peerless
Onyx
halamadrid2
Raptorgunner
16 posters

Go down

Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban Empty Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm

"The Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body today decided to suspend Luiz Adriano for one match," a statement read.

"The suspension applies to next week's Champions League group stage game between Shakhtar Donetsk and Juventus in Ukraine.

"The Shakhtar player has also been required to perform one full day of community football service.

"Luiz Adriano had been charged with violation of the principles of conduct during last week's Champions League Group E match against Nordsjaelland in Copenhagen."

Good news for Juventus and Bad news for Chelsea I guess.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban Empty Re: Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

its probably good news for Juve i feel here, but i never thought Juve would go away with anything less than a draw tbh even with Adriano there.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban Empty Re: Uefa hands Luiz Adriano one-game ban

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Maybe he didn't know what was going on?

And does he have to let the ball go to the GK?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe he didn't know what was going on?

And does he have to let the ball go to the GK?

He most likely did know what was going on, no matter the excuse. The ball doesn't HAVE to go to the Goalkeeper, but it's just fair play principles and ethics.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm

The damage is all done, Im afraid.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Lol ffs this suspension punishes Chelsea more than Shaktar Laughing
Should be a game in the 1/8s atleast, not a game where they are already qualified
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Is it even an official rule that you have to give the ball back to the other team if they kick the ball out sportingly? If it isn't how can he be banned if he didn't break a rule?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 pm

& they don't ban people for diving scratch
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

To be honest, now thinking about this...I think its unfair he is banned.

What he did was scummy, but even if he knew what he was doing...its not against any rules.

I dont know how you can punish someone for not breaking a rule.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Ban for this ? No ban for Racism ? wtf is this shit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 am

It's not in the rules at all, but you could say it's breaking FIFA law if you take account the spirit of the game (well, meh, but read on). He violated the spirit of the game for sure, and it's common knowledge you have the team kick it back to the goalkeeper and have him pick it up. It was obvious what was going on, you CANNOT say he didn't know what he was doing, he most certainly did. It's just blatantly unsporting.

FIFA actually just created a new law this year that you cannot kick it into the goal directly off of an uncontested drop ball, and said this of the rule:

There have been a number of occasions where goals have been scored from "uncontested" dropped
balls. This has put a great deal of pressure on the referee as he has to allow the goal to stand. We
then have the unseemly situation where the opposition allows the team to score from the kick-off
without any players trying to stop them in order to rebalance the game.

It's unsporting, end of. It's the same thing as if a player were to swear on television after a game (reference: Drogba in 2009).

Deserves his ban and I wouldn't complain if it were longer.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 am

The Franchise wrote:To be honest, now thinking about this...I think its unfair he is banned.

What he did was scummy, but even if he knew what he was doing...its not against any rules.

I dont know how you can punish someone for not breaking a rule.

It's not an official rule but sportsmanship is one of the foundations for this sport
I mean, what if he did what he did in a final?
What if this went unpunished and then clubs, in the future, wanted to capitalize on UEFA's lack of action?

It really needed to be punished, I'm not saying all hell would break lose but it's a slippery slope

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 am

well deserved ban

RealGunner wrote:Ban for this ? No ban for Racism ? wtf is this shit

the thing is, racism is very hard to accuse someone of without proper evidence and can really backfire.. unless you're a utd. player
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:43 am

Should of banned him for the remainder of the competition.. He broke an 'unwritten rule', one that is worse than breaking a lot of 'real rules' IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am

The thing is, I don't agree with it any of it. If they don't decide to punish him inside the game for this how can they punish him outside? Like someone else has said it's hurt chelsea more then anyone.
It would be a lot fairer if it's in the rules to card him for that kind of action and disallow the goal.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

I get what he did was scummy, but as I said, didnt break any official rule. Basically the point is there must be an official rule.

I think he should be punished, but by his club, not some higher up because they are the ones who need to put something concrete in place. They have blame too, because there is no rule in place. If things were done correctly, the goal would never been allowed to stand.

CB, that quote just talks about it. But something needs to be actually put into place.

If he scored it in the final, nothing would of happened. The goal would of stood. That cannot happen.

Banning him doesnt change that fact.

And the sugggestion to ban him for the entire competition is just silly, what he didnt doesnt deserve that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:I get what he did was scummy, but as I said, didnt break any official rule. Basically the point is there must be an official rule.

I think he should be punished, but by his club, not some higher up because they are the ones who need to put something concrete in place. They have blame too, because there is no rule in place. If things were done correctly, the goal would never been allowed to stand.

If he scored it in the final, nothing would of happened. The goal would of stood. That cannot happen.

Banning him doesnt change that fact.

This ban is really serving as a deterrent
UEFA should punish him, despite it not being an 'official' rule it is an important unwritten rule. Think of it like a social norm

Banning him does not change that fact, but banning a diver after a game doesn't either. It's a retroactive approach which doesn't accomplish much for the act in question but it might serve as a message to other players considering similar actions.

I'm glad UEFA took some action. 1 game, considering Shakhtar has already qualified won't really hurt in the long run. 1 game also serves as a message that the conduct is very unprofessional

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm

I agree that a rule should be in place, but in the situation that it isn't, there should be a ban at least, no?

I agree a rule should be made to get rid of this, however the fact of the matter is that there isn't right now. Are you suggesting then that they just let Luiz Adriano get away with this because there is no official rule regarding it? As Luca mentioned, they have to do something to show it's wrong, to deter others from doing it.

In the very unlikely situation this happens (and it has), then UEFA should at least take action against him if there is no rule in place. Shakhtar won't punish him enough to deter others, and it needs to come from UEFA imo.

A bit off topic: The point of the other quote was to show that FIFA is certainly starting to look at drop balls and making rules about them rather than just trusting people will do the right thing.

Trusting people to do the right thing happens even at the highest levels I guess :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Does he deserve a ban? Yes, for sure.

But to me, it another situation where people in charge want to blame someone else for not doing their job properly.

Luiz Adriano is in the wrong, no question here, but UEFA are stupid not to have a rule in place.

I dont really see the ban as a deterrant either, because I dont think anyone would do this...the reason it is the big deal it is is probably in part due to how noone ever does it.

Should the player get away with it? No, but I would expect his club to have the moral and dignity to do that for themselves. Perhaps im being a bit niave with that one, I dont know.

My problem is not he is being punished exactly, its that UEFA dont have a rule in place so how can they punish someone who hasnt actually done anything illega?

Anyway, I get what you guys are saying and I dont think your wrong.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 am

Its kinda a disgrace to see a player get banned for an act 'supervised' under the law of the game. Knowing or not, he did everything according to the law therefore a ban is utterly inappriopate. Yes, he should get punished but rather from his own club rather than from UEFA.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down