Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congratulations Cardiff City  - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations Cardiff City

Post by Kick Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 am

che wrote:
Lex wrote:What a whiny girl. Wimbledon FC is a club that's truly dead, with MK Dons masquerading as their doppelganger. Cardiff simply changed shirt colours

i'd really love to see your reaction if usmanov changed arsenal's shirt colour to blue, logo to a lion instead of a cannon, and plastered RUSSIA on the front of your shirts

Arsenal wanting to be more like Chelsea. :bow:

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:33 am

However legitimate the reasons that guy has for being upset about the team are, he is still being a little bitch by completely throwing his support for them out the window due to a few marketing changes :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:37 am

Eman wrote:However legitimate the reasons that guy has for being upset about the team are, he is still being a little bitch by completely throwing his support for them out the window due to a few marketing changes :coffee:

He didn't stop supporting them though. The team he was supporting simply ceased to exist, and another team with the same name was invented.

Cardiff City =/= Cardiff [RED] (soon to be Dragons)

different teams, different identities.

hell, I am thinking of walking away from football and the game if our owners keep focusing on chasing Sponsors and dismissing trophies and traditions, renaming everything....that'd be too much.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:38 am

p.s. not surprised Lex doesn't find this issue sensitive. after all, he said he rather learn his wife has been cheating on him for 8 years with his brother, than get his leg stamped on in a football game

smoking

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 am

Cardiff Dragons (ROFL) might be a little too much for even me to stomach. But simply changing shirt colours and logos isn't a good enough reason to stop following your club
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:p.s. not surprised Lex doesn't find this issue sensitive. after all, he said he rather learn his wife has been cheating on him for 8 years with his brother, than get his leg stamped on in a football game

smoking
Women come and go, but you only have one tibia (per leg) :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:37 am

Why don't we see it from the other point, eh! Is there any viable reason (and benefit) to change the shirt color, not to mention the name!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Very much looking forward to them being in the prem next year, regardless of how he splits cardiff fans opinion the chairman is quite a character. A premier league with him , Di Canio and (hopefully) Mourinho next year would make for some good match of the day viewing
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Eman wrote:However legitimate the reasons that guy has for being upset about the team are, he is still being a little bitch by completely throwing his support for them out the window due to a few marketing changes :coffee:

He didn't stop supporting them though. The team he was supporting simply ceased to exist, and another team with the same name was invented.

Cardiff City =/= Cardiff [RED] (soon to be Dragons)

different teams, different identities.

hell, I am thinking of walking away from football and the game if our owners keep focusing on chasing Sponsors and dismissing trophies and traditions, renaming everything....that'd be too much.
It's only a different identity insofar as what we call it and it looks like. The team is still located at the same place, still has the same players, the same footballing philosophy, mostly the same fans, and the same reputation to just about everyone in the world. Saying it represents something completely different now is a huge exaggeration. A football club isn't just a name and a specific-coloured shirt IMO, or else passion for a team based on those factors would make no sense whatsoever.

If Arsenal changed their name to 'The Arsenal Gunners' and began wearing pink, I wouldn't give up football altogether or change my support to a team that hadn't made those changes, especially if the changes might help the club in the long-run (although this is debatable here I guess). If a new owner came in and sold everyone, moved to a new location, changed our footballing style to hoof-ball and bought a bunch of players I hated with a philosophy of buying trophies and not trying to earn them the right way, then yes I'd be pissed because that is what a club stands for, but this isn't the same thing. The club mean too much to me to stop giving a shit about them completely because I have some sand in my vagina over a few owner decisions Rolling Eyes

He still has a right to be upset, but he is taking it too far IMO.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 am

You can't just say "they're still the same club"... the mans supported them for over 30 years. Obviously he saw a change in it. He's obviously not a fan of how it's run today. He doesn't have the same vibe he had before hand and he has every right to be upset. He's stated that the traditions (that ran for around 100 years) aren't the same, so how can you say "it's still the same club just playing in red". You can't. And it's much easier to say something when it isn't about the club you support. Cardiff fans obviously see it differenrently.

Harry Redknapp wrote:hell, I am thinking of walking away from football and the game if our owners keep focusing on chasing Sponsors and dismissing trophies and traditions, renaming everything....that'd be too much.

The only thing they've done "wrong" was sacking the King.

They're supposed to be chasing sponsers. You can't blame them for doing their job. They need to bring in money. They havn't really dismissed trophies, have they? They've spent over 150m pounds on players since 2011 to help the cause... it's not they're fault that Commolli, and to an extent Rodgers spent majority on average joes / players not needed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Think about it for a second… Your football club isn’t defined by location (they change grounds all the time); your club is’t defined by players (they come and go on a whim); your club isn’t defined by management/ownership (managers are fired, and clubs are bought and sold); your club isn’t even defined by style and tactics (managers will changes these, and tactics naturally change over time)… So, what defines YOUR club? Why not color and badge? It’s one of the most consistent aspects of a club over the years. Of course it’s not the color or the symbol (bird, lion, etc.) itself that matters. It’s the feeling and the history that they represent. Without those, the club has no heart, no connection to its supporters. You can’t tell me that doesn’t matter.

In my view, the new ownership of Cardiff City have sterilized the club. Much like fine wines, clubs get better with age (history). To remove that connection is to remove much of what makes Cardiff special. What is truly sad about these events is that they didn’t need to do it… These changes didn’t affect anything on the pitch. They would’ve gotten promoted this season whether they wore blue, red, green or pink. For me, it’s far too steep a price to pay for an aesthetic change to please one man.

ynwa wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:hell, I am thinking of walking away from football and the game if our owners keep focusing on chasing Sponsors and dismissing trophies and traditions, renaming everything....that'd be too much.

The only thing they've done "wrong" was sacking the King.

They're supposed to be chasing sponsers. You can't blame them for doing their job. They need to bring in money. They havn't really dismissed trophies, have they? They've spent over 150m pounds on players since 2011 to help the cause... it's not they're fault that Commolli, and to an extent Rodgers spent majority on average joes / players not needed.

Thank you, YNWA. Someone needed to talk some sense, here. I may disagree with the finer points (Kenny, Rodgers, etc.), but this is not the place to have that discussion. The point is that these owners are stuck trying to untangle the mess that the club was in when they bought it. An unfortunate reality of modern football is that the commercial aspects are vitally important. Without good financial management, there is no hope for success. To argue otherwise is naïve and shortsighted. To say that you’re ready to walk away from football due to the management of LFC in the last 2 years… Well, that’s a bit like saying you want to get out of a burning building after it’s burned down and the construction crew is already pouring the foundation for the next structure.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Martin Tyler said this joke:

Cardiff third Welsh team in the EPL, alongside Swansea and Gareth Bale.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Not sure if I would be happy with that bloke as a owner, fair play he has financed them into the premier league but he is disconnecting allot of fans.

Promoting the club is all well and good when done in the right manner but there are some things that should be left alone.

I found it quite insulting to Cardiff fans when they secured promotion and he said "this is my contribution to Malaysia". Not to Cardiff, Wales or their fans who have supported them for years. A country thousands of miles away.

He might succeed in getting a few Malaysians to take an interest in the team but if he continues to pull the stunts he has he will alienate allot of Welsh supporters.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2