Milantildeath
baresi
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sorting out thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Sorting out thoughts

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:29 pm

baresi wrote:
You totally mis-understood me, by default we as Milan fans wish all our players to be the best players in the world in their positions, but that is not enoug, for them to be the best, same applies on Taiwo I wish he was the best LB, but he simply is'nt; not even close he is just avg at LB as far as I am concerned as from what I've seen from him at both club and NT level. If he is a LM I would say he us perfect for Milan but simply not LB. The guy is OLD I dont believe he is 23yrs BS he looks much older than that.

Then you're quite mistaken. Taiwo is one of the better LBs out there, in a market where there is a severe lack of them. Tell me, who is a better left back? I'll wait here and listen. 23 years BS? Where did you get that from? Thin air? Taiwo is 26. That's well known.

I'll wait for you to name me some better left backs. Taiwo seems like the best left back in Italy... he's not just "average" in that position. He played mostly as a starter for Marseille. Some will say he was benched... na... if you look at the stats, he actually started all but 4 games in the league (mostly because he was injured one).

When people degrade his skills, I usually ask who is better... hmm... Evra? Sure, but he's 30 and Man Utd won't let him go. Criscito? He's going to Russia, and he's certainly not better... he doesn't really excel at LB or CB. Balzaretti? A player really late in the game that has proved absolutely nothing.

I just can't think of many left backs out there. There are more right backs, but left backs are hard to find.

He's a very effective, strong and fast left back. I ask our players to put in the very best. I don't have the same demands as you.

AS for Giovinco
1) He is much cheaper than Ganso, if he flops you can always find Italian clubs to pay you back exactly what you paid for him, with much less hype which means he can easily accpet and adjust to rotating and being benched.

You demand the very best in one breath, yet you're willing to compromise in another. I sense a bit of inconsistency here. Giovinco is an average player. He's never proved anything. He went missing for most of the season for Parma, and only showed up in certain games. And I don't think Giovinco wants to be benched... Juve did that plenty to him.

2) Had a very solid season with Parma and played a major role in them not getting relegated, I dont agree on he only performed against Juve.

But then again went missing in many games, and only performed in certain games.

3) He is an Italian (again I am totally against "Italianising" but this is how Milan have been running for ages now), but I am totally with getting the best Italian talents and that hepls in both the 5+6 and the non euro spot.

He's not even the best Italian talent. On top of that, he's a light weight who is easily pushed off the ball.

Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 pm

I once did a thread regarding the LB position, there are'nt ANY decent ones out there in the market I totally agree, and Taiwo might be one of the best available, that doesnt make him a decent LB. He is good going forward but just avg in defence, and from here comes our need for a decent LM.

Nigerians usually are under aged, many examples throughout the years.

Now again I am not saying Gio is better than Ganso, but if we had to pick between one of the following options I'd pick the second:
1) We either get Ganso only
2) We get Gio + a WC midfielder.

Please note Gio is just a name I mentioned, I can live without him if we only go a WC midfielder.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:40 pm

But I think he is a great LB... and many fullbacks are great going forward, but average in defense. It's just the trade off you make. You usually have centerbacks covering for any mistakes. Abate is a rare example of where he is very good defensively, but he's a right back. And we need an overlapping leftback direly, and that's what we get in Taiwo.

Taiwo is indeed 26. Don't see how this one is a matter of discussion.

We shouldn't be only able to choose between Giovinco and Ganso. If anything I would take Nasri over Gio, despite my issues with him as a player.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/inter/articoli/63129/mercato-nasri-rompe-con-larsenal.shtml

It appears he will not be renewing with Arsenal, and they will now seek to cash out on him.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:04 pm

baresi wrote:I once did a thread regarding the LB position, there are'nt ANY decent ones out there in the market I totally agree, and Taiwo might be one of the best available, that doesnt make him a decent LB. He is good going forward but just avg in defence, and from here comes our need for a decent LM.

Nigerians usually are under aged, many examples throughout the years.

Now again I am not saying Gio is better than Ganso, but if we had to pick between one of the following options I'd pick the second:
1) We either get Ganso only
2) We get Gio + a WC midfielder.

Please note Gio is just a name I mentioned, I can live without him if we only go a Ganso.

Fixed Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 pm

lol, I seriously cant wait for the Brazilian NT now, I NEVER saw him play so maybe thats why I am not getting all the hype.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 pm

baresi wrote:lol, I seriously cant wait for the Brazilian NT now, I NEVER saw him play so maybe thats why I am not getting all the hype.

Trust me, he is something special. Hits out orgasmic passes out of nowhere.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:13 pm

I am watching him now.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Watching too... lets see how this team does...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:49 pm

This is the best Brazilian side I've seen since 1994. But havent seen Ganso yet, Its early to have a judgment on him but just saying.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Meh... this Brazil has been far from convincing... missing all sorts of shots.

And there is another shot missed by Neymar...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 pm

ya they've missed many goals, but they are very entertaining to watch for the neutral fan. Neymar is so selfish and has already grown an atitude, I really feel sorry for who ever gets him especially RM the kid already thinks he is a head and I dont see how he will react if he is not the central of attention.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Yea totally agree with you there man... I wouldn't want Neymar at Milan...

Ganso hasn't been convincing either... but I can attribute that to a lack of fitness... and he did play the final against Penarol...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Most of the team do look rusty

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Ganso has looked horrible in tonight's game. I'm not saying he is not a good player, just couldn't figure it out tonight
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:25 am

Thiago Silva was pretty good, nice and solid performance from him.

Pato was ok, didn't look his fully fit sharp self but that is what we can expect from a person who was doubtful for the tournament and was just fit for the match. Missing the killer instinct we so often see at Milan.

Robinho was Robinho. Showed some promising signs but not too much to be happy about.

Neymar impressed me tbh. This is one of the few times I really watched him closely and I truly believe that he can be something special when he does make the switch from South America to Europe. He looked sharp. Had quick feet, was in the right places. Yes he didn't score and probably needed to do a bit more up front but I was impressed nevertheless.

Ganso was not good. Very ineffective and went missing for much of the game. Disappointing performance.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2