Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers

3 posters

Go down

Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Empty Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am

Hi kids

Tommaso Rocchi to Inter seems pretty much like a done deal. I'm still pretty much shocked we would buy a 35 year old striker that stinks of "has been", i got curious about how much of a dud we were getting and ran some pretty basic numbers, let me share my analysis.

First i wanted to see how much he has been playing throughout the years
Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Rocchi1

Pretty basic stuff, it shows us he peaked in participation in 07/08 (30 years old) where he was playing around 3600 minutes a season or around 40 games. A bit of a late bloomer, but that isn't that surprising in Serie A, trendline shows he has played less as the years go by.

Next, i wanted to see his output in Goals plus Assists throughout the years, the strikers oxygen and life support
Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Rocchi2

Again, nothing too revelatory, it seems like his peak really was 07/08. Trendline again shows his output declining with the years.

But of course you can only do so much if you actually get the chance to play, so next up i looked at his output in his average Goals plus Assists per match, here is where it starts to get interesting.
Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Rocchi3

Because it seems like Rocchi has been playing better with the years and peaked at 10/11 where he only played 739 minutes (8.2 matches) and actually managed a very decent 0.97 Goals plus Assists, very nearly a goal or assist each match. 11/12 wasn't that half bad for him either, netting a respectable 0.76 g+a, although to be fair he has been having a poor 12/13. Trendline even suggests he is on the up.

Here is the full Rocchi Breakdown:
Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Rocchi4
All stats taken from transfermarkt.de

So what do you guys think? I know of course these stats don't tell the whole picture, but i still think its interesting and might suggest this one maybe won't be a trainwreck. If Rocchi can recapture that "magic" 10/11 form we might have on our hands a very poor mans Klose that comes off the bench.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers Empty Re: Tommaso Rocchi, by the numbers

Post by eltractor Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 pm

maybe all what the board needs in an experienced striker who can compete with milito and make him work harder, and at the same time a good cover in case of injuries.
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am

ah great post. it's no secret why we're getting him. he's cheap, prepared to sit on the bench, has lots of serie a experience, and isn't "terrible". he could be useless or he could do his role well. but it's a cheap transfer so hopefully there isn't much of a loss if it goes badly
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum