Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

El Shaarawy vs Giovinco Empty Re: El Shaarawy vs Giovinco

Post by zarola Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm

El Shaarawy is better now as we speak.. I can just imagine in a couple of years how even MORE better he'll be.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Even though I don't rate SES too highly, I rate Giovinco even lower especially since he came back to Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm

SES is currently better than Gio and has more potential than Gio too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 am

Sad to say but SES any day.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

Me banana

Buts still Gio on his day can become a monster
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 am

El Shaarawy's certainly the better goal scorer, even though Giovinco managed a very impressive tally in his final season at Parma, it simply appears to be a more significant part of El Shaarawy's game from a much earlier age.

It would really depend on what I was seeking however, because as a playmaker, I certainly rate Giovinco higher at this moment in time. Much depends on the players surrounding them and who will bring more to the team. I dislike the manner in which Juventus' 3-5-2 forces Giovinco to play, and whislt he remains a welcome creative influence, it is the sort of strikeforce where I would prefer a player such as El Shaarawy. This is being said of a team in which each element is already highly adept at providing for their team mates and Giovinco's vision could arguably be withdrawn successfully for a more pure goal threat.

El Shaarawy's obviously much younger and so his general game will continue to improve immensely, whislt Giovinco continues to improve but is much closer to his ceiling. Giovinco's an excellent technical player in his own right, so it's a question of their tactical use in my eyes. I wouldn't say that El Shaarawy's left him for dead as a player, he's simply in a hugely rich vein of goal scoring form. He's still far from complete as a player and much of his progress will rely on the Pharoah continuing to work hard, as is his thankfully his nature.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

SES
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Definitely El Sharaawy.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Let's just say Shawarma is the more likely candidate if PSG wants to sign a winger {Lucas}
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:42 pm

SES by far.

Much to learn, Giovinco still has.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 am

Very Happy Ses

Gio should have stayed in Parma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 am

Epoto wrote:Gio should have stayed in Parma

Why ? He's doing pretty good at Juve...Lately.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 pm

SES is doing well and hopefully he cann keep it up.

Giovinco IMO has way better attributes. He dribble's better, passes better, can take freekicks, corners and is quicker and more agile. His finishing has much to be desired but it isnt exactly terrible. his main downfall is his size, if he wasnt SO small, even 2-3 inches bigger he's be great but too often he's easily outpowered and run off the ball.

Just sayin, dont let SES run fool people too much. He still has a long way to go yet. saying that he is on course to being better then Gio. i just think Gio's alround play is better.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Giovinco is the much better footballer than SES but SES has the better form right now.
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am

How is this even a debate? Giovinco is nothing close to special.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:51 am

I am not gonna judge who is better hahaha cause i am obviously SES fan, but i think gio is better in terms of technical ability and he is creative, he can set up goals he can score, he is good with set pieces too.

but el sharawwy apart from being technically sound is very good in positioning, tactical knowledge, work rate, determination, never give up attitude, hell.. he is even good in defending... he puts team ahead of himself, he works hard for his goal.... and he has been consistently performing well, so he is in good form than giovinco.

i like both. i am gio fan too. atm though in terms of form, SES is ahead

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am

Milantildeath wrote:How is this even a debate? Giovinco is nothing close to special.
Really? If it wasnt for Juventus playing around with his career when he was younger IMO Giovinco would be better than Balotelli or any other Azzuri forward for that matter INCLUDING current SES. He WAS the next big thing, before SES, Balo ect Gio was always tipped to be a great player. He won many youth tournaments and most of the time was player of the tournament too. But bad management and being at the stage Juve were at this time (coming back from relegation) halted his progression, sending him out on loan to Empoli but even when he returned he missed like half a season due to injury.

He's represented Italy at every level too.

Giovinco at his best is almost Messi like, hes untouchable, even tackles that land on him always result in a freekick. I'v been following him ever since i heard about him years ago, he was always my favorite primavera player and i had hoped it would work out better. almost leaves a bitter taste that he's here now but so much of his talent has already been wasted. He's still got a few years to prove me right now he's at a big club. I'm sure when he was 21 or 22 he destroyed chelsea in a CL game, they couldnt handle him. Resulted in them man marking him with Drogba or essien (i forget).
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:21 pm

almost Messi-like??
better than Balotelli?
better than El Shaarawy?

El Shaarawy and Balotelli have both been with Italy under the age of 20. Balotelli has done well in champions league as well, and let's see El Shaarawy this year, I'm sure he will do the same (not given a fair chance last year I'd say but he held his own).

Giovinco is fancy and nothing else. He's not special in anyway. He hasnt even impressed with Italy.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I meant when giovinco was younger. If you followed him you'll see why i make the messi claim. obviosly he hasnt reached the levels he looked like he could achieve but i dont think you can claim he didnt have the talent.

I dont see any problems with his game, but his decision making on the other hand is quite shocking. Plus i see that he struggles alot being so small, but yet he still manages to beat hold off defenders quite well considering. im not overrating him it just seems like everyone underrated him.

Edit: just to clarafy i didnt mean Messi like in terms of results but in his play ect how he dribbles and ghosts through people with speed and close control.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 pm

What is this BS about Giovinco possessing superior technique to SES? I cannot find a single fault in SES's technique. Dual-footed, can curl, rip a long shot, dribble intelligent with both feet, and racks up key passes along with improving game by game. I won't deny Giovinco's technique (except his finishing of course which isn't part of technique) yet this gives no reason to state that Giovinco is an all round superior footballer given that SES influences the matches far more. And no Giovinco wasn't doing what SES was doing at his age. Please.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Surag wrote:
Epoto wrote:Gio should have stayed in Parma

Why ? He's doing pretty good at Juve...Lately.

well he was much more important to Parma than Juventus and i personally believe his style of play doesn't suit Juventus
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:Really? If it wasnt for Juventus playing around with his career when he was younger IMO Giovinco would be better than Balotelli or any other Azzuri forward for that matter INCLUDING current SES. He WAS the next big thing, before SES, Balo ect Gio was always tipped to be a great player. He won many youth tournaments and most of the time was player of the tournament too. But bad management and being at the stage Juve were at this time (coming back from relegation) halted his progression, sending him out on loan to Empoli but even when he returned he missed like half a season due to injury.

He's represented Italy at every level too.

Giovinco at his best is almost Messi like, hes untouchable, even tackles that land on him always result in a freekick. I'v been following him ever since i heard about him years ago, he was always my favorite primavera player and i had hoped it would work out better. almost leaves a bitter taste that he's here now but so much of his talent has already been wasted. He's still got a few years to prove me right now he's at a big club. I'm sure when he was 21 or 22 he destroyed chelsea in a CL game, they couldnt handle him. Resulted in them man marking him with Drogba or essien (i forget).

1. He was loaned out because he was not good enough. He and Balotelli are two different players. You can't say he WOULD be better because WOULD isn't reality.

2. He WAS the next big thing, Marco Motta WAS the next big thing, Aquilani WAS the next big thing. WAS is the key word.

3. Winning awards at a youth tournament means nothing. Dominic Adiyah won MVP of the u-21 world cup with Ghana, and look how he turned out.

4. Many players represent Italy at all youth levels and never do anything

5. Giovinco at his best is almost like Messi???? really? I've never seen that. More like a poor man's El Shaarawy

6. When he was 21 or 22 he tore up Chelsea? Oh, that must really prove he is like Messi right?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum