Dnmac4
sportsczy
Highburied
Art Morte
Onyx
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? Empty Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Lloris' compatriot Barthez suggested that the choice was a simple one, telling Le Parisien: "Lloris is one of the five best goalkeepers in the world.

"He is faster than Friedel, he jumps higher, and he is very strong mentally. What is happening now is incomprehensible, but I am not concerned. He will become the centre-piece for the club.

"Hugo is a calm guy, a good worker. Tottenham will not let him stay on the bench for a long time."

But the comments seem to have upset the American keeper, who took to Twitter to highlight his issues with the former Manchester United man's comments.

"Just saw barthez comments," Friedel tweeted. "I normally don't comment on such crap but when disrespected by someone I don't respect I must.

"Barthez was ignorant, disrespectful and out of order to mention my name."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Friedel disrespected by Barthez? Empty Re: Friedel disrespected by Barthez?

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:50 pm

I think a more classy thing of Friedel to do would've been ignoring that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 pm

#JusticeForBrad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 pm

How is that disrespectful? He's entitled to his opinion as to who he feels is better and he just gave his reasons why. He didn't say anything derogatory about Friedel.

I think Brad is feeling pretty insecure these days lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Brad had every right to respond as he really never ever says anything. The fact is that at the moment Friedel is the better keeper.

I'm sorry but Lloris is a good keeper but nowhere near top 5 in the world.

Brad has been one of the most underrated keepers in Europe for a long time now. I think people forget, Tim Howard didn't take Brad's spot on team USA. Brad quit international football to concentrate on Europe as he was getting older.

The job would still be his over the last 5 years if he wanted it. The one thing we do well is produce keepers and Brad has been the best over the last decade for us.

And the people commenting that he shouldn't have said anything etc etc are still underrating him as I don't think you would say the same thing if someone said the same things about Van Der Sar in his last year at United.

It's well known this is Brads last year and the job will be Lloris' next year. But BRad deserves the same respect as the big keepers in Europe because he has been excellent for over a decade now in Europe.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Loooooolooool

Lloris is easily the better keeper. Brad is not even top 15 in the world. Everyone who knows anything about footy puts Lloris in top 5-7 out there.

No worries though. Brad will be shown the door soon enough. I give it a month at most.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Ah Barthez jumping in on the collective French hissy-fit!
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Why are french people so hurt about Lloris being benched for a year? French media has exploded when AVB made Friedel his first-choice. It's just a year for god's sake, Lloris is still young for a goalkeeper.

Friedel will play league matches and Lloris cup matches, what's the big deal?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Current French players think they are World Cup Winner quality or something.

Come to ze grund!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Deschamps has said Lloris will be benched or even excluded from France NT if he doesn't start. He has a lot, and i lean a TON, of competition around him. There are a lot of talented keepers in France and DD will not go with a rusty one.

Levy told him he would start. That's why he accepted the transfer.... and the reason everyone's angry here.

Levy is pretty much a scumbag lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Loooooolooool

Lloris is easily the better keeper. Brad is not even top 15 in the world. Everyone who knows anything about footy puts Lloris in top 5-7 out there.

No worries though. Brad will be shown the door soon enough. I give it a month at most.

Brad is 41 years old and in the last year of his career. He was a key part in getting Spurs over the hump and to winning the 4th spot in the EPL last year in his first year there. It's not his fault that Chelsea went on a crazy run and knocked them out.

And Brad has been a top 15 keeper for a long time now. He will not be shown the door anytime soon as Lloris will be second choice and play in Europa and Carling cups this year and then the job is his next year.

Lloris has no EPL experience and AVB doesn't have the luxury of letting Lloris get blooded in the EPL as they have ambitions of finishing in a top 4 position and Brad has already shown he's the man for that job and knows the EPL in and out.

As for Lloris being top 5 in the world please, off the top of my head,

Casillas
Neuer
Buffon
Czech
De Gea
Hart
Muslera
Rafael (Santos keeper and Brazil's number 1 very young but will be a great keeper and has actually won things)
Diego Lopez
Akinfeev
Friedel

I could start naming people like Julio Cesar who have been way more successful then Lloris as well but I don't think he's the same keeper anymore.

I actually don't really know what Lloris has ever even accomplished if memory serves me right Lyon was the best team in France then he got there and they never won the title again in the 4-5 years he was there.

On the National front where he's the captain the team has been a disaster the last 4-5 years etc.

I respect him as a good keeper but IMO he's done nothing nor has he won anything to be close to a top 5 keeper. Just my opinion, I believe you have to earn a title like that and notice I didn't put people like Victor Valdes on there who I could have or Pepe Reina because I think Victor sucks and Pepe is in decline.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:02 pm

highburied wrote:Current French players think they are World Cup Winner quality or something.

