Onyx
Zealous
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
48 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No its not. At Zidane and Iniesta both respective peaks, its pretty close to some people.

Cristiano and Ronaldo's isnt.

If you want to talk about career and titles and stuff like that thats different but I dont think anyone is talking about that, because Sir Alex wasnt.

Except people bring up titles and trophies when Iniesta is being compared to Zidane. Trophies are brought up when R9 is compared to the likes of Pele.

Talking far too general.

SOME people bring up titles and trophies...SOME people bring up level of play...SOME people bring up both.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Ok, so am I the only one who is going to point out that Sir Alex Ferguson never stated that Cristiano is better in the video interview and he also went on to say, "I think they were different types, of course."

I am not confused (and slightly upset) because it seems this thread was created based on a statement that was never made. Is the video that Zealous posted where those quotes from Marca came from?

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No its not. At Zidane and Iniesta both respective peaks, its pretty close to some people.

Cristiano and Ronaldo's isnt.

If you want to talk about career and titles and stuff like that thats different but I dont think anyone is talking about that, because Sir Alex wasnt.

Except people bring up titles and trophies when Iniesta is being compared to Zidane. Trophies are brought up when R9 is compared to the likes of Pele.

Talking far too general.

SOME people bring up titles and trophies...SOME people bring up level of play...SOME people bring up both.

Most people actually.

And THC I think you are right, but still it is nice to know what people think about the difference between CR7 and R9.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Ronaldo is better than Cristiano, but not by much. Why are people acting like Fergie is comparing Heskey to Pele.

When Cristiano has amazing stats, its just stats and we are being blinded by numbers. When Gerd Muller racks up stats and records he is one of the greatest CF's of all time. Dat hate and hypocrisy. Laughing

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Watching the interview he doesn't actually commit to whose better he just compliments the strengths of CR....

A lot of bitching about nothing :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

GL Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 Deceived
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Only took me 8 pages to realize why I avoid the General Section Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 2276801876

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 Tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:GL Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 6 Deceived

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:Oh and to put the "He disrespected Ronaldo by calling him fat" brigade at ease.

Seriously stop being butthurt.

LOL The fact Fergie thinks his peak was at Madrid should end this conversation. He clearly dont know what he is on about on this subject.
Of course he knows what he's fcking talking about..he nearly signed him mid 90s. Faced him at inter in 99 and at Madrid in 2003.
Deary me..
Sir Alex knows more about football than you do at anything, ever kid..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

cyber, why don't you stick do what you do best and ride off into the sunset...for good this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

cyberman wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:Oh and to put the "He disrespected Ronaldo by calling him fat" brigade at ease.

Seriously stop being butthurt.

LOL The fact Fergie thinks his peak was at Madrid should end this conversation. He clearly dont know what he is on about on this subject.
Of course he knows what he's fcking talking about..he nearly signed him mid 90s. Faced him at inter in 99 and at Madrid in 2003.
Deary me..
Sir Alex knows more about football than you do at anything, ever kid..

Is that right? Then how come he thinks Ronaldo's prime was with Madrid?

Fergie forgot more than I ever knew...hes still completely wrong.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Swanhends wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Ronaldo is better than Cristiano, but not by much. Why are people acting like Fergie is comparing Heskey to Pele.

When Cristiano has amazing stats, its just stats and we are being blinded by numbers. When Gerd Muller racks up stats and records he is one of the greatest CF's of all time. Dat hate and hypocrisy. Laughing

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Zealous wrote:I'd rather believe Fergie and Jose more than some scrubs on GL tbh hmm :coffee:

Spoiler:

Yes because they are not biased, right? 1 of them has only trained 1 of those guys and the other one has openly admitted that he changes his mind whether or not they are his current player. For example at Inter, Mou said that C.Ronaldo is NOT the best in the world, that both Messi AND Ibra were better than him. But once he became the Real Madrid manager, he completely change his mind and all of suddenly C.Ronaldo became the best..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:31 pm

futbol wrote:C. Ronaldo is a system player. You build a perfect system around him which creates space for him and gets him clear on goal and he'll finish. He needs a team around himself which dominates. He just translates this domination into goals. No domination, no goals. See Portugal (which isn't even a bad team by any means, easily top 10, just not stacked like Madrid). He isn't the cause of Madrid's dominance. When he was injured for 4 months under Pellegrini, Madrid finished the season with 96 points. Someone else just got at the of the chances and finished the moves (in this case Higuain). Ronaldo at his best was THE system and cause of domination. He made his teams dominate. He got the ball in midfield and beat players for fun with his skills. Everyone could see what he did to a young Nesta. Pointless discussing this. Just watch how Nesta loses it @ 3:20 because he's so sick of getting his butt handed to him. Proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gThIpUFCo

