Zealous
Rebaño Sagrado
Swanhends
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

USA vs Mexico - Page 5 Empty Re: USA vs Mexico

Post by Catracho Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:43 am

Mexico unlucky to win.. not shocked.. as the game wore on.. I was thinking to myself "Jamaica game all over again" Mexico didn't know what to do.. disorganized in the attack.. and couldn't fully break down the US due to their organized back line wall.

idk how I feel about this.. Mexico will clearly need points on road now.. their next games are against Jamaica in Di Office, Panama in El Rommell Fernandez, y Los Ticos en El Azteca. Mexico hasn't had the best of times in Caribbean soil, losing in Kingston last cycle 1-0 to a Ricardo Fuller goal, now Jamaica is a bit better and poised to make their home games count after giving up a point to Los Canaleros, while playing in Panama is dreadful as I saw today, they have a wet fast pitch which looked poorly kept with mud blotches all over plus Panama is no push-over, and haven't loss yet in The Hex. Panama has greatly improved and will give Mexico similar head-aches Honduras gave them in San Pedro Sula. Costa Rica the last team to beat Mexico in Azteca in World Cup Qualifying snatched a point in Panama, and don't look bad what so ever. Mexico dropping point at home, can it be that Los Ticos snatch points again in Mexico City?? time will tell, but their summer schedule is brutal.

They'll have 3 game in a time span of like.. a week before they head off to Brazil to play the Confederations Cup.. Things are just heating up.

Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 am

I Have Mono wrote:Chicharito always chokes against the U.S.
ronalessi wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:19 shots to 1. good lord.

hahaha Proud

Only 3 on target though. That's like 15% accuracy. Laughing

F*ck accuracy. Up Mexico!
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:59 am

Donuts wrote:doesn't matter which stadium you play in, everywhere in US the stadium will be fully green so idk how that would matter lol

Not in Columbus, KC, Denver, or Seattle
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Donuts wrote:doesn't matter which stadium you play in, everywhere in US the stadium will be fully green so idk how that would matter lol

That may well have been true 5 or so years ago but trends have shifted significantly in recent times. More of the hispanic population within the US is identifying with the US Nats and more of the non-Hispanic population has developed an interest in how the national side performs and become supporters. Even those who do not follow club sport will pay to see the national team play.

The times, they are a'changin.

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Meh, Mexico can't even fill a full section in Florida. FLORIDA. If we played you in the Southwest or California, it would basically be a home game unless they allowed the US Soccer Federation to control the flow of tickets (which is what they should do).
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Why do mexicans born in america support mexico Suspect really weird

I know this is hypocritical but :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

Motogp69 wrote:Meh, Mexico can't even fill a full section in Florida. FLORIDA. If we played you in the Southwest or California, it would basically be a home game unless they allowed the US Soccer Federation to control the flow of tickets (which is what they should do).
Mexico vs Columbia in Miami FL set a new record for most filled stadium in football event or as USA calls it Soccer.
neither of which are USA :coffee:
USA just doesn't have enough support for the game, you can keep saying that if games were played in Seattle or whatever we'd just see a very dead stadium with maybe a half filled seats.

Last edited by Donuts on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:45 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Why do mexicans born in america support mexico Suspect really weird

do someone really need to answer this? smh
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 am

Donuts wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:Meh, Mexico can't even fill a full section in Florida. FLORIDA. If we played you in the Southwest or California, it would basically be a home game unless they allowed the US Soccer Federation to control the flow of tickets (which is what they should do).
Mexico vs Columbia in Miami FL set a new record for most filled stadium in football event or as USA calls it Soccer.

Colombia**

Rolling Eyes
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 am

Catracho wrote:
Donuts wrote:

Colombia**

Rolling Eyes
my phone's auto correct goes crazy sometimes
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 am

Donuts wrote:
USA just doesn't have enough support for the game, you can keep saying that if games were played in Seattle or whatever we'd just see a very dead stadium with maybe a half filled seats.

Seattle sell out just about every MLS match, let alone USMNT. Denver sold out it's stadium and the the stadium stayed full despite blizzard conditions. You're wrong, pure and simply
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:19 am

Motogp69 wrote:The US were the better team tactically all night long forcing Mexico off their game, and disrupting them in the final third.

Even better, we finally got a call from a CONCACAF official on a clear penalty. I hope they can give retro-active cards for ChicaDorito's dive in the first half.

So happy for the team and the point. Should of walked out of there with 3 points, but a draw is a win in my book.

Lulz

Mexico were clearly better. We looked miles more dangerous, and if not for poor finishing we would have won comfortably. We still played like like shit tho. Had no creativity upfront. We play miles better on the counter, and always struggle when we have to actually break teams down.

rofl

Betty La Fea wrote:Pretty sad match in all honesty by 2 scared sides.

Mexico was absolutely terrified of what Dempsey MIGHT do, hence they had a midfielder(salcido) who was practically useless the entire match seeing as US didnt attack. Chepo waited too long to make his changes.

rofl

Yes Salcido only started cuz Chepo's scared of Dempsey rofl Salcido has been starting for the national team for years. Chepo did not change the team in anyway to stop what Dempsey MIGHT do....

And yeah the ref made a bad a call on the pen, but I'm not going to cry and claim the whole CONCACAF is against us. The refs in CONCACAF are just garbage.

Disappointing night to say the least.....
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Why do mexicans born in america support mexico Suspect really weird

Really depends on the region and how much "immigration", as an issue, is on the forefront of their minds. There is no way to escape the issue in the West and Southwest because they are faced with the reality of the issue every day. For these Mexican-Americans why would you play for a country that resents you?

We have lost an entire generation of Mexican-American football players due to this hate...It's really unfortunate.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:The US were the better team tactically all night long forcing Mexico off their game, and disrupting them in the final third.

Even better, we finally got a call from a CONCACAF official on a clear penalty. I hope they can give retro-active cards for ChicaDorito's dive in the first half.

So happy for the team and the point. Should of walked out of there with 3 points, but a draw is a win in my book.

Lulz

Mexico were clearly better. We looked miles more dangerous, and if not for poor finishing we would have won comfortably. We still played like like shit tho. Had no creativity upfront. We play miles better on the counter, and always struggle when we have to actually break teams down.

rofl

Mexico was absolutely terrified of what Dempsey MIGHT do, hence they had a midfielder(salcido) who was practically useless the entire match seeing as US didnt attack. Chepo waited too long to make his changes.

rofl

Yes Salcido only started cuz Chepo's scared of Dempsey rofl Salcido has been starting for the national team for years. Chepo did not change the team in anyway to stop what Dempsey MIGHT do....

And yeah the ref made a bad a call on the pen, but I'm not going to cry and claim the whole CONCACAF is against us. The refs in CONCACAF are just garbage.

We dictated were you played and how you played, and when you were able to get into the final third we disrupted you there as well. If you think being able to attack and maintain possession equals a tactical victory, than you really weren't paying attention to what the US was trying to accomplish.

We were essentially able to take Dos Santos and Little Pea out of the game. Think of how many times Little Pea had to come out past midfield to even get a touch on the ball. Think how many times we were able to prevent the Dos Santos pivot. You tried to take advantage of Beasley early, but even that dried up once he settled in.

For me, while it was a flawless execution of an excellent game plan (intended to get out of Azteca with a draw), in reality we showed El Tri entirely to much respect. The US, should realize that this was a lost opportunity to get 3 points in a hostile environment.

First, Mexico couldn't break down the US defense in the attacking third. Second, once the US moved away from the long ball and actually set up some nice 1-2 touch passing they were able to put Mexico on their heels. I'm not sure why when this was obviously working they went back into a defensive shell and an offensive game that largely consisted of useless long balls. It was obvious Mexico had no answer for the US when they went it to a more possession based style, but I think that is part of the larger issue of what exactly is our "style" under Jurgen.

The US should of walked out with 3 points, but a point at Azteca was the ultimate goal, and it was accomplished flawlessly.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:57 am

Oh, and I'm not going to be a fan-boy and say that wasn't a penalty. Mexico should of been awarded one for the Edu foul, but the one early on Little Pea was a classless dive.

For our American fans I have a follow up question: do you think we need to embrace the dark arts of football that Mexico is so good at? Personally, I prefer to at least try and win without cheating, but we have been on the losing end a few times due to our lack of gamesmanship.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 am

So um yeah, Klinsmann came to this match looking for a point and he got it. That Penalty on Reyna should've been called. Really bad luck for the Mex NT. That makes 4 points swindled.

OG, mah man, had an incredible match and so did Besler, Beasley, Bradley, and Zusi.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 am

Motogp69 wrote:Oh, and I'm not going to be a fan-boy and say that wasn't a penalty. Mexico should of been awarded one for the Edu foul, but the one early on Little Pea was a classless dive.

For our American fans I have a follow up question: do you think we need to embrace the dark arts of football that Mexico is so good at? Personally, I prefer to at least try and win without cheating, but we have been on the losing end a few times due to our lack of gamesmanship.

No

When people see america.. it should be a team that plays clean, has great sportsmanship, and is hardworking. That's what we're about. It's literally in our identity.

However, the team is playing in a shell, that much is obvious. I mean, respect to mexico they played some nice passing moves, but I fully believe the us can do some nice passing as well. We need to get the inferiority complex when we face good passing teams, because we aren't bad ourselves.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:05 am

Nothing wrong with playing smart, Giggity. I, at least, prefer for USA to play with Intelligence.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 am

Motogp69 wrote:

Really depends on the region and how much "immigration", as an issue, is on the forefront of their minds. There is no way to escape the issue in the West and Southwest because they are faced with the reality of the issue every day. For these Mexican-Americans why would you play for a country that resents you?

We have lost an entire generation of Mexican-American football players due to this hate...It's really unfortunate.

what are you saying...
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 am

Motogp69 wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Lulz

rofl

rofl

We dictated were you played and how you played, and when you were able to get into the final third we disrupted you there as well. If you think being able to attack and maintain possession equals a tactical victory, than you really weren't paying attention to what the US was trying to accomplish.

We were essentially able to take Dos Santos and Little Pea out of the game. Think of how many times Little Pea had to come out past midfield to even get a touch on the ball. Think how many times we were able to prevent the Dos Santos pivot. You tried to take advantage of Beasley early, but even that dried up once he settled in.

For me, while it was a flawless execution of an excellent game plan (intended to get out of Azteca with a draw), in reality we showed El Tri entirely to much respect. The US, should realize that this was a lost opportunity to get 3 points in a hostile environment.

First, Mexico couldn't break down the US defense in the attacking third. Second, once the US moved away from the long ball and actually set up some nice 1-2 touch passing they were able to put Mexico on their heels. I'm not sure why when this was obviously working they went back into a defensive shell and an offensive game that largely consisted of useless long balls. It was obvious Mexico had no answer for the US when they went it to a more possession based style, but I think that is part of the larger issue of what exactly is our "style" under Jurgen.

The US should of walked out with 3 points, but a point at Azteca was the ultimate goal, and it was accomplished flawlessly.

rofl rofl rofl this is wow... I don't even... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 am

Catracho wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Lulz

rofl

rofl

rofl rofl rofl this is wow... I don't even... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Except it is almost all true.
In the 4-2 gold cup loss to Mexico in 2011 they only crossed the ball like 10 or 11 times.
In the 1-0 win in Azteca in 2012 Mexico had something like 35 crosses.
I would love to see how many crosses Mexico had in this game because it was a lot more than 10.

Therefore it's pretty clear that the United States gameplan against Mexico is to force the ball out wide and to have Mexico cross which obviously works very good for the U.S. being that they have shut out Mexico twice in a row in Azteca

Goalkeeping also had next to nothing to do with either shut out in Azteca. In both games Howard and Guzan only needed to make 3 saves each.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 am

I Have Mono wrote:
In the 4-2 gold cup loss to Mexico in 2011 they only crossed the ball like 10 or 11 times.
I would love to see how many crosses Mexico had in this game because it was a lot more than 10.

