Onyx
Zealous
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
48 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by StevieRayVaughan Mon 4 Mar - 15:44

Ronaldo is most of our first football idols, because he was quite freaking brilliant. I have always considered him to be the best striker I have ever seen, but when someone says CR7 is better than him, I understand. I dont agree, but I understand. Sometimes we get too emotional when our idols are getting surpassed by current football stars, I do a lot. CR7 is one of the most consistent players I have ever seen, therefore comparing him to Ronaldo is very fair. So those who think this is a idiotic comparison are probably quite biased themselves. however, if Cr7 is better than Ronaldo or not is much harder to decide, and I dont know the answer because Cr7 can still go on to bigger things.

I think the comparison is fair, but I cant say CR7 is better than the real Ronaldo as of now. The only thing that is quite clear is that Ronaldo's hairstyle in 2002, was much better than any hairstyle CR7 has ever had.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by StevieRayVaughan Mon 4 Mar - 15:45

Its the same thing when people now tell me Falcao is better than Diego Forlan. I dont agree, but I understand the comparison.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon 4 Mar - 15:58

If I had to choose one player to have on a team over the course of a season I'd choose CR7

If I had to choose one player for one, big match final, I'd choose R9.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 4 Mar - 16:44

THC 10 wrote:That's like me calling you an a**hole but claiming that I mean it in an affectionate way. I obviously do not know Ronaldo personally and I cannot say that I am aware of their personal relationship, but I would like to think that he would prefer to not be called fat Ronaldo. I expected better from you, BC, not everything is what people make it out to be.
Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:It's still a bloody stupid thing to say in front of reporters.
And I mean that in the most possible affectionate way.

By the tone of the statement it is obvious that Fergie would not have said that if he thought it was offensive. I'm pretty sure if Ronaldo read these comments he would just laugh at them (not to mention he's not even fat anymore). If he wouldn't get offended at them then why should you?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon 4 Mar - 16:53

ye because u know whats going on in R9's head and how he feels Rolling Eyes
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Mon 4 Mar - 16:53

The ever so re-occurring topic of which player is better than another, which league is the best and which team is the best in the history of football is to sports what fighting under religious reasons is to common human sense. It's pointless, futile and rarely leads to anything but brawls or heated arguments.

It's impossible to ultimately decide which player is the best between, say, CRonaldo and Messi. Statistics alone prove f**k all as that's only what they are. Statistics.
Like some wise man said: Statistics are like a bikini, they show a great deal but not the most important. Football statistics especially so.
Statistics would tell you that Real Madrid of the 1950's are better than the Real Madrid of 2000 because they won more EC in a row.
Statistics would also tell you that PSG-defender Alex is a better striker with his 2 goals than Milan forward El Shaarawy who's only scored 1.

Maybe if you had CRonaldo play over 20 years in 10 different leagues for one top level club and then a bottom of the league club in each league, and then have Messi do the same, for the same clubs with the same squads, in a parallel universe, and at the same time have them play half the time for their own national side then switch, maybe then you could even begin to compare and decide.
And comparing two players from two different periods in time, like CRonaldo and Ronaldo, is plain crazy.

Having a favourite player of all time is a completely different matter.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Mon 4 Mar - 16:55

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
THC 10 wrote:That's like me calling you an a**hole but claiming that I mean it in an affectionate way. I obviously do not know Ronaldo personally and I cannot say that I am aware of their personal relationship, but I would like to think that he would prefer to not be called fat Ronaldo. I expected better from you, BC, not everything is what people make it out to be.
Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:It's still a bloody stupid thing to say in front of reporters.

By the tone of the statement it is obvious that Fergie would not have said that if he thought it was offensive. I'm pretty sure if Ronaldo read these comments he would just laugh at them (not to mention he's not even fat anymore). If he wouldn't get offended at them then why should you?

From how his comment has made it a topic on football forums all over the world I'd still claim it was mighty stupid of him.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon 4 Mar - 16:59

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

how exactly do you know he is not going to feel offended? scratch

btw from the link i read it, he did not say "and I say this with affection"
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 4 Mar - 17:01

Because Fergie said it in a friendly manner. Since there was no malicious intent we can conclude that Fergie thinks he can say that and not offend Ronaldo given the nature of their relationship. Hence, Ronaldo probably would not get offended by that statement. Is this really so hard to comprehend?

From Marca:

Ferguson aún tiene en la memoria la exhibición de Ronaldo hace 10 años y espero que ahora el otro Ronaldo, su Ronaldo, no la repita: «Espero que no. Si lo comparo con el gordo, con el viejo, y lo digo con cariño, Cristiano es mejor. Es más completo, más fuerte y tiene más pegada. Pero no, espero que no se repita aquello».

Bolded part is spanish for "and i say it with with affection"

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon 4 Mar - 17:05; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon 4 Mar - 17:01

Heard it all. Ronaldo will be a better footballer than CR7 will and has become
Fergie :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Mar - 17:05

BarrileteComisco wrote: By the tone of the statement it is obvious that Fergie would not have said that if he thought it was offensive. I'm pretty sure if Ronaldo read these comments he would just laugh at them (not to mention he's not even fat anymore). If he wouldn't get offended at them then why should you?

I'm not going to knit pick because I like you as a poster, but I never said that the statement offended me, so perhaps you should go back and read my post. I said that I found it to be disrespectful and I still stand by that (no matter how Sir Alex Ferguson intended his words to come across).

I understand that you may have perceived the statement differently than I did and that is the beauty of life. My only issue is that you are coming across as subjective. We are entitled to our opinion just as much as you are and while you found the statement to be done in en affectionate way, it is clear that a handful of posters felt differently. Instead of facepalming us and insisting that people did not read your original post, you could have just chalked it up to difference of opinion.

Someone already touched on this, but how do you (or myself for that matter) know what Ronaldo is thinking. His injuries part of the reason for his weight gain and I would like to think that could still be a sensitive topic for him. -

All the more reason to pick and choose his words more wisely. Ronaldo just put in a lot of work to take the weight off, so I fail to see a logical reason for him to use that "nickname".

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Because Fergie said it in a friendly manner. Since there was no malicious intent we can conclude that Fergie thinks he can say that and not offend Ronaldo given the nature of their relationship. Hence, Ronaldo probably would not get offended by that statement. Is this really so hard to comprehend?

From Marca:

Ferguson aún tiene en la memoria la exhibición de Ronaldo hace 10 años y espero que ahora el otro Ronaldo, su Ronaldo, no la repita: «Espero que no. Si lo comparo con el gordo, con el viejo, y lo digo con cariño, Cristiano es mejor. Es más completo, más fuerte y tiene más pegada. Pero no, espero que no se repita aquello».

Bolded part is spanish for "and i say it with with affection"

That was already mentioned in your original post, it would have been nice if you posted the article in spanish in the original post as well. I think that is where the interpretation is coming from.

P.S. Now y'all are confusing me. This is why he should choose his words more wisely when doing a interview for a newspaper (much more difficult to gauge tone in words).

Last edited by THC 10 on Mon 4 Mar - 17:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon 4 Mar - 17:08

"Compare Cristiano Ronaldo with the old fat one? Ronaldo's best form was ten years ago. Cristiano Ronaldo is a superior player.

"He doesn't let up in a single game, he is very physically strong, fast, good head and with both feet. They are two different players, but Cristiano Ronaldo is more complete."
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon 4 Mar - 17:10

Don't get all this strength crap. Slightest bit of contact he flops on the floor. How is he strong scratch
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 4 Mar - 17:24

@THC I reposted that because Ganso claimed that his source claimed there was no comment on him making the "fat" comment in a friendly manner. I agree that it is a subjective manner. I also agree that facepalming was perhaps a bit a strong, but it was not aimed at anyone in particular and thus it was not meant to be taken personally.

Ganso wrote:
"Compare Cristiano Ronaldo with the old fat one? Ronaldo's best form was ten years ago. Cristiano Ronaldo is a superior player.

"He doesn't let up in a single game, he is very physically strong, fast, good head and with both feet. They are two different players, but Cristiano Ronaldo is more complete."
Interesting how statements change when translated Laughing What's the original source?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Mar - 17:34

Eh, it is a forum after all and I can relate to posting smilies that I later regretted. Anyway, it is clear to me after seeing the "quotes" in multiple languages that it is near impossible to gauge his actual intentions. That being said, I believe you said that Sir Alex Ferguson had a good relationship with R9 and if that is the case, I am incline to agree with your notion. We should also keep in mind that we have no idea how the interview was done (meaning that Sir Alex Ferguson may have done the interview in English and Marca might have translated it into Spanish.) Anyway, this is one of the reasons I refrain from posting when I do not have all the facts and I would also like to offer an apology as I fear that I got too passionate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 4 Mar - 17:36

Real Kandahar wrote:CR is Faster
Debatable. In his pomp, Ronaldo was no slouch

Real Kandahar wrote:stroner
This isn't Mr Universe

Real Kandahar wrote:MUCHHH better in the air
How do you know?

Real Kandahar wrote:MUCH better by long shots
If you mean taking long shots, then no, he isn't "MUCH better"

Real Kandahar wrote:MUCH LESS injury prone... no fitness issues...
Ah so Gareth Barry must be better than Fabregas and his dodgy hamstrings, or Hargreaves and his creaky knees

Real Kandahar wrote: was a better dribbler
By miles

Real Kandahar wrote:almost same finishing skills though
There's no "almost" about it.............Ronaldo is to finishing what Hoover is to vacuum cleaners
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon 4 Mar - 17:38

StevieRayVaughan wrote:Sometimes we get too emotional when our idols are getting surpassed by current football stars, I do a lot. \

This

Dani, instead of telling us we're idiots.. mind giving a football conversation?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon 4 Mar - 17:46

Some of the stuff I see here is just pure hate against CR. Like most the stuff isn't even true lol

I actually like this debate because they were actually pretty close. CR's been at the top for longer. However the biggest thing is that R9 is the top WC goal scorer and has a wc to his name.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Mar - 17:51

Giggity5313 wrote:Some of the stuff I see here is just pure hate against CR. Like most the stuff isn't even true lol

You mind giving us examples? While I admit there was a bit of bias going on in this thread, I personally did not feel like Ronaldo got any unwarranted hate. Hating to hate is one thing, but having your own opinion is a whole other matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 4 Mar - 17:54

How many people on here actually saw Ronaldo play for PSV/Inter/Barca?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon 4 Mar - 18:41

saw a compilation once, hes ok. nowhere near cr though :fishing:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon 4 Mar - 18:43

Real Kandahar wrote:CR is Faster, stroner, MUCHHH better in the air, MUCH better by long shots.... MUCH LESS injury prone... no fitness issues...

Ronaldo was a better dribbler, almost same finishing skills though

:facepalm: rofl Your actually clueless... CR is not by any means stronger than Ronaldo and isn't by any means faster than Ronaldo.
All this CR is strong is all crap because he flops to the ground with the slighest of touches.
Better in the air yes but every single other element, Ronaldo by far is better than CR...
CR will never be any way near Ronaldo's let alone Messi sandards
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 4 Mar - 20:25

Lex wrote:How many people on here actually saw Ronaldo play for PSV/Inter/Barca?

That's the reason I haven't offered my opinion on this thread Laughing

I hope people here have watched both...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 4 Mar - 20:28

Watched him in the 02 WC and a bit of Madrid. Thats about it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Mon 4 Mar - 21:10

Where's the link to back your bullshit of a thread ?
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Mon 4 Mar - 21:29

CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:How many people on here actually saw Ronaldo play for PSV/Inter/Barca?

That's the reason I haven't offered my opinion on this thread Laughing

I hope people here have watched both...
El Shaarawy wrote:Watched him in the 02 WC and a bit of Madrid. Thats about it

Madrid/WC02 Ronaldo was a shadow of his previous self - lost a lot of pace , couldn't go past people like he used to .He was still a great player and finisher - and showed flashes of brilliance - that's it .

Hate it when people talk WC02 was the sole thing in Ronaldo's career - he was a much better player in WC98 .

For anyone who's interested .

drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next