and I personally believe that the club’s decision may be linked with whether Suarez leaves. Should he stay, buying a goal-scoring midfielder isn’t necessarily the priority. Buying a controlling CAM that can work within a midfield three would provide far more benefit to the squad. However, should Suarez leave, we would be losing 20-30 goals a season. Mkhitaryan, Sturridge, Coutinho and one other addition should be more than capable of making up for that loss. The other side of the argument is that neither Mkhitaryan nor Eriksen will want to leave their current clubs to come to LFC and sit on the bench. That’s absolutely unrealistic.

My other worry with those changes is the RW position. If we sell Downing and Assaidi, we will have forfeited the majority of our width. Sterling is the only wide player left. While he’s making strides, I’m not comfortable relying on him when we need true width. WE need to purchase another wide player if Downing goes. Full stop. Ibe and Sterling simply aren’t enough, and I’ve never been a huge fan of playing AM’s wide (Coutinho could be an exception as he genuinely adds width when playing there).

The bench is certainly much stronger, but I believe that will happen anyway. Barring Eriksen (unrealistic for squad player), all of those players look likely to be here anyway.

My opinion on this suggested squad:
- I love the defense. I’m genuinely excited (as much as you can be for a 32-year-old CB) to see Kolo Toure come in. I think it will be a master-stroke to get him on a free. Papadopoulos would definitely be my choice for starting CB alongside Agger. However, if this deal doesn’t materialize (which it has recently gone quiet… a little too quiet), I would be pleased with Alderweireld seeing as we have Toure to allow him time to settle. I could easily see us starting the season with Agger and Toure starting, and I wouldn’t be arsed about it.

- I don’t think Tevez and a Mkihtaryan+Eriksen deal are likely to happen. While I love Tevez purely as a player (he’s a joy to watch, in the same vein as Suarez), I don’t want, nor do I think he would want to be, at Liverpool. If he wants to remain at a competitive club, there are more competitive clubs vying for his signature. If he’s not looking to be competitive, he’ll move home to SA. TBH, I don’t want an unmotivated Tevez at LFC, anyway.

- I’ve already touched on the Mkhitaryan/Eriksen issue, so I won’t rehash it. Suffice it to say, I would prefer the funds used on Tevez and the surplus AM to be used on a quality RW and DM. My personal choice would be Erik Lamela of Roma. He’s looked dangerous in their squad since arriving from River Plate, but he truly found his form this season, scoring 15 goals from the RW position. He is a fast, direct, and technical winger that can be a major goal threat when cutting in on his preferred left foot. I think he could be the perfect foil for Coutinho, should Cou end up playing left-wing.

- As for DM, I would love to see us bring in an alternative to Lucas, not necessarily a replacement or understudy. A strong, roaming destroyer would be my preference. This would give us a much different tactical option to the somewhat reserved style of Lucas. That said, Juraj Kucka has been linked. While he doesn’t exactly fit my description above, he is a quality DM, and he’s about the only one linked to us atm.

- I can’t say that I would be pleased with a Mignolet for Reina swap. To be fair, Mignolet’s stats while at Sunderland are rather impressive. He received very little help from his back line, managing a decent save percentage with a very high volume of shots. (He made a staggering 124 saves all season. Compare that to Reina’s 42, Begovic’s 74, and Szcesny’s 42. He also managed to keep his goals/save ratio to 0.42, which is impressive compared to less taxed goal-keepers such as Reina 0.81, Szcesesny 0.57, and Begovic 0.61.) Even so, it’s not his saves that concern me. It’s his distribution and composure with the ball at his feet. Our keeper will need to be actively involved in play beyond shot-stopping. While he’s never really been asked to do this, Mignolet doesn’t appear to be the best option for a “sweeper-keeper”. I would prefer options outside the BPL should Reina leave. Hopefully, this is a moot point with Valdes staying at Barca.

Threfore, my preferred lineup would be this (assuming Suarez Leaves):

Sturridge
Coutinho-Mkhitaryan-Lamela
Lucas-Gerrard
Enrique-Agger-Papa-Glenjo
Reina
Bench: Bench: Aspas, Hendo, Kolo Toure, Kucka, Kelly, Sterling, and Jones

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:55 pm

I don't want Tevez. His mood swings are too much for me. Plus he's played for United.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next