Come to ze grund!

Should English fans really be saying this..... REALLLY?! lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:04 pm

[quote="Dnmac4"]
sportsczy wrote:Loooooolooool

Casillas YES
Neuer YES
Buffon YES
Czech NO
De Gea NO
Hart QUESTIONABLE
Muslera LOL
Rafael (Santos keeper and Brazil's number 1 very young but will be a great keeper and has actually won things) LOL
Diego Lopez LOL
Akinfeev LOL
Friedel LOL

See above
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Casillas/Buffon wouldn't start for Spurs because they don't have EPL experience?

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Lloris is easily better than Friedel and one of the few WC keepers out there. Barthez has every right to express his opinion just like brad has every right to get offended .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:09 pm

top 5 gks in no specific order imo: iker,neuer,buffon,cech,diego alves,then the rest of the top names are hard to judge
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm

And btw, French media are fair actually. For example, there's very little bias in terms of Benz v. Higuain.... no fuss at all. Why? Because there's a legit question as to who should play in that case. They only question whether Benz should stay if he doesn't play... do not argue at all about the quality of Higuain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Lloris isn't up there with Buffon, Casillas and Neuer. Just sayin'
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:14 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Lloris isn't up there with Buffon, Casillas and Neuer. Just sayin'

he's not. But he's definitely in the conversation with Hart. Cech is no longer what he was (older and range/reflexes are not elite anymore; still good though).

That's my top 5... the 3 untouchables you mentioned and then Hart and Lloris. Cech and Diego Alves are behind those 5. De Gea has to show it on the big stage but has the quality.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Adit wrote:Lloris is easily better than Friedel and one of the few WC keepers out there. Barthez has every right to express his opinion just like brad has every right to get offended .

We can disagree on who's better, but just name me one thing Lloris has won or accomplished? It seems most teams he's gone to have gotten worse when he gets there.

Not to mention I take being a captain seriously and that French team has been a disgrace under his captaincy since 2010.

But your right, Barthez has every right to say what he did although it was a little harsh especially when Brad has been in great form especially since he got to Spurs as he whipped the back line into shape and cut out the goal keeping errors that plagued that team from finishing in the top 4 before he fot there.

I just take offence to the people earlier on in the thread who were saying Brad should just keep quiet or him replying meant he was feeling the pressure. It's one thing to say someone is better then someone and quite another to start pointing out almost everything a keeper does and say he's better at everything. IMO it was a little too personel but your right he had every right to say it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Lloris isn't up there with Buffon, Casillas and Neuer. Just sayin'

he's not. But he's definitely in the conversation with Hart. Cech is no longer what he was (older and range/reflexes are not elite anymore; still good though).

That's my top 5... the 3 untouchables you mentioned and then Hart and Lloris. Cech and Diego Alves are behind those 5. De Gea has to show it on the big stage but has the quality.

Czech just won the Champions league for crying out loud with a team that finished 5th in the league and had a bunch of different backlines. I'm a Barca fan and I can say first hand that Czech was fantastic last year for Chelsea and was way better then Lloris.

Sorry to say, but Chelsea wouldn't think about selling Czech and he's been doing it for a long long time now. To say Lloris is better then Czech is just short sighted and wrong.

Some people on this forum are either very young and don't remember or give players no credit for there past achievements and when a young kid comes up people are so quick to say he's better then x veteran player when a guy like Czech has been a rock for a decade.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Casillas/Buffon wouldn't start for Spurs because they don't have EPL experience?

Casillas and Buffon are two of the best keepers in the world and would get into any team they want, Lloris isn't and obviously the manager thinks BRad is more effective in the league and I agree.

Lloris isn't even on the same playing field with the two you named as they have shown they can win on any level where Lloris quite frankly has never won anything.

I mean you really are comparing apples to oranges.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Maybe it's his age, but I somehow find that Friedel provides the same sense of security as Van der Sar. Lloris on the other hand doesn't strike me as someone who is on that level yet.

Last edited by Dutti on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:35 pm

When Friedel begins playing poorly and deserves to be dropped, then drop him, but until that happens, Lloris shouldn't expect to be given a spot in the starting XI by divine right. If a keeper doesn't do anything wrong, he doesn't deserve to rot on the bench for the entire season just because his name isn't as big as the other guy's, simple as that.

If Lloris was guaranteed a starting spot, then okay that sucks and the people who told him that are douches, but Friedel shouldn't have to suffer for it.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Sure Friedel's done well, but Spurs have won 1 game this season. Who's to say Lloris wouldn't do better?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next