Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 21 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+46
Gil
King Meyy
Kick
RedOranje
Albiceleste
guest7
Clandestino
elblancomadridista
Kamikaze692
Mamad
Cyborg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Error
Real Kandahar
rwo power
izzy
hrealmadrid
McAgger
teamanarchy
LeVersacci
sportsczy
Ganso
alexander mahone
Doc
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
Pedram
chad4401
Zealous
Art Morte
Future
S
Nedved
buddytaller
StrugaRock
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
FalcaoPunch
SuperMAG
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Kuru
the xcx
halamadrid2
Onyx
50 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Play is forced to him Deez. I think you should only force it if you have no other option... it's not like we have scrubs other than Ronaldo on the attack. It often feels like we're Stoke City lol

I honestly feel that if we just play properly and allow the play to flow as opposed to forcing it, CR7 will still get his 50 goals... but everyone else's performance will come up too. It spreads the pitch and gives CR7 more room. He will automatically become more efficient since he will have less obstacles to goal. Hist shots total will go down and his gials will remain the same.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by alexander mahone Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 pm

How often is it the play went through Ronaldo and it actually led to something good? Most of our successful attacks in which Ronaldo scored bunch of goals was not because of him actually heavily involved in the play but more because of him successfully getting into scoring position receiving passes from everywhere. Not saying that getting into scoring position isn't part of the play, but I think the whole Ronaldo's influence is overstated. If anything, imo for a wide player he doesn't do enough in term of the play as whole, I'm all for him moving to CF tbh.

Last edited by alexander mahone on Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 pm

and that's the rub of it... Ronaldo is a scorer. When he gets the ball outside of scoring areas, it doesn't really work well too often. But since he attacks the box so often,the CF is forced to dezone and no longer is playing CF.

thus we need a CF that is comfortable not playing CF half the time lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat May 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Which Suso are you lads talking about? If it's Sáez de la Torre then you're vastly overrating where he is in his development at the moment. He's made some appearances for us to to our lack of squad depth and relatively low league position, but he's not ready to play as first-choice back-up for us, let alone a side that wants/expects to compete for multiple trophies. He's only 19 and it will be another couple of seasons before he's ready to step into a more prominent role like that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat May 04, 2013 5:54 pm

alexander mahone wrote:How often is it the play went through Ronaldo and it actually led to something good? Most of our successful attacks in which Ronaldo scored bunch of goals was not because of him actually heavily involved in the play but more because of him successfully getting into scoring position receiving passes from everywhere. Not saying that getting into scoring position isn't part of the play, but I think the whole Ronaldo's influence is overstated. If anything, imo for a wide player he doesn't do enough in term of the play as whole, I'm all for him moving to CF tbh.

Agreed. He should be moved to CF...he does nothing when he have the ball.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 pm

CF would take some adjustment. He's accustomed to making his runs behind plays, on the break he gets running lanes but he never really has to worry about offside. There are advantages to having him on the wing.

I think a more simple solution is pass to the more creative players.

And I disagree that he does nothing - he can get down the line, he can cross, he's even demonstrated improved passing...but all this is going to no one. If we buy someone to capitalize on these things - then they become somewhat more natural to run play through him as much as we do.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat May 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Ok, i exaggerated a bit but still for a wide player he does very little creativity wise.

PS-He is a poor crosser.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

simple way to fix our problem just spread the play and cr should stop demanding the ball like a psycho all the time, i remember if someone choose not to pass to him he would get pissed at them and when other scored looked like he could careless this all cooled down over the years but it still shows cr is playing to cement his place in history and not the team even now
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Maybe I was I correct in wording in one dimensional. Although that is how it seems at times.

Ronaldo is great a scoring hence almost the "default" to him. But that comes at a cost for our team as a whole. We get this mentality that it has to be Ronaldo. We can agree that Ronaldo is "demanding" but when it involves him helping creat play in almost always ends in disaster. Now I'm not bashing him, he has bailed out countless times and been huge in helping us take down Barcelona.

As for our forwards. Benzema tends to be the more efficient and effective one. (Sports as all the stats so I won't post). His contribution to our forward line is huge. Only if we had someone else on the RW. Ozil for me is great and all, but he's not that creative engine/playmaker. Our play doesn't flow through him nor does he command or distribute as well as he should amongst our forwards. Noted several times this year (Man U then BVB) He's someone Id keep but I'd purchase someone to compete with him in that spot.

