Juventude
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern Empty Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has two team selection issues to resolve ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League tie against Bayern Munich.

The Old Lady will entertain the German giants in Turin with the aim of overturning their 2-0 first leg quarter-final reverse.

Conte will be without the suspended Stephan Lichtsteiner and Arturo Vidal, while Sebastian Giovcino is a doubt after picking up an injury in the win over Pescara.

While Paul Pogba will replace Vidal in central midfield, Conte will have to decide whom to select in the right wing-back role.

Simone Padoin is the current favourite ahead of Mauricio Isla and Martin Caceres, given that the first has struggled for form and the second hasn’t featured recently because of his involvement in a car crash.

The other doubt that Conte has is with regards to whom will partner Mirko Vucinic in attack. Fabio Quagliarella should get the green light ahead of Alessandro Matri.

Juventus possible: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Padoin, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Quagliarella
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern Empty Re: Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

We can't put padoin up against Ribery and Alaba ffs, Please Caceres or Isla ffs man.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern Empty Re: Two doubts for Juventus XI v Bayern

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:We can't put padoin up against Ribery and Alaba ffs, Please Caceres or Isla ffs man.

Caceres isn't fully ready after that car crush
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Man, this stinks. We got pounded in the first match and we're actually putting out a worse squad on the pitch for the second leg. I wish that we could figure out a way to start Giaccherini, but it just doesn't seem possible.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Juventude wrote:Man, this stinks. We got pounded in the first match and we're actually putting out a worse squad on the pitch for the second leg. I wish that we could figure out a way to start Giaccherini, but it just doesn't seem possible.

Actually he'd be the only logical choice. I dont really know whats going on with Isla, but I'd rather play Giach than Padoin. We're going to have to attack, and Padoin is non existent when it comes to that.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:08 pm

I just wish Caceres was fit
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:23 pm

No no no play Motta play Krasic hell recall Zebina. Get anyone but that scrub Padoin.............
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't really have an issue with Padoin, but he just doesn't offer much going forward with the ball in attack and we need goals. His defense is fine. The problem is that we don't really have a back-up player with the flexibility to take on the defensive duties of the RWB position when Caceres is out. I'd like to see Giaccherini on the field, but not as a RWB/RW. Giaccherini can't handle defending Bayern's attack from the wings. If Giaccherini gets to play, I'd rather see him play as a SS.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

padoin isnt good enough to play against atalanta, i want giacherini because he runs a lot and shoots and makes the defenders unstable.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Juventude wrote:I don't really have an issue with Padoin, but he just doesn't offer much going forward with the ball in attack and we need goals. His defense is fine. The problem is that we don't really have a back-up player with the flexibility to take on the defensive duties of the RWB position when Caceres is out. I'd like to see Giaccherini on the field, but not as a RWB/RW. Giaccherini can't handle defending Bayern's attack from the wings. If Giaccherini gets to play, I'd rather see him play as a SS.

Where is Pepe Sad when you need him Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

------------Bonucci----Barzagli ---- Chiellini----
---Peluso----Pogba----Pirlo---Marchisio----Asamoah---
--------------------Vucinic-------Matri-------

IF I was conte I would go with

---Isla-----Bonucci----BArzagli----Chiellini--
------------Porgba----Pirlo----Marchisio---
---------------Quagli/Anelka---Matri----Vucinic--

I would evne think of subbing Pirlo for Asamoah so we can press and run more in midfield
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

DeviAngel wrote:------------Bonucci----Barzagli ---- Chiellini----

I would evne think of subbing Pirlo for Asamoah so we can press and run more in midfield

yeah that can work, but i dont want to see matri
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 pm

an attack with Anelka --- Quagli--- Vucinic can create havoc but I Quagliarella was so bad agianst Bayern that I don't even wanna think about that game...

hmm

---------Giaccherini ----- Anelka----- Vucinic -------

now that seems lieka good choice
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 pm

It's time to play Isla!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 pm

I would normally say a 4-3-3 would be better, but with Gio injured and Lichsteiner suspended, it doesnt really matter what formation we play in my opinion.We need to play offensive minded football either way, but still be stable in defense. I would like something like these, depending on formation:

--Buffon--
--Asamoah-- --Barzagli-- --Bonucci-- --Chiellini--
--Pogba-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio--
--Giaccherini-- --Matri-- --Vucinic--

Matri goes over Quags in this formation simply because hes bigger, stronger, and better in the air. Asamoah is dominantly left footed but would still be a better option than Padoin or Isla.

