FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments

4 posters

Go down

FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments Empty FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments

Post by Zero Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged by the FA for criticising the performance of assistant referee Simon Beck following Manchester United's 1-1 draw against Tottenham.

An FA statement reads: "The FA has today [Tuesday 29 January] charged Sir Alex Ferguson in relation to post-match media comments made following Manchester United’s game at Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 20 January 2013.

"It is alleged the Manchester United manager breached FA Rule E3 in that he implied that the match official was motivated by bias.

"Ferguson has until 4pm on Friday 1 February 2013 to respond to the charge."

Following Beck's performance that day, Sir Alex stated: "I think we should have had a throw-in down our side of the pitch but that linesman never gave us a thing all day.

"For me, it was a poor performance by him. He never saw the penalty kick for Wayne Rooney and some other decisions too.

"We remember him well from his time at the Chelsea game [in 2010] when Didier Drogba was three yards offside and he gave onside. I think he had a shocking game today and I'm disappointed in his performance, I really am.

"I think he has had a bad game and we never got anything from that side of the pitch. We got a bad break."

On his charge, Sir Alex recently stated that he believed the FA to be taking him to task unfairly, and that it had more to do with him than the comments he made.

He stated: "I just think it is more about me than what I've said. Whether I think it is unfair or not doesn't matter to them really at this point.

"That is what I have put in my letter exactly but you know the FA. You never know. It is one of these things. We are high-profile."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/01/29/3710475/manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-charged-by-fa-for
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Same old Sir Alex. smoking
Anyway, Tony Pulis and various other mid-table managers get away with these kinds of comments on an almost weekly basis. :coffee:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments

Post by Zero Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

And yet they say he runs the FA. Isn't this self incrimination?
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Zero wrote:And yet they say he runs the FA. Isn't this self incrimination?

Well, I don't understand where this notion of Ferguson never being charged comes from. Since 2007 he's been banned & fined on multiple occasions: December 2007: 2 match ban & £5,000 fine. November 2008: 2 match ban & £10,000 fine. October 2009: 4 match ban (2 suspended) & £20,000 fine. March 2011: 5 match ban & £80,000 fine. scratch
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Probably for the FA to show that they have penises too.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm

IMPOSSIBRU!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:IMPOSSIBRU!

Impossibru is nothing Laughing !
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

hate it or love it...there will only be 1 SAF in history drinking
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Well...whether people like it or not, Fergie does say these comments for a reason, he either does it to take attention away from an on field incident or he does it to raise awareness to referees so his team don't get decisions go against them in the future.

People who think Fergie hasnt been banned before or punished need to look back at the history books because its happened many times before but many fans who post on this forum can't understand this because they didn't watch Premier League football until 2008 when they all jumped on the Manchester city Bandwagon.

Whatever Fergie does, he does it because he wants to win and bring success to Manchester United, if that makes him hated amongst most fans do you think he really cares? He is the most successful British manager to live and he still has a lot left in him.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will fight an FA charge

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has denied an FA charge relating to comments made to the media in the wake of last month's 1-1 draw at Tottenham.

FA Charges Ferguson Over Linesman Comments Ferguson_2890215

The Scot was furious United were not awarded a penalty at White Hart Lane when Wayne Rooney appeared to be tripped by Steven Caulker in the home side's box.

He said afterwards: "There was no way the linesman was going to give that - he gave them everything.

"It was a clear decision. And he was 10, maybe 12 yards away from the incident and he doesn't give it. And yet he gave everything else."

But Ferguson has chosen to fight the charge, as confirmed in a statement on the FA website, which read: "Sir Alex Ferguson has denied an FA charge of misconduct in relation to post-match media comments made following Manchester United's game at Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 20 January 2013.

"It is alleged the Manchester United manager breached FA Rule E3 in that he implied that the match official was motivated by bias.

"Ferguson has requested a paper hearing, the date of which will be set in due course."

The Premier League leaders were ahead for much of the game through a Robin van Persie header - only for Clint Dempsey to pop up in injury time and sweep home Aaron Lennon's cross, ensuring a stalemate.

Source: Skysports
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down