Best Bond movie of all time?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by M99 Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Pretty sure it's going to be Idris Elba


He won't be. He is way too old to start now. Can see it being Daniel Kaluuya. My top choice is Hiddleston followed by Madden.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 29587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Anyway, I'm of the firm opinion that the Bond franchise has lost all sense since the end of the cold war

Before, it was an obvious transparent high-end propaganda franchise for the West with its combination of cold war politics, sexual megalomania and unleashed over-the-top consumerism, since then the character hasn't been adjusted to the changed political world map.

It's no coincidence characters like Jason Bourne have been more meaningful and interesting as depictions of secret service activity.
They should just shut the franchise, IMO it becomes even more embarrasing the more 'deep' they try to make it. With the Sam Mendes one I saw being the worst of the bunch by a mile.
Basically, every new Bond automatically is worse than the last, by the default dynamics of the character's lost purpose.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 32497
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Unique Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:02 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Anyway, I'm of the firm opinion that the Bond franchise has lost all sense since the end of the cold war

Before, it was an obvious transparent high-end propaganda franchise for the West with its combination of cold war politics, sexual megalomania and unleashed over-the-top consumerism, since then the character hasn't been adjusted to the changed political world map.

It's no coincidence characters like Jason Bourne have been more meaningful and interesting as depictions of secret service activity.
They should just shut the franchise, IMO it becomes even more embarrasing the more 'deep' they try to make it. With the Sam Mendes one I saw being the worst of the bunch by a mile.
Basically, every new Bond automatically is worse than the last, by the default dynamics of the character's lost purpose.
i like bond because he drives nice cars shags nice girls and gets to shoot people what could be more fun than that. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:on topic, I always thought Diamonds Are Forever was the best one, but I haven't seen a classic Bond movie in about a decade or two and am not planning to revisit them.


Clearly the worst Connery film. I was in pain watching it. Didn’t make it better when it came after OHMSS which looked like it was made in 2010 and Diamond are Forever looks like a 1940 movie
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23197
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Anyway, I'm of the firm opinion that the Bond franchise has lost all sense since the end of the cold war

Before, it was an obvious transparent high-end propaganda franchise for the West with its combination of cold war politics, sexual megalomania and unleashed over-the-top consumerism, since then the character hasn't been adjusted to the changed political world map.

It's no coincidence characters like Jason Bourne have been more meaningful and interesting as depictions of secret service activity.
They should just shut the franchise, IMO it becomes even more embarrasing the more 'deep' they try to make it. With the Sam Mendes one I saw being the worst of the bunch by a mile.
Basically, every new Bond automatically is worse than the last, by the default dynamics of the character's lost purpose.
i like bond because he drives nice cars shags nice girls and gets to shoot people what could be more fun than that. Very Happy

This, James Bond movies aren't supposed to tell deep intriguing stories, they're more of a mindless fun guilty pleasure movie types.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6528
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Unique Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:12 pm

@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:Anyway, I'm of the firm opinion that the Bond franchise has lost all sense since the end of the cold war

Before, it was an obvious transparent high-end propaganda franchise for the West with its combination of cold war politics, sexual megalomania and unleashed over-the-top consumerism, since then the character hasn't been adjusted to the changed political world map.

It's no coincidence characters like Jason Bourne have been more meaningful and interesting as depictions of secret service activity.
They should just shut the franchise, IMO it becomes even more embarrasing the more 'deep' they try to make it. With the Sam Mendes one I saw being the worst of the bunch by a mile.
Basically, every new Bond automatically is worse than the last, by the default dynamics of the character's lost purpose.
i like bond because he drives nice cars shags nice girls and gets to shoot people what could be more fun than that. Very Happy

This, James Bond movies aren't supposed to tell deep intriguing stories, they're more of a mindless fun guilty pleasure movie types.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Would love it if Tom Hardy can do a Bond trilogy but Madden would be great too. Or Cillian Murphy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88059
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 pm

I like Tom Hardy and he is indeed a good actor, but for the moment i'm tired of seeing him tbh Laughing he's fucking everywhere

Cilian Murphy looks too much like a villain
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7173
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Even Daniel Craig is not textbook James Bond, i wish a guy who looks like Pierce Brosnan. Also it sucks if they want to make the new James Bond black or a woman. As if they cannot create separate characters and develop their own story.

In fact i wonder how "visible minorities" react to quotas in Hollywood productions... like is this guy there for a reason or just because of the color of his skin... Star Wars episode 8 was impressive in this regard Laughing

Not sure if in 2020 this is seen as racist/sexist... i still give this opinion
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7173
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:43 pm

@Warrior wrote:I like Tom Hardy and he is indeed a good actor, but for the moment i'm tired of seeing him tbh Laughing he's fucking everywhere

Cilian Murphy looks too much like a villain


Tom Hardy has been in two movies the last 5 years
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23197
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Also Casino Royale is so fucking good. Just re-watched it. Cements Daniel Craig as the best Bond by far. This single film has a better written Bond character than any other film previously. And apart from OHMSS it’s not close. Huge gap until the next one.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23197
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm

I count 7 films in last 5 years

Even if it was only 2, he has important roles. He's been the main character several times, i wish to see someone else.

Not sure if Layer Cake is popular in Europe, it's not in north america. Anyway i suggest it, still one of my favorites gangster films ever, one of Hardy's first roles even if he's secondary character.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7173
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Casino Royale is a good movie and Craig (also in Layer Cake lol) played the character well. But that's the only spark of genius in the new James Bond series imo.

My favorite character in that movie is Le Chiffre, not even James Bond himself.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7173
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:00 pm

@Warrior wrote:I count 7 films in last 5 years

Even if it was only 2, he has important roles. He's been the main character several times, i wish to see someone else.

Not sure if Layer Cake is popular in Europe, it's not in north america. Anyway i suggest it, still one of my favorites gangster films ever, one of Hardy's first roles even if he's secondary character.


He’s been in two since 2015. Since then he’s barely been anywhere.

Not that I’m advocating for him. I think he’s too old and too uninspired.

You’re really underestimating the brilliance of Casino Royale tbh. Watching them all in a short period of time it’s such a breath of fresh air. After the complete dreck the others were most of the time.

I’m so fucking tired of nuclear bombs at this point Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23197
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:36 pm

I am glad Freeza agrees that Craig is the best Bond by far.

Sean Connery may be the most iconic but if you compare performances side by side and the intensity of Craig there is no comparison.

Roger Moore was directly mostly poorly despite being a dashing man suited to the role.


Pierce Brosnan by the way was easily the closest thing to Bond himself but after Goldeneye directly so poorly he is a victim of the series.


Bond films have not aged well and a poster above is right that it is not meant to be in-depth but almost like Dr. Who in its episodic release.


Craig yes I agree is not the image of Bond given he is a more rough, brutal and ruthless Bond but there is no doubt he is the best given the range of emotion he portrays, his capabilities and the fact that he is an athletic beast.


Craig's Bond was NEEDED for Bond series hence why Casino Royale is pound for pound possibly the best in the series even if not my favourite. Let it be known it was a reboot after the terrible Die Another Day and took us all by storm.

Haven't seen Quantam of Solace to this day oddly.

Skyfall was terrific.

Spectre was underrated and decent.

I predict the next one won't be good if at all especially given he borderline hates the role by now.


We can glorify the greats in Connery since original and iconic and the best Bond films but the change of direction is what Bond was needed and I will always find him the best one unless we see a better one.


Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 10931
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:38 pm

I do like Richard Madden as he is actually stunning talent and taught so proficiently well but as a Bond I feel he is too introverted in his acting to exude that needed charisma. I would not be unhappy with the role but my picks would be:

Tom Hiddleston

Cillian Murphy a great shout given he is as good of an actor as one can be.

Just off the top of my head.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 10931
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Skyfall is the one with the house burning in the end ? Fell asleep in the middle

Not sure anymore if i've seen Spectre. Might be the reason why i don't remember the story hmm
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7173
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Unique Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Warrior wrote:I like Tom Hardy and he is indeed a good actor, but for the moment i'm tired of seeing him tbh Laughing he's fucking everywhere

Cilian Murphy looks too much like a villain


Tom Hardy has been in two movies the last 5 years
and thats 2 to many
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by rincon Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Tom Hiddleston would be a great Bond, and very different from Craig which could be cool.

Totally disagree with Hans in this.

Craig's Bonds are excellent in general. Casino Royale and Skyfall are at the top of the franchise.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15502
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Sean Connery was by far the best. Goldfinger was my favorite.
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19623
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Unique Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm

@rincon wrote:Tom Hiddleston would be a great Bond, and very different from Craig which could be cool.

Totally disagree with Hans in this.

Craig's Bonds are excellent in general. Casino Royale and Skyfall are at the top of the franchise.
i agree. Craig's bond is a narcasistic psycopath and if bond was real thats exactly what he would be.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Best Bond movie of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bond movie of all time?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum