Kaladin
Casciavit
free_cat
redblack88
10 posters

Go down

Milan of the future Empty Milan of the future

Post by redblack88 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 am

What do you guys think of my prediction for the future lineup of AC Milan?

Perin (Gabriel);

Santon (Abate)
Rodrigo Ely (Dario del Fabro)
Bartosz Salamon (Zapata)
De Sciglio (Emanuelson);

Montolivo (Boateng)
Strootman (De Jong)
Bryan Cristante (Hottor);

Riccardo Saponara (Bojan)
Balotelli (Niang)
El Shaarawy (Centurión).

The player I prefer are Perin, Salamon and Del Fabro: our defense would be great for a decade with them! I also like Strootman a lot, but he is pretty expensive, almost like Balotelli. Then we have Santon and Centuriòn to buy, while the others are already our players.

So we have to buy 7 players: we can get the money by selling 10 players like Pazzini, Robinho, Traore, Flamini, Strasser, Acerbi, Bonera Antonini, Mexes and Amelia.

What do you guys think?
redblack88
redblack88
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan of the future Empty Re: Milan of the future

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 pm

I don't know 80% of these guys. But if they are youngsters, you have to consider that at least half of them will fail. So packing your team with youngsters and expect them all to triumph is foolish.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Its just one of those fun activities, we know that free_cat, anyways my team is:
4-2-3-1
..............................Perin.............................
MDS.............Ely..................New Df.........Santon
................Cristiante..........Strootman................
Saponara.............Mastour............SES...............
.............................Niang....................................

:bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 pm

redblack88 wrote:What do you guys think of my prediction for the future lineup of AC Milan?

Perin (Gabriel);

Santon (Abate)
Rodrigo Ely (Dario del Fabro)
Bartosz Salamon (Zapata)
De Sciglio (Emanuelson);

Montolivo (Boateng)
Strootman (De Jong)
Bryan Cristante (Hottor);

Riccardo Saponara (Bojan)
Balotelli (Niang)
El Shaarawy (Centurión).

The player I prefer are Perin, Salamon and Del Fabro: our defense would be great for a decade with them! I also like Strootman a lot, but he is pretty expensive, almost like Balotelli. Then we have Santon and Centuriòn to buy, while the others are already our players.

So we have to buy 7 players: we can get the money by selling 10 players like Pazzini, Robinho, Traore, Flamini, Strasser, Acerbi, Bonera Antonini, Mexes and Amelia.

What do you guys think?

Bartosz has been a makeshift CB this year i believe, his natural postion is in the midfield.

btw Montolivo is 27, just saying
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Pato will be back
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Casciavit wrote:Its just one of those fun activities, we know that free_cat, anyways my team is:
4-2-3-1
..............................Perin.............................
MDS.............Ely..................New Df.........Santon
................Cristiante..........Strootman................
Saponara.............Mastour............SES...............
.............................Niang....................................

:bow:

Maldini's son ???
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Bartosz Salamon situation is a lot like Vicent Kompany, he was moved to center back after playing as a defensive mid and excelled a great deal. He is a great defender and will be great. In terms of a "New Milan" it's almost to guess how everything turns out, but I'd really like to see this in about 5 years. In 5 years Montolivo will be 32, I think he would still be capable of being our captain and a great player. Impossible to tell, really though.

Future Milan 11 about 5 years from now:

--------------------------------Perin
De Sciglio---------Salamon---------Ely------------Santon

--------------------Cristante--------Montolivo

--------Saponara-----------Mastour-----------SES

--------------------------------Niang
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack88 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 pm

I totally forgot about Mastour! Surprised
redblack88
redblack88
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

It's impossible really to predict how we would look in 5 years time. I can't even generate a clear enough image of what we will look like next season (let alone 5 in years). Think about it like this, could anyone of us have predicted the team we currently have, a year ago? Whenever we made teams for our future, their was one constant in everyone's team, Pato. But now he is gone! Sad Yes, he might come back, but we don't know that. It's to difficult to go anywhere close to what the team will actually look like.

But one thing that I am sure about is that the future is bright! Its only gonna go up for us now. There's so many potentially world class players in our youth system right now and I'm sure Galliani has eyes on even more (outside our system). I do realize that not all of these potential world class players will actually become world class, but if we can get 1-2 players every two seasons, IMO it will be a huge achievement. This season El Sharaawy and De Sciglio emerged from the youth ranks (SES was technically not from our primavera, but it's the same thing) and if we can continue down this road, then it's gonna be a great future. That's all i can say about out future right now.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am

Right now I'm going to make a bold statement, Bryan Cristante will be a world class holding mid (he has the ability to play anywhere in the mid).
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 am

i want to say that, i am glad milan has finally decided to focus on youth. and thats great.

but just because we add talented youngsters doesnt mean team would be successful. that have so much point to prove, and above all, playing at milan is a big deal.

i actually dont want to say this to hurt any of my fellow fans, but i think some of our youngsters arent technically sound and natural footballers but some of them are brought purely based on scout analysis and their form. i dont wish to see players join on our ranks just based on their flashes, and form, i want to see players who possess really natural footballing talent on them (like mastour). i really want to see them emerge through tough tests, naturally born footballers, technically mentally... just like arsenal, ajax, barca youth players are. not just have bunch of kids assembled in club just because they were good in 2-3 matches or one season...

free cat said, that just because we add youth player doesnt guarantee anything and half of them could fail. and i agree with him. there is so much test waiting upon them. its not just tough serie a opponent they are facing. when they face elite clubs with world class players they need to be ready.

on long term i wish to see our club youth academy getting as good as ajax, barcelona or arsenal, thats my ultimate dream as a fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 am

free_cat wrote:I don't know 80% of these guys. But if they are youngsters, you have to consider that at least half of them will fail. So packing your team with youngsters and expect them all to triumph is foolish.

thats absolutely 10000% agreed. our youth hasnt won anything in last 20 years... and suddenly to change the course, its tough.

our youth policy, how they are analyzed, how much they have won, the whole system... it has been really fallen compared to some of the biggest clubs like arsenal, ajax, barcelona. if our club wants to succeed with youth, we cant just have players based on form and all. our staffs needs to be changed too. i dont know if that is happening or not.

just need to think how good milan youth academy is compared to arsenal barcelona ajax... and are we yet ready for youth to take over milan... i would say its long long way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 am

JespSwe wrote:i want to say that, i am glad milan has finally decided to focus on youth. and thats great.

but just because we add talented youngsters doesnt mean team would be successful. that have so much point to prove, and above all, playing at milan is a big deal.

i actually dont want to say this to hurt any of my fellow fans, but i think some of our youngsters arent technically sound and natural footballers but some of them are brought purely based on scout analysis and their form. i dont wish to see players join on our ranks just based on their flashes, and form, i want to see players who possess really natural footballing talent on them (like mastour). i really want to see them emerge through tough tests, naturally born footballers, technically mentally... just like arsenal, ajax, barca youth players are. not just have bunch of kids assembled in club just because they were good in 2-3 matches or one season...

free cat said, that just because we add youth player doesnt guarantee anything and half of them could fail. and i agree with him. there is so much test waiting upon them. its not just tough serie a opponent they are facing. when they face elite clubs with world class players they need to be ready.

on long term i wish to see our club youth academy getting as good as ajax, barcelona or arsenal, thats my ultimate dream as a fan.
Well I'm sure we all agree on this. Any talented youngster that shows flashed of brilliance is not destined to become great. However, there is no way to find out how far they will go if we don't give them a chance, is there? And seeing Galliani's recent purchases in SES and Niang, he has snapped up two gems. SES has already shown his brilliance and is now and established player (he still has a long way to go though). Niang has also shown huge potential and if nurtured properly, can turn out to be another superstar.

There's still a long way to go if we are to reach the levels of Barca or Ajax in terms of youth development, but unlike the last two decades, this time we are actually working in the right direction and taking the necessary steps.

Off Topic: Arsenal's youth system is not really that impressive. The thing is Wenger has a knack of knowing young (mostly french) players and has awesome judgment when it comes to youth. Most of the good young players they have right now are not actually from their youth system. In fact, the only players in the current XI that I can think of are Wilshire and Gibbs.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack88 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

Il Diavolo wrote: There's so many potentially world class players in our youth system right now and I'm sure Galliani has eyes on even more (outside our system).

I'm not sure about the quality of our youth system. A part that we haven't won basically anything in the past years, we also have to remember that there aren't many good players that came out of our Primavera right now...I mean, after Baresi, Albertini and Maldini, the only good players from our youth system have been De Sciglio and Abate! And they are both RB, so i guess this is due to the ability of coach Tassotti to teach them the role...

So I wanted to ask Il Diavolo, just for curiosity, what are in your opinion the gems of our Primavera?
As you can see in the original post, I like basically just Ely and Cristante. Oh and Mastour of course!Smile
redblack88
redblack88
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack88 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 am

Btw, don't take this discussion too seriously! I know it is impossible to predict the future and a great deal of potential prospects will eventually fail. I decided to post that potential lineup since we see everyday Galliani and Berlusconi say that Milan is going to rebuild the team focusing on "Top Young Players" and that they have already identified a list of 100 potential players to buy.

Among those players, I imagine there are Perin, Santon, Salamon, Del Fabro and Strootman: I like all of them very much and some of them (Perin, Strootman and somehow Santon) have already proven their value and will not fail.
redblack88
redblack88
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Rodrigo Ely is ridiculously overrated on these forums. A mediocre centre back who is finding life in Serie B very tough and was put on his backside a couple of times by... Pazzini.
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 am

redblack88 wrote:
Il Diavolo wrote: There's so many potentially world class players in our youth system right now and I'm sure Galliani has eyes on even more (outside our system).

I'm not sure about the quality of our youth system. A part that we haven't won basically anything in the past years, we also have to remember that there aren't many good players that came out of our Primavera right now...I mean, after Baresi, Albertini and Maldini, the only good players from our youth system have been De Sciglio and Abate! And they are both RB, so i guess this is due to the ability of coach Tassotti to teach them the role...

So I wanted to ask Il Diavolo, just for curiosity, what are in your opinion the gems of our Primavera?
As you can see in the original post, I like basically just Ely and Cristante. Oh and Mastour of course!Smile
Ok. So maybe I was a little over enthusiastic with that statement. But what I was basically trying to say that if we compare this primavera to the one's we had in the past, say 5 years ago, this one is definitely better. And you named three players yourself. Add to that list Edmund Hottor who is definitely one of the most promising players ATM. And then there are the two Maldinis. Anyone who has Maldini in their name is potentially world class. Period. There are other players too who's name occasionally comes up.

Like I said in my previous post, most of these players are going to fail to live up to their expectations. It is actually more probable that all of them fail than even one or tow of them reaching their peak potential. But that does not mean we can't get excited and hype them! Very Happy
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Btw, for those who say our Primavera hasn't won anything in 20 years, we did win the Coppa Italia Primavera in 09-10 and we consistently have a decent team in the league, even though we don't win. Don't be so quick to write off our youth.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 am

Not sure why we left the three back, especially since De Sciglio had a good showing as a center back. I think a 3-4-3 is the only way to get Abate and De Sciglio on the field together, both Abate and Constant were outside mids for most of their career, it just makes sense. I think with the team we have right now it can work well. It's worth a try in my opinion.

-------------------------------------Abbiati
----------------------De Sciglio------Mexes--------Zapata

Abate---------------------Montolivo-----------Prince-----------------Constant

---------------Robinho--------------------------------------SES
-----------------------------------Niang/Pazzo
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down