Or:

--Buffon--
--Barzagli-- --Bonucci-- --Chiellini--
--Giaccherini-- --Pogba-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio-- --Asamoah--
--Quagliarella-- --Vucinic--

Quags starts over Matri here because hes done better in this formation and is much better at link up play. Giaccherini might not be as strong as Isla for example defensively, but offers much more in attack, and his trickery and dribbling could
cause some havoc.

Forza Juve!
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 am

i would put myself before Scruboin on the wing

Isla or Caceres pleaseee
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:11 am

on a side note, has Juventus EVER done anything of noticing playing 4-3-3? at least 1 particular game?

i rest my case

if it were up to me, Juventus 2nd formation would be 4-2-3-1
Buffon // Caceres - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini // Pirlo - Vidal // Asamoah - Marchisio - Isla // Vucinic

BOOM
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 am

djfawnz wrote:on a side note, has Juventus EVER done anything of noticing playing 4-3-3? at least 1 particular game?

i rest my case

if it were up to me, Juventus 2nd formation would be 4-2-3-1
Buffon // Caceres - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini // Pirlo - Vidal // Asamoah - Marchisio - Isla // Vucinic

BOOM

Pirlo in 2 man midfield will be suicide he needs to cover and run as much as vidal ... Marchisio - Vidal is the midfield if we are going with that formation, and with so many creators and wings Matri would be the better ST and Vuinic the LW

it would be like Buffon// caceres bonucci barzagli chiellini // Vidal Marchisio // Vucinic Giaccherini Isla // Matri
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 am

nah dude cuz Pirlo would play in front of the defense as a deep lying playmaker, with Vidal doin the defensive midfield work. Marchisio would do all the running playing behind the striker in a true box to box midfielder, adding to the attack and defense. the true attacking trio would be vucinic isla and asamoah.

Although, i would try vucinic - marchisio - asamoah // matri
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:59 am

djfawnz wrote:nah dude cuz Pirlo would play in front of the defense as a deep lying playmaker, with Vidal doin the defensive midfield work. Marchisio would do all the running playing behind the striker in a true box to box midfielder, adding to the attack and defense. the true attacking trio would be vucinic isla and asamoah.

Although, i would try vucinic - marchisio - asamoah // matri

still that leaves a big whole with pirlo as dlp Vidal will have to cover to damn much on his own Marchisio needs to be the AM in that formation and the Am doesn't have that kind of duties plus it will burn him out in 50'. Giacchierini is the only true AM we have
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 am

This is Conte we're talking about. Don't expect any drastic changes. He'll go with this most probably

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Isla Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah
Quagliarella
Vucinic

Besides, if he was considering of starting with Caceres he would of given him playing time vs Pescara.

Next season Isla will be like a new signing for us. Once he has a proper and injury free pre-season with Conte, the guy will be once again one of the best in Italy if not Europe at his position. Just like the Isla we all admired at Udinese. I agree with the poster above, a fit Pepe would be just perfect for this game but a fit Isla would be sensational...

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 am

Andrew_p wrote:This is Conte we're talking about. Don't expect any drastic changes. He'll go with this most probably

Buffon
Isla Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah
Quagliarella
Vucinic

Besides, if he was considering of starting with Caceres he would of given him playing time vs Pescara.

Next season Isla will be like a new signing for us. Once he has a proper and injury free pre-season with Conte, the guy will be once again one of the best in Italy if not Europe at his position. Just like the Isla we all admired at Udinese. I agree with the poster above, a fit Pepe would be just perfect for this game but a fit Isla would be sensational...

Isla inform is beast of a player I am willing to give him another season, he is not weak he is just not suied and most important not yet recovered. In situations like this tbh I miss estigaribbia but Pepe gives us another dimension in things he is warrior he is like I dunno additional soul to our team ... damn we miss him so much this season
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dario Altafini Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 am

I think for the game against Munich, Juve would do good to line-up like this.

Buffon
Pirlo
Isla Pogba Marchisio Asamoah
Giaccherini
Vucinic

Giaccherini's pace would trouble the Munich defence more than what Quagliarella could do, just my opinion and also i think he would link up better with Vucinic then Quagliarella.

Dario Altafini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dario Altafini Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 am

I think Conte is going to start with Quagliarella and Vucinic up front because i have just read an article stating that if Juve and Munich go to penalties, Juve's spot kick takers will be Vucinic, Quagliarella, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Barzagli and Bonucci,

Dario Altafini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 pm

DeviAngel wrote:------------Bonucci----Barzagli ---- Chiellini----

that 4-3-3 looks good but the players don't really have experience with 4-3-3 formation so I would not change I would stand on that 3-5-2 or whatever it is, that JUVENTUS played always in SERIE A

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next