Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable.

3 posters

Go down

Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable. Empty Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable.

Post by Mike A Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 am

I've been reading some posts about England and why they seem to do so badly. For example when we had the 'Golden Generation' and the problem on the left. I always thought it was a pretty obvious fix. For the 2006 World Cup-

........................................Rooney.......................................
........................................Gerrard.......................................
.................Lampard.............................Beckham....................
Cole..................................Scholes........................Hargreaves
.......................Terry..........................Carragher...................
.......................................Ferdinand....................................

.......................................Robinson.....................................

Cole and Hargreaves with all their energy down the left and right flanks solving the left-sided problem.
Rio playing as sweeper, the best player at the time to do that, best at bringing the ball out and extra cover for the centrebacks so incredibly strong defence centrally. You have the four best midfielders we had all playing together. Scholes the maestro like Pirlo is for Italy. Gerrard and Lampard real goal threats and great at keeping possession along with Scholes and Beckham. All capable of making those late runs and a dream team for middle shooting. Beckham helping out Hargreaves on the right, both players capable of great delivery. Gerrard the closest to Rooney. And every single one of these players are super hard workers, the team would have been a machine.

Set peices you have Beckham's delivery, Terry, Rio, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney all capable of scoring leaving the pace of Hargreaves and Cole behind.

I mean with that midfield we would keep possession so well. If you wanted a more defensive line-up you could have G. Neville instead of Hargreaves.

And with the current players we have-

................................Defoe.................................

..................Rooney........................Sterling............

.....................................Gerrard...........................
Baines..............Wilshere...............................Walker

.............Lescott.........................Jagielka................
................................Jones...................................

.................................Hart...................................

3 at the back, Baines and Walker attacking wingbacks, Wilshere and Gerrard runnng the midfield and Rooney and Sterling as floating No.10s playing in midfield and upfront, allowed to roam. 541 to 361 to 343
Mike A
Mike A
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable. Empty Re: Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable.

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Good post Thumbs up

For what it's worth i agree but the problem is that since Hoddle we have always picked tactically limited coaches who probably wouldn't even consider this as a possibility.

It's a shame but in general most English coaches are motivational guru's but when it comes to tactics are very limited and don't really consider anything beyond the norm.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable. Empty Re: Why don't England managers take advantage of the talent avaliable.

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm

I commended England in hiring Capello at the time, however looking back now he was past his best and of all the foreign coaches out there he is one of the more cautious and less daring ones.

England to me dont have that great talent so the two options are overachieve by playing defensive, negative football which the fans will hate the second it doesnt go well or take risks and play in a way outside what they are used to.

That line up there, with Jack and Gerrard...it would be fun to watch, but defensively very frail. Now to me, thats better than playing uninspiring, boring and negative football which wont end in victory anyway but which coach is going to play in such a way?

Certainly not any I can think of that is English as mole is alluding to.

As he said, most are motivational guys who talk of effort and such like. But effort only gets you so far, everyone wants to win, what separates those from you is talent and organisation.

England have decent talent but horrible organisation. I dont think they even have a style of football, and if they do, I cant identify it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down