TheRedStag
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
Nishankly
Art Morte
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North Empty Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

By this time tomorrow we will be playing Southampton, a club that's very much battling relegation. They've gotten just two wins out of their last 10 games, but the latest of them was their 3 - 1 triumph over Manchester City. We, on the other hand, are on a three game win streak in the league.

A few things I'm expecting from this game:

- Both teams to score. Lambert for them after our defensive mistake and Coutinho to bag one for us. Hopefully a Pool player with the winning goal, too!

- Us to find it difficult in midfield if we start with the same XI as against Tottenham.

- Gleninho to step up his game.

- Suarez to get wrongly booked.

So bring on Satturday!

Last edited by Art Morte on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Apologies, but that was bothering me...)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North Empty Re: Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:19 pm

We have to start with 3 CM's and this game is ours.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North Empty Re: Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 pm

they press like mad, cut out the fancy passing at the back and we'll have a good chance to win

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Art change the thread title to something better. Preferable change Pool to Five Times European Champions. I like the sound of that and I think it brings luck.

Anyways you guys should know that we f*cking dominated that 1-0 win at home. We could've scored 4/5 goals but nothing went in. I still remember Suarez beautiful freekick that stuck the bar after which Agger scored a couple of seconds later. Shelvey also struck the post with an absolute thunderous shot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 am

I like Soton. They're a decent side and a likable side at that.

Still hope we trash them on Sat.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

LFC subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Henderson, Shelvey, Lucas, Suso, Ibe.

JORDAN IBE ON THE BENCH Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Lucas, Henderson on bench!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Gerrard and Allen as our two CMs while Lucas benched and Hendo there as well... Not sure that's very clever, but let's see how it works out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh Lord we are soooooooooo f*cking lucky it's 2-1
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm

cant understand Allen start because if he is slreadysuffering from injury, we should use him wisely. Sometimes he is looking uncomfortable

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Really don't know what made Rodgers think it'd be a good idea to go with Gerrard and Allen as our CM pair into an away game. The former hasn't got the legs to battle hard for midfield control and the latter simply shouldn't be anywhere near our first XI.

Southampton could be out of sight after the first half and we can consider ourselves lucky to go into the break just 2 - 1 down.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:52 pm

For me Rodgers deserves full blame for this first half. If we are going to play 4-4-1-1, LUCAS is an absolute MUST. Like expected Allen and Gerrard midfield got overrun.

Otherwise we are just shite all around. Imagine had Coutinho scored that 1-on-1, we would be tied right now Razz

God I can't even fathom how shite we've been.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 pm

guys the players are surely confused, for instance for the first goal we were pressing high and suddenly one soton player passes to another just 4 yards away and then gerrard n allen both back off.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

By the way Coutinho moving behind Sturridge transformed our attack. I just wish it was Suarez playing upfront and Sturridge on the left because Luis can make magic happen whereas DS is just not happening at the moment this game. He's been caught offside like 3/4 times (once incorrectly) which frustrating when you can't create shite and when you do that happens.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:01 pm

The main reason we got destroyed was because our midfield got overrun. Allen and Gerrard in midfielder together :facepalm: I can't believe how Rodgers thought that would be a good idea.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 pm

haha this is why we don't deserve top 4. BR screwed this nice and good
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Are we loosing balance to adjust suarez, sturridge and coutinho all at the same time !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm

sigh can anyone link me to the post match press conference when it comes out I wanna hear the excuses
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Suarez wtf are you doing.??WHY get a yellow in a situation that won't even get us shite. The game was long over already.

Luis can't get any more yellows in the next 3 matches. I'm sorry I can't see that, I'm pretty sure he'll get one somewhere idiotic.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Rodgers has had a shocker here.

We were absolutely hopeless in the first half thanks to our insufficient presence in midfield which should have been obvious before the game. The first two posts in this thread were calling for more midfield presence from the Hotspur game and we're just fans but it was obvious to us.

In second half it was painful to watch Suarez placed on the left flank to get excluded from the game. We actually made it easy for Southampton to keep Suarez in check by pushing him into oblivion to the left wing.

Also waiting until the last 10 minutes to make changes (apart from Lucas on for the abysmal Allen in half-time) when we needed fresh legs and ideas was totally baffling.

All in all a very sad performance from us. Suarez's incredible yellow a cherry on this cake.

Ps. Is it fatigue or what's the reason Johnson has lately looked less interested in getting forward than Jamie Carragher? For the first half of the season he was great at joining the attack but recently you've hardly seen him in opponent's half.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

we got fcked up in the first 35 min, Neutral

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Suarez needs to play the rest of the matches up front and Sturridge should accommodate him, not the other way around.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm

guys but with current combination we look completely off balance, we played far better in terms of midfield when we were playing with three proper midifielders. Specially we will struggle with sides like this where both gerrard and lucas/allen were completely under pressure all the time. They got never enough time to think to play free and with fluidity in the midfield area

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm a little hot headed right now. I'll reply in calm manner later on. Seriously disappointed right now. 2 steps forward, 1 back. Story of our season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Sad even i want to dis to myself or with BR Some scrubs from South v Red punishers from North 992865535

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum