flameas
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
McLewis
8 posters

Go down

Parma v Roma: Match Discussion Empty Parma v Roma: Match Discussion

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Being that this game is midweek and so snuck up on me, I won't be offering a full preview for it as I'm pressed for time. I do want to run the rule over who we'll have for this match as well as what we need to do to bounce back from the Udinese loss.

We have no additional injuries to report apart from Balzaretti, who remains our most important casualty thus far. Dodo had a decent outing, but showed his inexperience at times, and with Taddei also out, he may get another start. It's also possible that Nico Burdisso could be brought back in which could mean him and Castan in the middle with Marquinhos replacing Dodo at LB and Piris retaining his place at RB. The alternative option that we saw last weekend is Marquinho getting a run in at LB.

In midfield, there are suggestions that Pjanic was possibly not the right man to start given that he replaced Florenzi, who has been our best midfielder to date this season. I fully expect to see Florenzi back in the starting XI and I would also like to see Bradley as well. We missed his industry in midfield, which would've prevented Udinese taking such a stranglehold on midfield. Tachtsidis is suspended so I'm sure Zeman will draft Bradley back in to provide defensive cover.

Depending on fitness, the front 3 could change with Destro possibly getting some time for either Osvaldo or Totti. Lamela in his current form is completely undroppable so only fitness could keep him out of contention, which means Nico Lopez is set to be ostracized once more.

-----------------

As for this match with Parma. The Tardini is a good venue for us in recent years, having recorded 10 wins with the 1-0 victory last season being the latest. Parma should never be written off though at home. Amauri is a beast of a striker on his best day and I definitely remember the 2 fine goals he scored against us at the Olimpico last season. Donadoni has Parma set up in a 3-5-2 which promises to make from a devasting counter from the wings if our midfield can't control proceeding and allow us to build from deep.

A staple of our poor form is our inability to keep the ball and make good decisions with it. We stop playing the incisive diagonal balls that can cut open defense and just resort to horizontal passing and hoofball tactics that will get eaten up by even the worse backlines. We need to stay positive, keep our heads when things don't go right and show some grit.

We just need a response from this game and I think we'll get one.

2-1 Roma.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Parma v Roma: Match Discussion Empty Re: Parma v Roma: Match Discussion

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't understand why Zeman isn't giving Nico Lopez a chance.He scored a stunning goal on his Serie A debut and has been cast away ever since. scratch

As for the match I reckon we will win but you can be sure we won't make it easy for ourselves.I see another high scoring game,just hope we take more of our chances tonight than we did against Udinese and we should get the 3 points.

PS - Totti to get goal 218 :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Not a simple encounter given that it's been just a few days since our demoralizing defeat to Udinese. Parma, technically speaking, are not a very gifted team. However, they are good at staying back, covering up and then going on the counter, something we're very susceptible to especially when we give possession away cheaply in midfield. Despite this, we absolutely have to get back to winning ways, especially since the media has really gotten on ur backs for blowing a 2 goal lead on Sunday.

I'd like to see Dodo start again, however given that he's just coming back from injury, Marquinho way see some time as a LB again. In midfield, Bradley is definitely back in the starting 11 and Pjanic will be sent to the bench. In my opinion, the midfield trio of De Rossi Bradley and Florenzi is the best one Zeman could field which would satisfy his requirements. Up front, I wouldn't expect any changes from the start.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm

You're most likely right, Mike.

Here the formation from Forza Italian football - Roma (4-3-3): Stekelenburg; Piris, Marquinhos, Castan, Marquinho; De Rossi, Bradley, Florenzi; Lamela, Osvaldo, Totti
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 pm

We lost...
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Great game, our 1st win against Roma at home since 2006. Gotta say though at the end, the team wanted to win more won. Parma was fighting with everything we got while some of Roma players looked bored or frustrated. Of course the weather didnt help much either. I know Roma is often unpredictable but damn Zeman Roma is even more so, I have no doubt your team will come back with big bang next match or so.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Defending was horrible for all 3 goals. But that's nothing new at this point. I don't get why Zeman never forces a proper structure in the team ? "every man for himself" tactics isn't working and will never work.

Not sure about the defenders either. It was better with Heinze last yaer and im not joking
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 am

Not going to discuss this match now because I don't have the time to do so, but that pitch was just terrible. Parma's third goal was ridiculous. I don't understand how the game wasn't stopped.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 am

The pitch was awful for both teams. They made use of it, we couldnt.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 am

Just sack Zeman.

No future in this manager and it was obvious from the start.I've said it the very moment Roma hired him.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am

I was actually rather pleased with the final quarter of the game after Totti's goal. I think we might've nicked another one if we had more time as Parma were tiring. Wasn't to be though.

We needed a response to the Udinese match and it came far too late in this match.

I don't think Zeman's tactics are the problem here nor do I think it was Parma's pitch (which they did try to preserve against the rain before the match went ahead). I don't even think its a fitness or training issue.

It's a pure mental problem. This team doesn't have the backbone to rebound from poor positions and while some blame this on the relatively young age of the squad, I would suggest they look at Pescara from last season, who was arguably younger than us and yet more successful.

So if the coach is the problem then so are the players. The ability is there, the potential is there and the talent is definitely there, but we need to see the same resolve and will that we saw against Genoa when we were 2-0 down and staring a manita in the face. Furthermore, we need the confidence and common sense to see out matches from favorable positions. 2-0 leads are always perilous and no team in Europe is proving that to be true more than us at the moment.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Is Marquinhos really a cb??
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 pm

flameas wrote:The pitch was awful for both teams. They made use of it, we couldnt.

Go look at the goals

Vibe wrote:Just sack Zeman.

No future in this manager and it was obvious from the start.I've said it the very moment Roma hired him.

Easy to talk after a loss, what about now?

sukrut23 wrote:Is Marquinhos really a cb??

Yes
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down