Install the skinReturn to the skin page

A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern?

+3
DeviAngel
Adrian0911
Juventude
7 posters

Go down

A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern? Empty A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern?

Post by Juventude 1/4/2013, 15:32

Juventus boss Antonio Conte is considering the use of a 3-5-1-1 system at Bayern Munich on Tuesday, claims La Stampa.

Conte has repeatedly used a 3-5-2 this season, but he’s reportedly thinking about fielding just one striker in the Champions League quarter-final first leg tie.

Mirko Vucinic is being tipped to start after recovering from a fever which saw him ruled out of the 2-1 win at Inter.

The modification will come with Paul Pogba replacing Claudio Marchisio in midfield, allowing the latter to take up a more advanced role.

Boss Antonio Conte is scheduled to meet with the media later today ahead of tomorrow’s clash at the Allianz Arena.

Possible line-ups – Bayern: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger; Ribery, Kroos, Robben; Mandzukic.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Peluso; Marchisio; Vucinic.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern? Empty Re: A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern?

Post by Juventude 1/4/2013, 15:39

This formation is an excellent idea. In order to counter Bayern's attack, we will need a lot of midfielders that will help us maintain possession. The only player I would think about substituting is Peluso. I think Asamoah will give Robben and the right side of the attack more trouble than Peluso.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 1/4/2013, 18:11

as it's an away game...we should attack..not defend...
when you play away...it's important to at least score...playing 6 midfielders would make vucinic's night a nightmare.

marchisio while brilliant and versatile..and even a good finisher...lacks the knowledge of a striker...like dragging defenders to make space and many others.

i say put matri and vuci together to keep their defenders and a midfielder occupied and play the usual MVP in the middle with Asamoah and Licht.
Pogba and Quags can be the game changing subs..if given enough time (and not 10 mins like Conte usually does)....and even Anelka.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 1/4/2013, 18:20

Conte said today that Vucinic had training just know, he said he is ready but Conte said he is in doubt .... Who will be first choice now? I would like it to be Anelka
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude 1/4/2013, 18:33

Adrian0911 wrote:as it's an away game...we should attack..not defend...
when you play away...it's important to at least score...playing 6 midfielders would make vucinic's night a nightmare.

marchisio while brilliant and versatile..and even a good finisher...lacks the knowledge of a striker...like dragging defenders to make space and many others.

i say put matri and vuci together to keep their defenders and a midfielder occupied and play the usual MVP in the middle with Asamoah and Licht.
Pogba and Quags can be the game changing subs..if given enough time (and not 10 mins like Conte usually does)....and even Anelka.

I disagree. I think that, in order to attack, we will need possession. In order to get possession against a strong attacking team like Bayern we need a strong midfield attack. Bayern is too good in attack for us to line up a formation similar to their own that has two strikers. Plus, many of our goals already come from our midfield because of our unique style of play. I fear that, if we put Matri and Quags out there, Bayern will maintain possession and we will be the ones defending most of the game and relying on counter attacks. If we want to avoid having to defend, we need a deep midfield.

Also, I disagree with your points about Marchisio. He is a very smart player and he has played very well in a CAM/SS role during the second halves of games. Conte has been adjusting him to this position over the past couple months.

We do need to attack to win, but I think you have to be open minded about how we will attack. This move does not mean we will be trying to defend to win.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 1/4/2013, 19:02

Juventude wrote:
Adrian0911 wrote:as it's an away game...we should attack..not defend...

I disagree. I think that, in order to attack, we will need possession. In order to get possession against a strong attacking team like Bayern we need a strong midfield attack. Bayern is too good in attack for us to line up a formation similar to their own. Plus, many of our goals already come from our midfield because of our unique style of play. I fear that, if we put Matri and Quags out there, Bayern will maintain possession and we will be the ones defending most of the game. If we want to avoid having to defend, we need a deep midfield.

Also, I disagree with your points about Marchisio. He is a very smart player and he has played very well in a CAM/SS role during the second halves of games. Conte has been adjusting him to this position over the past couple months.

We do need to attack to win, but I think you have to be open minded about how we will attack. This move does not mean we will be trying to defend to win.

in my view "attacking is the best defense"...only one striker up there will render our attack useless.
everytime conte subs pogba for a striker i wanna pull my eyes out. every time we end up defending the last 15 mins and cripple our attack.
while it works to preserve energy for next games and to keep the score against chievo's, catania's and inter's...we won't survive 90 mins of bayern like that..no way in hell.
marchisio as he is a hard-working player will end up dropping deep to get the ball..the striker will be alone...and then will get stuck playing deep to help regain balls. when he gets it back...the striker will have to be able to hold possession until help comes on his own against 2-3 opposite players. none of our striker are really masters in doing that...even though they showed some glipses from time to time.

and our midfielders score because there are usually 2 strikers that create space dragging defenders with them..and making clever dummy moves or first touch passes.
asamoah and licht will have to keep lahm, alaba, ribery and robben at bay..they will have very little chance of going forward..so the lone striker will have very little service and space to use the service he gets.
we need to be clinical as we can all agree 70% of the time we will either defend or fight to get possession.
every shot must count...and we need strikers for that.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy 1/4/2013, 19:09

if anelka sees the field in this game, I am going to throw my TV out the window
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude 1/4/2013, 19:09

You can't compare how we play in the last 15 minutes to this formation. For one, in the last 15 minutes, the opposing team has sent most of its players forward, which is different from the previous 75 minutes. Juventus wins through possession by its midfield. We don't win because our two strikers are dominant. To me, this will allow us to implement our style of play against a team where we are a disadvantage in most of the head-to-head matchups. I see your argument, but I think it's a poor comparision to point out how we play in the last 15 minutes of a game we're winning as a model for how this formation would work against Bayern.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz 1/4/2013, 20:11

im not a firm believer of the 3-5-1-1, i just hope we win!

on a side note, Anelka will finish the season on the bench
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 1/4/2013, 21:47

we go with

A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern? 531915_451703481570698_1531850784_n

Conte said he doesn't give up from his philosophy and that Juve will play the game that is played always
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 1/4/2013, 22:16

Juventude wrote:You can't compare how we play in the last 15 minutes to this formation. For one, in the last 15 minutes, the opposing team has sent most of its players forward, which is different from the previous 75 minutes. Juventus wins through possession by its midfield. We don't win because our two strikers are dominant. To me, this will allow us to implement our style of play against a team where we are a disadvantage in most of the head-to-head matchups. I see your argument, but I think it's a poor comparision to point out how we play in the last 15 minutes of a game we're winning as a model for how this formation would work against Bayern.

that is true...possession, pressing and unity are some of our best features.
but we need 2 strikers to get that goal...and to create that attacking presence that would get that service provided by the possession and score those away goals...or make room for midfielders..or win free kicks/corners for defenders to score.
MVP can manage to get that possession.
our strikers are not 20+/season kind of strikers and are not even consistent...we cannot risk that the one on the field to have a bad day at the office.

all i'm afraid that in a 3-5-1-1(3-6-1) we will be like celtic in the first tie...have most possession but do nothing with it...
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 1/4/2013, 22:20

DeviAngel wrote:we go with

A 3-5-1-1 for Juventus at Bayern? 531915_451703481570698_1531850784_n

Conte said he doesn't give up from his philosophy and that Juve will play the game that is played always

man..i really hope peluso is not on the field.
he can manage to keep maggio or izco at bay...but robben is a different class. asamoah MUST start.
if peluso plays..it's clear we will adopt a tactic like in celtic first-leg
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 1/4/2013, 22:53

Peluso so far after January offered more threat to the opposition than Asamoah has ( since January) !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy 2/4/2013, 00:33

but are we looking for an attacking option on the left, or someone to keep their winger quiet? Keep in mind, they switch sides all the time, so Peluso AND Lichtsteiner will have to be ready for either player on the wings.

Also, look at it like this. This could be the match where he shows the world he aint no scrub Twisted Evil
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz 2/4/2013, 05:29

deviangel, sometimes you can be a lil bit delusional. Asamoah at most has had 2 bad games, where as Peluso has maybe been above decent at most.

Peluso on bench, Asamoah to start please....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 2/4/2013, 05:41

djfawnz wrote:deviangel, sometimes you can be a lil bit delusional. Asamoah at most has had 2 bad games, where as Peluso has maybe been above decent at most.

Peluso on bench, Asamoah to start please....

I am dictator remember ?

2 bad games ? All second half of the season he has been bad not just 2 games . No one said that Peluso is world class, but right now he is doing a better job and Conte always plays the most ready players so Asa needs time to be Asa again he didn't even had a proper rest...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S 2/4/2013, 06:04

I agree with Devi.Peluso has done better than Asamoah since arriving here.He's definitely been better in an attacking sense than Asamoah.

But imo what i dont like about Peluso he's too rash with his tackles sometimes,he's literally like a red card waiting to happen and since he would be coming up against Mueller on his flank who has a tendency to go down at the slightest of contact i would prefer to play the defensively stable Asamoah instead of him even if he has been a bit short in his attacking game in the past few months.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel 2/4/2013, 08:37

Surag wrote:I agree with Devi.Peluso has done better than Asamoah since arriving here.He's definitely been better in an attacking sense than Asamoah.

But imo what i dont like about Peluso he's too rash with his tackles sometimes,he's literally like a red card waiting to happen and since he would be coming up against Mueller on his flank who has a tendency to go down at the slightest of contact i would prefer to play the defensively stable Asamoah instead of him even if he has been a bit short in his attacking game in the past few months.

He seems like Caceres under Ciro loong ago .... hope it won't end up like that bayern game
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail 2/4/2013, 11:50

I trust Conte

All we need is to scare bayern, if we are able to keep the ball create chances and not even score the first 15 minutes we have the game in our bag

but if bayern start on the front foot, there is no guarantee to anything

We need to send the first attacking threat no matter what formation we play. That is what will change everything. Because Matri does and will waste chances, that does not matter as we will eventually score

my formation

Lich Pogba Pirlo vidal Asamoah
Marchisio
Matri

Vucinic will be useless alone up top

if we are playing 361 Matri up top

352 Vucinic and Matri whatever the formation we need Matri harrasing their defense

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail 2/4/2013, 11:59

And plus what good teams has bayern played against?

Has bayern played anything near

Buffon Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini?

No way near

We need to send the first threat, that is all

3-6-1 with Vucinic is not the way to go

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down