S
free_cat
guest7
BarrileteCosmico
Mr Nick09
75 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti next RM manager watch - Page 7 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti next RM manager watch

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

he is going to become our next coach, it's done. sig bet if you want, i would be delighted to lose tho.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Carlo Ancelotti next RM manager watch - Page 7 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti next RM manager watch

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 pm

yeah well Carlo's tactics for the attack: get it to Ibra and hope he does something with it. When Ibra was off or suspended, PSG had it very hard most of the time. I doubt anything changes when he comes to Madrid.

Ozil is going to have a hard time though. Pastore is forced to track back and defend a lot. That's one of the reasons it took him so long to adapt to Carlo. There is no pure AM in Carlo's scheme. The entire midfield is expected to play both sides of the ball. I don't think Ozil is going to like it very much lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:02 pm

CR was goat playing through the middle in 09-10 under Pelle.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Is there a significant difference in Mourinho and Ancelotti's tactics?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Carlo plays a 4321 or "Christmas Tree" formation that sometimes morphs into a 4411. You have two midfielders that protect that left and right of the defense. You then have a CM that is used for setting up the play for the forwards.

Mou uses a 4231. A lot more pressure on the midfield... but if they're able to handle it, the attack is very strong.

Both are unbalanced schemes. PSG had very flawed fullbacks, a very young midfielder and an inconsistent Pastore. So in a way, i can understand him trying to dummy down the system and rely on counters to an extent. I just don't understand why you would do it against lesser opponents... that's my main beef with Carlo. For Madrid, Mou has very little excuse. He just likes to play this style.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Going by what you wrote Sport, Carlo maybe just a slight improvement on Mou in terms of how less stubborn he can be?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Doc wrote:Going by what you wrote Sport, Carlo maybe just a slight improvement on Mou in terms of how less stubborn he can be?!
Not really. He's the same. The big difference is that Carlo is an absolute class person and wonderful representative of the club. Gentleman in every way. That will be the biggest difference imo lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 pm

interestingly, carlo is about to win a 3rd league in different country. if he goes to spain and wins another one, he will match mourinho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not really. He's the same. The big difference is that Carlo is an absolute class person and wonderful representative of the club. Gentleman in every way. That will be the biggest difference imo lol.

Considering Mourinho has been extremely stubborn and disrespectful, that may go a long way. Assuming, of course, Carlo actually arrives at the club.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

The more I read though sport the more it seems results wise Carlo will probably fail at Real? Unless he brings reinforcements of cos. Since the players may not be suitable for his system? Real always want attacking football unless u win a lot they can maybe forget that. I dont know, Carlo can play attacking football but overall if its like u said not flexible and rely on indidviduals, hard to predict what will result.

Although Kaka of cos could likely be used again, and that would be great to see! Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm

No. Carlo will get results. I am sure of it. But we won't play very attractive footy and most of our success will come in CL and CDR. He has a hard time with the marathon of league season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 pm

PSG has rejected Madrids bid for Carlo. They are not even willing to negotiate for him. Thats the end for Carlo to madrid then hmm
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Good thing it was a "sure thing" Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 pm

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/379150/al-khelaifi-tout-le-monde-reste-au-psg/

Interview with president of PSG today. Interesting part:

What are you going to tell Carlo to convince him to stay?
I don't have to tell him anything since he has one year left on his contract. I'm like the fans and thankful to Carlo. He's a good man and I love him. I think he's the best manager in the world. He's done a great job and I'm very satisfied with him. I never approached this subject with him and he's never told me that he wants to leave.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 8:04 pm

I'll add that Madrid frakked up by contacting Carlo's reps before letting PSG know. That basically made PSG take a hard stand.

And btw, this doesn't mean it stops Carlo. Just means that they would need to pay PSG the breakup fee (probably amount of his remaining contract and any gap incurred to hire a new manager if this person is more expensive) to bring him in. He makes 6 million euros next season. I think they reach a settlement for 10 mil if Madrid wants him and he wants to go.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 19, 2013 4:08 pm

BeIN Sports exclusive: Carlo Ancelotti wont coach PSG next season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun May 19, 2013 4:37 pm

BeIn does exclusives now? Smells funny to me...

Still expect Carlo to go. I just doubt BeIn would scoop everyone to the story.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm

BeIN are owned by PSG's owners
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 pm

RMC confirming that Carlo is gone, just waiting for Lequipe now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Believe in Bein :bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 19, 2013 5:36 pm

According to french media, Carlo is leaving PSG because of Leonardo. El Khelaifi promised to give more control to Carlo but when they met with Leonardo and a represent of sheik owner, Leonardo refused to let go of some of his powers. they started bickering, and its the representant of the owner that decided that priority should be given to Leonardo, so Carlo asked to go.

PSG have contacted Benitez already.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 19, 2013 5:47 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Leonardo-on-veut-qu-ancelotti-reste/372253

According to L'Equipe, Carlo has asked to leave but PSG did not grant him his demand today. Leonardo confirms this and says PSG still intends to try and keep Carlo.

It will come down to compensation by Madrid imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 19, 2013 6:02 pm

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/381122/psg-toutes-les-reactions-au-depart-de-carlo-ancelotti/

Al-Khalaïfi, President of PSG :
« Oui on a discuté, et Ancelotti a demandé à partir au Real Madrid. J’ai été très clair avec lui, je lui ai dit qu’on a un contrat. Comme je l’ai dit la semaine dernière devant les médias, il y a un contrat d’un an de plus donc ce n’est pas possible de partir. C’est lui le problème, pas notre problème, normalement on est obligé de respecter le contrat. On veut garder Carlo, on lui a proposé un autre contrat d’un an mais lui veut partir. »

Translation:
"Yes we did talk and Carlo did ask to leave for Real Madrid. But I was very clear with him the we have a contract. Like i told the media last week, there is one more year on his contract so it is impossible for him to leave. The problem is his, not ours. Normally, you are bound to see your contract out. We want to keep Carlo and we proposed him another contract for the year; but he wants to go."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun May 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Carlo wants Madrid so bad.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Basically, as i'm listening to pundits in France, Carlo wanted more say in the transfers and take some of the power Leo had. Leo hadn't confirmed that he was definitely staying until very recently, so the PSG president played the line until he decided. Once Leo decided to stay, Carlo's demands were refused and he asked to leave.

Now it comes down to compensation imo. Madrid or Carlo are going to have to pay up to go... probably Madrid.

Rafa Benitez is the early favorite to take over and he has been contacted informally, along with Fabio Capello.

If Madrid give power to Carlo over player personnel, i'm terrified lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Hmm...hmm

Rafa with that PSG squad...

Defense picks itself...

Verratti/Chantome = DLP
Matuidi = Destroyer
Lucas Moura/Pastore = Creator
Menez and Lavezzi = Industrious scoring wingers
Ibra=/= Torres...

Perhaps, they'll sell Ibra and buy Cavani? hmm
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next