McAgger
Onyx
Lex
Bear
Mr Nick09
49 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Off. Madrid want Bale thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Off. Madrid want Bale thread

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 am

Good lad Gareth

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Off. Madrid want Bale thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Off. Madrid want Bale thread

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 am

Anyone who thinks Gareth is over-rated or one trick pony is well off.

He'd added so much to his game this past year, he is imo top 3 player in PL.

Better than Rooney/Suarez/Aguero for me.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 am

Not sure if statement is by Harry Redknapp or Sepi hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Anyone who thinks Gareth is over-rated or one trick pony is well off.

Agreed. An underrated player around here... He won't come if Ronaldo stays... Pointless to be rotating the two around and well he can't play on the right particularly well and LB position have plenty of options that have already been covered.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 am

meh stupid signing with or without ronaldo since it wont solve midfield and defence issues and wont affect the failing tactics either
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Anyone who thinks Gareth is over-rated or one trick pony is well off.

Laughing Rooney is the best player in PL along with RVP, this guy isn't even remotely close to those two.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:10 am

Anything more than 27m would be ridiculous.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:12 am

'arry, it really is you :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am

Bale will be a big flop in madrid..one trick pony and with alot less space given in La liga and with the pressing i can see him flopping..His main weapon is his crossing and it will be absolutely useless in madrid with Benzema and Higuain as the strikers.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:00 am

I think Bale is an incredible talent, I don't buy the one trick pony nonsense, he's an effective winger whose added goal scoring to his arsenal. He'd be a fantastic signing for Real Madrid, with him and Ronaldo on opposite wings the team would be a handful for opposition defenders. I wouldn't pay more than £35 million for him though.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 am

I wouldn't say complete flop and useless just the thing is his price tag is what makes him not worth it, he is also still young and can only get better unless he gets hit by injuries.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Heard Spurs told Madrid he's available for 73m Laughing.

Good luck with that.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Agreed but the haters will always hate.... he's a prime example of being overrated so much he is now underrated.

He's so much better in tight spaces than given credit for he's better than Ronaldo at it anyway and easily a top 5 player in the league.

Easily worth 30m plus IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I only rate CR and Ribery higher at his position
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Agreed but the haters will always hate.... he's a prime example of being overrated so much he is now underrated.

He's so much better in tight spaces than given credit for he's better than Ronaldo at it anyway and easily a top 5 player in the league.

Easily worth 30m plus IMO.

Mole is that really you? Shocked

A while ago he wasn't even a top 5 winger in PL for you. hmm

Anyway all this one trick pony crap must die. I thought we were past that. I don't think he is the perfect fit for Madrid, but he wont flop.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:15 pm

I used to think that but in last year or so he has improved immensely in his overall play and end product.

Without a doubt the best winger in the league and top 5 player IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:30 pm

It doesn't matter how good he is.

There's Ronaldo then there's other people who are better than him already on the team who are better and more suited to playing the position as it is currently set up.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Will be interesting to see where Bale plays tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Well it'd most likely be LW. Marcelo is already at LB.

Anyway I think Bale would suit Mourinho's counter-attacking team, but since Mourinho's probably leaving at the end of the season, there's no point really getting him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm

i wish someone would just have the balls to force Ronaldo into a CF/false 9 whatever role. he wastes too much playing on the wing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 am

I dont understand how Bale would flop and fail to fill a big void left by CR, sure he doesnt have the goal scoring capacity of CR. But he works harder and defensively isn't shabby which will be great especially against the bigger teams in the CL knockouts, where Marcelos defensive capabilities can be exposed.

On his crossing ability being his best attribute but wasted, he can always swing low and dangerous crosses amongst other types but if he puts them in the right areas despite Higgy or Benz not being beasts in the air, you would expect them to finish either way.

Not to mention he would stretch the game, a lot of people fail to remember he gave Ramos a tough time. The only times I actually saw Ramos stop him was when he fouled him or body checked him.

All of this of course if CR leaves, if he doesn't then no point getting Bale IMO:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 am

tbh, Ronaldo is only relevant because he scores goals, as a pure winger he is not elite. Ronaldo is Falcao playing wide left ffs.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:tbh, Ronaldo is only relevant because he scores goals, as a pure winger he is not elite. Ronaldo is Falcao playing wide left ffs.

Been saying this for over a year. Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 am

Abramovich wrote:I dont understand how Bale would flop and fail to fill a big void left by CR, sure he doesnt have the goal scoring capacity of CR. But he works harder and defensively isn't shabby which will be great especially against the bigger teams in the CL knockouts, where Marcelos defensive capabilities can be exposed.

On his crossing ability being his best attribute but wasted, he can always swing low and dangerous crosses amongst other types but if he puts them in the right areas despite Higgy or Benz not being beasts in the air, you would expect them to finish either way.

Not to mention he would stretch the game, a lot of people fail to remember he gave Ramos a tough time. The only times I actually saw Ramos stop him was when he fouled him or body checked him.

All of this of course if CR leaves, if he doesn't then no point getting Bale IMO:

Because there are better players desperate for minutes just waiting to fill the position.

There are just better players man, better fits, people more conducive to the way we'd want to play, cheaper people, more marketable people, There's just a whole range of better out there that doesn't scream pointless like this transfer does.

We are buying Bale to what? to get buy his man and send in crosses?.

Marcelo can do that in his sleep.

But he rarely does.

Because the cross is the most remarkably worthless quality a player can have with the players we got. It's the least efficient way we could possibly attack. The last thing we want to do.

So what do we do with that knowledge?

Go out and buy Bale.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 am

Id take an pacy brazilian over him anyday tbh.

The only memorable game Ive seen from Bale is his hattrick against Inter. Given his price his far too overpriced.
You can have someone with similar capabilites of Bale for less than 5M in SA.

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Abramovich wrote:I dont understand how Bale would flop and fail to fill a big void left by CR, sure he doesnt have the goal scoring capacity of CR. But he works harder and defensively isn't shabby which will be great especially against the bigger teams in the CL knockouts, where Marcelos defensive capabilities can be exposed.

Because there are better players desperate for minutes just waiting to fill the position.

There are just better players man, better fits, people more conducive to the way we'd want to play, cheaper people, more marketable people, There's just a whole range of better out there that doesn't scream pointless like this transfer does.

We are buying Bale to what? to get buy his man and send in crosses?.

Marcelo can do that in his sleep.

But he rarely does.

Because the cross is the most remarkably worthless quality a player can have with the players we got. It's the least efficient way we could possibly attack. The last thing we want to do.

So what do we do with that knowledge?

Go out and buy Bale.

I see the logic. It looks like a white light. Take me now.

I get you, but I didn't say Bale would be the best fit or what not or even if he would be the best for Madrid all am saying is he would not flop like everyone is saying.

Why would you want your LB to be doing a LWs job anyways, his first prority is to defend and anything else is a bonus and vice versa with the LW or LM.

Either way if Bale beats his man or who ever beats his man goes down the by line cuts inside and lays off a "jew" or "sweaty" pass to any of your attackers your going to score most times. I don't watch Madrid all the time, but when I do I see alot of those similar type goals, where a player lays it off to Ronaldo after a counter to finish etc.

Bale can finish, pass, cross, dribble and defend he's pretty much a stacked package.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next