To C. Ronaldo's defense: Messi is also a "system player". When his team dominates, HE dominates. He isn't the cause of domination. He just translates Barcelona's dominance into goals. Spain = Barcelona without Messi and they dominate the same way except being a bit lightweight upfront nowadays with Torres' and Villa's decline. If Messi's team doesn't dominate, he'll lose interest in the game: Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Madrid recently, Copa America in his own backyard where he completely bottled it, World Cup against Germany. And pls don't tell me about his heroics against fodder and how he rescued Barca by scoring 3 goals against Deportivo. Deportivo's budget is smaller than Barca B's. Laughing

Messi and Cristiano win the comparison through consistency for sure. If I want to win a league, I'll take Messi or Ronaldo (ok, only Messi ...). If I want to win a single tough knockout competition I take Ronaldo in his prime and it isn't even close.

I hope this helped.

So what about Barca - Madrid last season in the supercup where Barca didn't dominate that game and Messi all by himself won that cup by scoring 3 goals and assisting another 2. And this aint the only big game where Messi won us the game. Another one is the Milan vs Barca 2-3, where Messi might not have scored an open goal, he was involved in 2 of the goals. Heck, even Nesta said one time that the only reason why Barca defeated Milan was because of Messi..

When it comes to being an indivdual threat and finishing, Ronaldo might edge Messi, but once you add Messi's playmaking abilities and do the same with Ronaldo. There will be only one winner and he aint Brazilian..

But don't give me this that Ronaldo was a one-man team, because face it, not Messi, not Cristiano Ronaldo and especially NOT Ronaldo played with bad teammates. I mean Ronaldo had Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Beckham etc at Real Madrid and with Brazil... wow, what a team! Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario, Roberto Carlos, Cafu etc.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:39 pm

r9 said that saf was disrespectful in a interview.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm

After what has already went down in this thread, I would appreciate an actual source, Ganso.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 pm

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/liga-dos-campeoes/noticia/2013/03/ronaldo-lamenta-desrespeito-de-ferguson-apos-ser-chamado-de-gordo.html

i dont feel like translating it all but in one part he says

"I have nothing to add about my physical aspects. But i pity the disrespectful way he referred to me, something someone like him shouldn't do"
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Thank you, Ganso. No need to translate, I just wanted to make sure it was legit seeing as people claimed Ronaldo would not care about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 am

:coffee: he said something different after Ronaldo scored 3 goals against his team back then , he is a bad loser that's what it is really
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 am

It was certainly out of line in my view. Quite disrespectful, and a wrong statement to boot.

R9 at OT = Hat trick
CR at OT = crlastseencomingoutoftunnelatoldtrafford.jpg

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:21 am

He was seen when he scored the winner lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am

Ganso wrote:http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/liga-dos-campeoes/noticia/2013/03/ronaldo-lamenta-desrespeito-de-ferguson-apos-ser-chamado-de-gordo.html

i dont feel like translating it all but in one part he says

"I have nothing to add about my physical aspects. But i pity the disrespectful way he referred to me, something someone like him shouldn't do"

Ronaldo needs to get over it. He wasn't disrespected.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 am

That's not your decision to make, Zealous. You do realize that your opinion is not the only one, right? Hop off that high horse when you get the chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 am

It's not my decision but it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it eco smile

I feel bad for Ronaldo if he's concious about his weight, but he's lost a lot of weight and should be feeling better about himself. But no one disrespected him, no one doubted his ability, no one ever will.

Ronaldo is one of the most beloved footballers ever so really him being upset is not really justified tbh. He wasn't unhappy when we called him "El Gordo" so I'm surprised that he's unhappy about it now.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 am

If you knew me as a poster, you would know that I strongly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just have an issue when people start trying to advertise their opinion as a fact...

In Ronaldo's opinion he felt the comment was disrespectful (perhaps a word like unnecessary would work "better"), but that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. I prefer when people refer to other by their name or nickname , not by one of their physical appearances - while some (or just one, i believe it was BC) said Sir Alex and Ronaldo had a good relationship, it is clearly not on THAT level of friendliness. I have not gotten a chance to read the rest of the article, so I will leave it at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next