the xcx
Highburied
The Franchise
sportsczy
Real Kandahar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How good was Guti at his best? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good was Guti at his best?

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Well Guti was at the club after Zidane retired.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How good was Guti at his best? - Page 2 Empty Re: How good was Guti at his best?

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 pm

When Zidane left, he moved further forward into a more advanced role. Zidane leaving opened up that space for him.

It was only with Zidane did he play deep.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes, when Zidane was in the team mostly. And are you going to say he ran games, while Zidane was alongside him? Probably not.

tbf to Guti he was class in our 4-1 win over Barca. He helped dominate a midfield of Xavi, Yaya, and Messi (iirc had replaced Iniesta that) with Gago and Mamadou.

But that was only one game I remember of him completely being in control of the midfield, so that doesn't really help he argument.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Actually Guti played CM too when Zidane left.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Guti actually controlled the game as far as i remember in the 4-1 madrid win in 2008 against barca and 3-3 in camp nou in 2006-07
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 am

1. As I had, hardly ever centermid

2. Winning the game or doing well doesntequal dominating the midfield. You people say this about Gago too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

On his day he was amazing. But it's summed up in this topic already
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 am

The Franchise wrote:1. As I had, hardly ever centermid

2. Winning the game or doing well doesntequal dominating the midfield. You people say this about Gago too.

how good is gago exactly according to you? would he make a good sub for busquets in barceloba , hypothetically? or is he better than that
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am

He was a beast in his first year and 2006/2007, was also good in the Pellegrini season.

Guti's assists could decide a game in an instant. I feel honoured to have seen him at his best, because at his best he was really really good, much better than he's given credit for imo.

Lord knows he's been just as frustrating though eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 am

I have to admit I dont know Gago. He has no defensive skills at all and I have see him give up when things got hard in more than one Barca game.

He has the skills, has the awareness of time and space but doesnt have the defensive grit and he doesnt like being pressed either, loses alot of his composure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 am

Gago is too weak mentally to be a top player imo. Sad because he has everything else a player in his position needs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 am

Real Kandahar wrote:Guti actually controlled the game as far as i remember in the 4-1 madrid win in 2008 against barca and 3-3 in camp nou in 2006-07

A win doesn't mean he controlled the game... He hardly controlled any game let alone big games... His final ball and through passes is what he is probably known for though tbh he was too inconsistent. Being mentioned among the greats is an insult to players such as Pirlo, Gerrard, Xavi etc.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2