Falcao vs Llorente vs Dzeko

5 posters

Go down

Falcao vs Llorente vs Dzeko Empty Falcao vs Llorente vs Dzeko

Post by juvefan4life Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Just wondering which would suit juve the best. For me its Falcao but it is too expensive.

juvefan4life
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Falcao vs Llorente vs Dzeko Empty Re: Falcao vs Llorente vs Dzeko

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Falcao all day long. Completely clinical in the box, fantastic jumping and probably the best header of the ball there is.

He has an underrated game outside of the box too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 pm

I must admit that I do not know enough about Falcao because I have not seen him play much and I can only read about him.

Can anyone explain to me why a major club has not attempted to sign him from either Porto or Atletico? He is 26 and it just seems like an EPL team would have signed him by now. I know people on here like to say that players are committed to their teams, like Llorente. But it always worries me a big when a player is over 25 and still hasn't left his mid-level team (which I consider Atletico to be). I feel like the scouting departments of some clubs must know something that we don't know.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Juventude wrote:I must admit that I do not know enough about Falcao because I have not seen him play much and I can only read about him.

Can anyone explain to me why a major club has not attempted to sign him from either Porto or Atletico? He is 26 and it just seems like an EPL team would have signed him by now. I know people on here like to say that players are committed to their teams, like Llorente. But it always worries me a big when a player is over 25 and still hasn't left his mid-level team (which I consider Atletico to be). I feel like the scouting departments of some clubs must know something that we don't know.

Not exactly,
He had a monstrous season with Porto with AVB
and Atletico paid something like 40M for him, not exactly mid-level team kind of money

In all honesty, he could have held out for a 'bigger' club but he chose Atletico for whatever reasons

And at 26, I wouldn't really be worried, he has plenty of time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:I must admit that I do not know enough about Falcao because I have not seen him play much and I can only read about him.

Not exactly,
He had a monstrous season with Porto with AVB
and Atletico paid something like 40M for him, not exactly mid-level team kind of money

In all honesty, he could have held out for a 'bigger' club but he chose Atletico for whatever reasons

And at 26, I wouldn't really be worried, he has plenty of time

I understand that. Atletico will always be the little brother in Madrid for me, so it's hard for me to take them seriously as a "major" club. It seems like the third best club in La Liga is constantly rotating between teams like Valencia, Villareal, Atletico, etc. in the past 15 fifteen years.

I know I sound very old school when I say this, but I just have my doubts when players have ridiculous goal rates in La Liga and having that translate to Serie A.

Personally, I think we should be concentrating on Serie A talent and trying to prevent the league's best players leaving Italy. Such as Jovetic.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm

He exploded on the scene at Porto and then I vaguely remember the Porto chief saying if somebody met a certain high price he would let Falcao leave.

Fast forward a little while and Atletico have just sold Aguero and basically put all of that transfer money towards Falcao.

To get him off of Atletico it would take 40-50Million euros, maybe even more.

His goal scoring record speaks for itsself. 72 in 85 apps for Porto, including 38 goals in 42 apps in his last season there.

36 goals in 50 apps for Atletico. He was the highest goal scorer in la liga outside of the big 2 and he was playing for an unfancied team.

Add to that he has been Europa leagues top scorer 2 seasons in a row.

Edit: I understand what you mean in reguards to La liga to serie A but he really is clinical. He was very impressive against Barca and Madrids defence. Infact, he scored in a game against Barca and was denied 2 1 on 1s with poor offside calls. His movement is brilliant.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 pm

But the big q now:
Can mr marroooooota spend 50m on 1'player only? I highly doubt it...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm

My concern is that we have screwed up many of our striker signings since 2006 and we need to get this one right.

I'm starting to come around to the idea that we don't need a true CF style striker with the way our attack works with possession and a buildup. That's why I really think Jovetic's versatility and proven Serie A experience is the way to go.

Llorente, Dzeko, and Falcao may all cost too much and might not work in our tactics. They are gambles that may not be worth taking.

If we closed out this window with Jovetic and Armero, I would be quite happy.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down