chinomaster182
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
bloodless
11 posters

Go down

MythBusters Empty MythBusters

Post by bloodless Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Has this myth been destroyed or what in the past 2-3 years? From David silva to Cazorla! Aguero to Suarez! The myth that technically skilled players struggle in the PL, where did that come from?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

MythBusters Empty Re: MythBusters

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm

It's been destroyed imo. Technical players are now a vital part of the EPL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm

I don't know about that myth maybe it's more of the fact that most of the technical players are really small and people think there's a physicality issue. The most famous one is Messi not being able to perform against stoke city rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 am

I wrote this:
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04/can-the-new-boy-cut-it-debunking-the-settling-in-period-myth/

Not the same question but close enough.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 am

Suarez is still struggling Razz

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 am

Lex wrote:Suarez is still Diving Razz

eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:00 am

I thought the myth means Local technically skilled players and doesn't include exceptionally good foreign players.

Let's throw Wright Philips, Joe Cole and co inside this Myth and lets see how it turns out.

Surely, all Myth deserves to be tried out with different possibilities before coming to a conclusion.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:12 am

The Messiah wrote:I thought the myth means Local technically skilled players and doesn't include exceptionally good foreign players.

Let's throw Wright Philips, Joe Cole and co inside this Myth and lets see how it turns out.

Surely, all Myth deserves to be tried out with different possibilities before coming to a conclusion.

Joe Cole was very good, at 21 he was captain of West Ham and was a great player for Chelsea.

I think it's definitely been "debunked", quality technical players thrive in the PL especially against strong but slow defenses. The agility of some of the smaller players aswell causes alot of issues, as seen with Hazard many of the bigger defenders mistime challenges and as long as the referees don't allow players to be battered then these players will continue to dominate the headlines.

You don't have to look further than Kagawa, David Silva, Carzola, Ben Arfa and Hazard to see that these players are not only thriving in the league but are among the best players.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 am

lszanto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I thought the myth means Local technically skilled players and doesn't include exceptionally good foreign players.

Joe Cole was very good, at 21 he was captain of West Ham and was a great player for Chelsea.

I think it's definitely been "debunked", quality technical players thrive in the PL especially against strong but slow defenses. The agility of some of the smaller players aswell causes alot of issues, as seen with Hazard many of the bigger defenders mistime challenges and as long as the referees don't allow players to be battered then these players will continue to dominate the headlines.

You don't have to look further than Kagawa, David Silva, Carzola, Ben Arfa and Hazard to see that these players are not only thriving in the league but are among the best players.

I thought the myth means Local technically skilled players and doesn't include exceptionally good foreign players.

Surely, all Myth deserves to be tried out with different possibilities before coming to a conclusion

Read just the marked words.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 am; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 am

The Messiah wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Surely, all Myth deserves to be tried out with different possibilities before coming to a conclusion

It's in terms of smaller, technical players.

The myth goes something like players that are not big/strong cannot cope with the physical nature of the premier league. Nothing to do with foreign/british players.

And again Joe Cole was a fantastic player when he was younger. Not so much now.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 am

It's definitely been debunked imo. Plenty of small, technical players have done well in the PL.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:04 am

It was BS over 15 years ago after Zola dominated the League when he first arrived at Chelsea.

Last edited by Gil on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:07 am

It's not a myth Laughing EPL just evolved...

But most of you guys don't know that since you started watching football last year Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down