Someone of you may not like Modric. Hell neither did I. But him in our midfield alongside whether Alonso or Khedira I enjoy him. His positioning he great imo and he's very technical on the ball and can be a huge asset if we find a better compliment for him (Alonso will leave/ and I don't like what Khedira does in the midfield)
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 am

BTW if we sell Xabi and buy Pogba we would have a pretty beast technical team:

Carvajal - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Pogba - Modric
Di Maria - Özil - CR
Benzema

Everyone in that team can dribble, even our defenders, lol
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 am

Se7en wrote:BTW if we sell Xabi and buy Pogba we would have a pretty beast technical team:

Pogba - Modric
Di Maria - Özil - CR
Benzema

hmm

This line up gets a strong 9/10 from me. Exactl line up i have in my mind bar may be Di maria.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah. Put Isco or Draxler in there instead of Di Maria and you have my vote...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 12:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah. Put Isco or Draxler in there instead of Di Maria and you have my vote...
add gundogan for modric and you get a 10 for me
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Is Pogba a pure DM or a B2B?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Is Pogba a pure DM or a B2B?
he is a n8 with defensive abilities
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Yeah. Put Isco or Draxler in there instead of Di Maria and you have my vote...
add gundogan for modric and you get a 10 for me

I think you should watch Modric vs BVB as CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Tt9dwg05Q0

No body took the ball away from him the whole match.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 05, 2013 3:34 pm

i like modric more, i just think he has had a tought time adapting becouse of no pre season/not always been used as a CM
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 05, 2013 4:02 pm

And not playing regularly. Similar to Sahin, central midfielders (or players of similar position) need constant playing time to find their groove. The difference is that Sahin wasn't purchased for 35 million euros (or some figure close to that).

But yea, replace Isco with Di maria and that line up has my approval big time...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun May 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Se7en wrote:BTW if we sell Xabi and buy Pogba we would have a pretty beast technical team:

Pogba - Modric
Di Maria - Özil - CR
Benzema

or Bale for Di Maria
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 pm

How about Reus for Di Maria. Also like Nick I prefer Gundogan - spends less time on the ball, plays it early and quick - just the way all our attackers like it. Veratti I know less of, and by all accounts he's not ready.

Is Pogba realistic? Wouldn't Juve just prefer to cash in on Vidal if they had to sell either? I think there would be less likelihood of friction.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Le Samourai wrote:How about Reus for Di Maria. Also like Nick I prefer Gundogan - spends less time on the ball, plays it early and quick - just the way all our attackers like it.

Is Pogba realistic? Wouldn't Juve just prefer to cash in on Vidal if they had to sell either? I think there would be less likelihood of friction.

Yeah I also like Reus over anybody, but BvB is unlikely to cash in on him after they sold Gotze and they are about to sell Lewa.

Pogba is unrealistic too, Juve would certainly keep him now, seeing that he is a great potential. But I wouldn't mind keeping Khedira in that position, or returning Sahin from BVB.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Pogba has a 15 mil-ish release clause. So low because Juve got him on a free. Trying to extend him since end of Jan, but he's refused so far. He's looking... doesn't mean he'll leave though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 05, 2013 4:24 pm

I think the whole Pogba thing is there due to him not signing that extension, well, according to Sports. Honestly, Khedira is fine but if there is an improvement that can be made, the club should make it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Honestly I still like Sahin than I do Modric - especially for us. People will look at the Liverpool stint and say he won't cut it - but Rdogers didn't come remotely close to using him properly - and Liverpool's overall new style without forwards was very stagnant.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Doc wrote:I think the whole Pogba thing is there due to him not signing that extension, well, according to Sports. Honestly, Khedira is fine but if there is an improvement that can be made, the club should make it.

Here the source for Pogba: http://www.franceinfo.fr/football/juventus-turin-un-an-de-plus-pour-p-pogba-917955-2013-03-12
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 05, 2013 4:58 pm

How about Mata? Although I doubt Chelsea would sell him. Maybe if we offer them Higuain or Di Maria as part of the deal/swap?

Also I a lot of playmakers are CM type players. Modric, Gundogan, Verratti etc. All 3 would need a DM next to them and Khedira isn't one.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next