Therefore it's pretty clear that the United States gameplan against Mexico is to force the ball out wide and to have Mexico cross which obviously works very good for the U.S. being that they have shut out Mexico twice in a row in Azteca

Goalkeeping also had next to nothing to do with either shut out in Azteca. In both games Howard and Guzan only needed to make 3 saves each.
Or maybe just bad finishing from Mexico?
a big chunk of Mexico's goals come from headers, whether it's a corner, free kick or cross.

and how can someone in this world conclude USA dominated when they has 1 shot the whole match, Ochoa barely got challenged unless you consider a draw domination then sure...
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 am

Donuts wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

a big chunk of Mexico's goals come from headers, whether it's a corner, free kick or cross.

and how can someone in this world conclude USA dominated when they has 1 shot the whole match, Ochoa barely got challenged unless you consider a draw domination then sure...

No where did I say the United States dominated Mexico. All I pointed out was that the United States has a very effective gameplan when they play against Mexico which is to force them to cross and has helped the shut Mexico out twice in a row at the Azteca.

I'm sure Mexico scores plenty of goals via crossing and free kicks against other teams that have even smaller players then Mexico. I mean I watched chicharito score two goals against Honduras off a cross and a free kick. It just isn't going to be very effective against the United States.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 am

I Have Mono wrote:
Donuts wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

No where did I say the United States dominated Mexico. All I pointed out was that the United States has a very effective gameplan when they play against Mexico which is to force them to cross and has helped the shut Mexico out twice in a row at the Azteca.

I'm sure Mexico scores plenty of goals via crossing and free kicks against other teams that have even smaller players then Mexico. I mean I watched chicharito score two goals against Honduras off a cross and a free kick. It just isn't going to be very effective against the United States.

how so?? Bernardez and Figueroa are both taller than Chicharito??? Idk why US fans don't accept the fact that luck was on their side lol. Chicharito missed 2-3 clear headers at goal that were similar to the one he bagged in San Pedro Sula.. USA were not a good team, nor showed any flashes they they deserved nor were even challenging for the three points.. looked like typical bunker ball to me. Stats support this statement. USA happy about a 0-0 win..err I mean draw.

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 am

Laughing Because Bernardez and Figurora were both marking chicharito on the free kick and not Zavala, Moreno or Maza.
Or we're you referring to the low cross chicharito scored on from Guardado ?

Chicharito hasn't scored against the US for 6 games. Laughing poor finishing. It's by design not because of poor finishing.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 am

Motogp69 wrote:

Ehh, I understand your sentiment here, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

The wonderful thing about sports, any sport, is that all it takes are good performances to turn the crowd in your favor. Everyone (those with common sense anyway) knows that guys like Michael Orozco and Jose Torres are legal US citizens and that they give their all for the Nats when given the chance to play with them. That's really all that should matter to these guys. They let their football do the talking and the fans will come around. Luckily though, most USA fans (the true ones) are rather progressive and liberal anyway so it's not like these guys will be heckled by anti-immigration conservatives as a football matches. Those idiots see this sport as an immigrant sport anyway and such couldn't be arsed to show up. So really it shouldn't be all that bad for these guys, but something tells me that its the treatment they get off the football pitch that likely influences their decisions more often than not.

Motogp69 wrote:Oh, and I'm not going to be a fan-boy and say that wasn't a penalty. Mexico should of been awarded one for the Edu foul, but the one early on Little Pea was a classless dive.

USA are doing just fine without resorting to such an avenue imo. I think we have some clearly talented enough players that with a better mentality, we might well have had more chances in a game like that. We went to that stadium to play like one of the provincial Serie A sides I see come to Rome with the idea of gritty defending and the erswhile counter attack only to get smashed. If USA want to get in with the big boys, that type of small club mentality isn't going to work against sides like Mexico.

I understand it though. This is a results business after all. As something of a footballing purist, I frankly would've preferred we had attacked more and lose though instead of parking the bus for a point. That's just me though and that's probably why I support a club like Roma Laughing

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next